Problems with watching Universal Sports videos? | Golden Skate

Problems with watching Universal Sports videos?

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
When I try to watch the recorded competition the video keeps stopping and its almost impossible to fast forward.
I tried watching the highlights, but once the skaters were introduced I was left with no sound.

Anyone else having these problems?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I keep getting a message that suggests I watch Women's Curling. Yikes.

Technical difficulties. My ET schedule says that part 2 starts at 8:55 a.m. Praying that it is fixed by them

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Welcome to Microsoft Silverlight. :disagree::disapp:

My only ways to rewatch the Olympics and now to watch Worlds is my always-freezing over-the-air Universal TV channel or NBC Sports/Universal's jerky-viewing websites.

I take that back, I may end up just watching whatever (illegal) feeds I can get elsewhere. :p

Tesla

Final Flight
I had no problem yesterday during pairs. I just used Internet Explorer. I can't watch today, but I'll be able to watch tomorrow.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I didn't have any problems yesterday (pairs short) or today (men's short), and I'm using Firefox. Hope you can find a good feed....

beep_beep

Medalist
I keep getting a message that suggests I watch Women's Curling. Yikes.

What's wrong with women's curling? Or curling as whole? :biggrin: (oh, look, the old smilie is back)

I'm getting no video too, it says it can't find it. (Normally it tells me I can't watch it :sheesh:)

Wicked

Final Flight
I watched on-demand fine yesterday on Firefox. Is there any way to change the video quality?

Tesla

Final Flight
I don't know, but I used Silverlight in Firefox for the Olympics, and yesterday, I watched Worlds in Internet Explorer. IE maintained the high quality a lot better than Firefox.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If you're on a mac, update the flip for mac/ microsoft silverlight app and then use firefox instead of safari and it should work fine.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I'm using IE. Silverlight seemed to work fine during the Olympics. I'll try again and then try the laptop and see if that makes any difference. *Oh the woes of being a skating fan! lol*

katymay

Medalist
I didn't have any problems yesterday (pairs short) or today (men's short), and I'm using Firefox. Hope you can find a good feed....

The problem with firefox is many of us have adware/spyware and script blocking enabled. Silverlight, by design, needs to call home. ALOT. That is why it is called spyware. What is funny is micro$oft sued VLC (Videolan), a far superior, open source program. It lost, and then just tried to copy it with the spyware features added. Best advice is to make sure you uninstall silverlight after you have finished using it. (i.e. after Worlds is over). It is horrible, but then again, brought to you by those fun folks who give you Windows Media player, another horrible player.
Also, because of its 'phone home' features many sophisticated firewalls block it. So if you feel the need, perhaps change the settings of your firewall.

Artistry

On the Ice
I watched Olympic content and the last few days (on-demand and live streams) on Universal. Today, all of the sudden - it's not loading live womens stream. I've tried safari and google chrome, and I downloaded Silverlight before... not sure what the problem is, but I keep thinking of how far we are from 'easy use' of computers, unless you're one of those tech nerds... sigh... Why would something which is still in my bookmarks from 2 days ago work, and then stop today? It's the same site. I also assume that I have all the plug ins, otherwise again: why would it work yesterday and not today if I didn't have something installed? Any helpful hints on how to get US to stream? I have a brand new mac ox 10.6.1, but I also tried in on an old PC w/firefox - no luck there either. I don't have firefox on my mac though, and i'm tired of poking around different tv streams - they aren't working for me either (Turkish, Swedish, etc.). by the way - my script preferences in all browsers were enabled.