Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asada & Ten leave coaches

Asada & Ten leave coaches

According to the blog of Elena Vaitsekhovskaya (http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/v.../post123205927), Mao Asada has broken association with Tarasova (not that surprising), and Denis Ten with Vorodezova. The latter is rather surprising; according to Vaitsekhovskaya, Vodorezova has been burnt back when she was coaching Gedevanishvili by the skater's mom making increasingly unreasonable demands, and this time around fired Ten as it was beginning to follow the same pattern.

The same information has now appeared on Artur Werner's "conference" (http://www.wer-art.com/conf/) - he places the blame with one Irina Tagayeva, Ten's choreographer and a former prima ballerina who's danced alongside Plisetskaya - though he doesn't elaborate on how she's contributed to the split.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 03-22-2010 at 11:01 AM.

On the Ice
    I thought Mao was keeping Tarasova as a "team leader"? If not, that's good - I don't think it's a good idea to have a team leader whom you hardly ever see. Besides, their styles didn't mesh that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    According to the blog of Elena Vaitsekhovskaya (http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/v.../post123205927), Mao Asada has broken association with Tarasova (not that surprising), and Denis Ten with Vorodezova. The latter is rather surprising; according to Vaitsekhovskaya, Vodorezova has been burnt back when she was coaching Gedevanishvili by the skater's mom making increasingly unreasonable demands, and this time around fired Ten as it was beginning to follow the same pattern.

The same information has now appeared on Artur Werner's "conference" (http://www.wer-art.com/conf/) - he places the blame with one Irina Tagayeva, Ten's choreographer and a former prima ballerina who's danced alongside Plisetskaya - though he doesn't elaborate on how she's contributed to the split.
    I also thought that Mao will keep TAT as a choreographer because the Asada side has been grateful for TAT's contribution to Asada's artistic growth and because they were also looking at Sochi. Keeping TAT does not hurt in politics then.

But personally, I am glad if she completely breaks off from TAT. Their long-distance relationship did not seem working and Lori was a better match with Mao's strengths. TAT is also not strong at the COP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    TAT is also not strong at the COP.
    I don't think I agree. TAT did choreograph for Lysacek, and his programs are CoP masterpieces. Also, back when she coached Cohen, she was the first to really milk CoP for all it's worth.

I don't think I agree. TAT did choreograph for Lysacek, and his programs are CoP masterpieces. Also, back when she coached Cohen, she was the first to really milk CoP for all it's worth.
    Good to hear. Yet, I read that Shizuka left her for her weakness in the COP (as perceived by Shizuka). I also think that Mao's step sequences are not adding many points.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I have been hearing many contradictory reports about Mao's coaching situation so far. Some say TAT's will stay as choreographer but others say she will go for good. Dunno which one to believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Good to hear. Yet, I read that Shizuka left her for her weakness in the COP (as perceived by Shizuka). I also think that Mao's step sequences are not adding many points.
    I don't think Tarasova is to blame. Some choreographers and coaches work for a skater and others do not. It happens also that they are more successfull for a period of time. Morozov in 2006-2007 was winning with Shizuka and Miki. Now the situation is different. Tarasova worked for Lysacek, less for Mao.

Custom Title

Thank God. Halleluja!

Custom Title
    Ten has so much talent but something is not going right. I just thought maybe it was competing too much!

I thought Lysacek went to Moscow for two weeks for the choreography only. She may have coached him while he was there but in such a short period of time, she didn't have the time to do much. The music was fine for Evin though, Bolero for the SP, and Gershwin for LP which he did well, but I think it was Frank's coaching and his psychological input that turned Evin into a consistent skater.

Mao's 3A is in fine shape, and TT kept it so. However, I think there was some kind of loneliness there in Moscow with the lack of compatriats and skating friends. Yuna,on the other hand, had a coach who was ambitious for himself as he was for her plus their is a large Korean community in Vancouver.

I don't know if TEN is the son of a diplomat who was posted to Kazakistan or if he were born there. He is a very promising skater and I can't imagine any reason for his leaving Vorozadova. To whom does he go? He would have to leave Kazakkistan wouldn't he?

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Good for Mao. TAT was a poor fit for her.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    So Mao is going to Worlds coachless again?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Ten has so much talent but something is not going right. I just thought maybe it was competing too much!
    I think it is. He also doesn't deal with pressure all that well (from what I can tell. I wouldn't call him a headcase, yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I don't know if TEN is the son of a diplomat who was posted to Kazakistan or if he were born there. He is a very promising skater and I can't imagine any reason for his leaving Vorozadova. To whom does he go? He would have to leave Kazakkistan wouldn't he?
    Well, accoring to Vaitsekhovskaya, Vodorezova fired him, not the other way around. As I've said, Vaitsekhovskaya seems to put the blame with Ten's mother, while Werner mentions the choreographer.

Ten was born in Kz - and he's already been training in Moscow for years.

Koreans and Kazakhstan have a tragic history. From the late 19th century on, there have been Korean communities throughout Russian far east and Siberia. In the late 30's, Stalin has forcefully moved all of them to Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan on the pretext that they could be Japanese spies (before anyone draws a parallel with American internment camps during WWII let me point out that about half of the 100,000 Koreans who were moved dies on the way of cold, desease and starvation; many other ethnic minorities have been moved to Kazakhstan around the same time). Following those tragic events, Koreans in USSR really did become a community (they really weren't one before) despite the fact that they weren't permitted to speak Korean and have thus lost their language.

Another interesting fact about Ten - his great great grandfather was a famous general during Korean Empire.

Further reading: Ten - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Ten; Korean communities of Russia/ Kazakhstan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koryo-saram

Custom Title
    Well, accoring to Vaitsekhovskaya, Vodorezova fired him, not the other way around. As I've said, Vaitsekhovskaya seems to put the blame with Ten's mother, while Werner mentions the choreographer.

Ten was born in Kz - and he's already been training in Moscow for years.

Koreans and Kazakhstan have a tragic history. From the late 19th century on, there have been Korean communities throughout Russian far east and Siberia. In the late 30's, Stalin has forcefully moved all of them to Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan on the pretext that they could be Japanese spies (before anyone draws a parallel with American internment camps during WWII let me point out that about half of the 100,000 Koreans who were moved dies on the way of cold, desease and starvation; many other ethnic minorities have been moved to Kazakhstan around the same time). Following those tragic events, Koreans in USSR really did become a community (they really weren't one before) despite the fact that they weren't permitted to speak Korean and have thus lost their language.

Another interesting fact about Ten - his great great grandfather was a famous general during Korean Empire.

Further reading: Ten - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Ten; Korean communities of Russia/ Kazakhstan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koryo-saram
    Thanks for that very informative posting. I'm thinking if Ten ever wanted to skate for Korea (which is highly unlikely since he really doesn't have connection to the country), Korea would welcome him. Many "old" countries consider their expats their own no matter how many years they've been away. Italy for example allowed oversees Italians to vote for Italian parliament. There is a similar move a foot in Korea too I believe. Just as an example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast