10 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN
11 Jessica DUBE / Bryce DAVISON CAN
12 Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT USA

Warm-Up Group 4
13 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS
14 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
15 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER
16 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN

If Zhang and Zhang are not held up for reputation, it is possible that Denney/Barrett could place 5th which would give Elvora/Ladwiq a better chance of making 13.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I just want Amanda & Mark to skate their very best and let anything else fall where it falls. They don't have any control over scores or placement and I don't think they'll be too overwhelmed with that either. I will be thrilled for them if they can skate as well or better than they did at the Olympics and I know they'll be happy with that too. Go Amanda & Mark!! :clap:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
If Zhang and Zhang are not held up for reputation, it is possible that Denney/Barrett could place 5th which would give Elvora/Ladwiq a better chance of making 13.

Z/Z has about 9 points lead. Assuming they get the same PCS, it's virtually impossible for D/B to beat Z/Z by 9 points on TES.
I think unless there's a melt down for Z/Z, they will be in 5th place. D/B probably won't be able to hang on to 6th since they're only a point ahead of the overrated and overmarked Dube/Davidson.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Z/Z has about 9 points lead. Assuming they get the same PCS, it's virtually impossible for D/B to beat Z/Z by 9 points on TES.
I think unless there's a melt down for Z/Z, they will be in 5th place. D/B probably won't be able to hang on to 6th since they're only a point ahead of the overrated and overmarked Dube/Davidson.

I don't know. D/D seem insistent on keeping that very inconsistent SBS 3S. I could actually see D/D going down in the standings even with some slight overmarketing.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
If Caydee & Jeremy skate a rock solid LP like they did at US Nats and lose out on some points to a flawed Jess & Bryce (especially on the tech marks if they go clean and J&B don't skate well), that would be a travesty beyond words. I'm trying not to focus on other teams failing and instead focusing on the US teams skating really well. It's so tantalizing that they're so close to those three spots but it won't be a disaster if they aren't able to pull it off either. Let's just cheer for them to do well! :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
If things were fair we could have a great chance of getting 3 spos next year. Denny and Barret should have been ahead of the Zhangs and D&D. So should Amanda and Mark.

Predictions: (taking into account the cheating in the SP)

Pang and Tong-win easily
Yuko and Alex- no quad but they redeem themeves from Vancouver
S&S- PCS holds them up, they both make mistakes
M&T- one mistake.
Zhang and Zhang- another performance of thr worst Sherezade ever. Big throws and twist, zero artistry.
THEE baby ballerina and her mediocre partner.
Americans somewhere down here due to underscoring.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
If things were fair we could have a great chance of getting 3 spos next year. Denny and Barret should have been ahead of the Zhangs and D&D. So should Amanda and Mark.

Predictions: (taking into account the cheating in the SP)

Pang and Tong-win easily
Yuko and Alex- no quad but they redeem themeves from Vancouver
S&S- PCS holds them up, they both make mistakes
M&T- one mistake.
Zhang and Zhang- another performance of thr worst Sherezade ever. Big throws and twist, zero artistry.
THEE baby ballerina and her mediocre partner.
Americans somewhere down here due to underscoring.

Caydee & Jeremy were ahead of Jessica & Bryce in the SP and I think Caydee's & Jeremy's placement was very fair. As for Amanda & Mark, they should have been ahead of Jessica & Bryce.

gold12345

Medalist
If Caydee & Jeremy skate a rock solid LP like they did at US Nats and lose out on some points to a flawed Jess & Bryce (especially on the tech marks if they go clean and J&B don't skate well), that would be a travesty beyond words. I'm trying not to focus on other teams failing and instead focusing on the US teams skating really well. It's so tantalizing that they're so close to those three spots but it won't be a disaster if they aren't able to pull it off either. Let's just cheer for them to do well! :)

I doubt that would be a travesty. Denney/Barrett have plenty of flaws of their own and only have a season's best of 105 points, which D/D can get with multiple mistakes. It will take a lot to beat D/D, but it's possible considering their tendency to collapse at times... And whoever mentioned Z/Z, there's no way D/B will pass them unless there's some epic Z/Z meltdown. Z/Z don't deserve great PCS, but neither do D/B if we're looking at it honestly.

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I doubt that would be a travesty. Denney/Barrett have plenty of flaws of their own and only have a season's best of 105 points, which D/D can get with multiple mistakes. It will take a lot to beat D/D, but it's possible considering their tendency to collapse at times... And whoever mentioned Z/Z, there's no way D/B will pass them unless there's some epic Z/Z meltdown. Z/Z don't deserve great PCS, but neither do D/B if we're looking at it honestly.

Maybe travesty is too big of a word but it would be disappointing IMO. I've seen Caydee & Jeremy in person when they skate great and there's an energy and excitement when they're on that should help with some of their PCS scores. Jess & Bryce can do that too but if they don't skate well, they shouldn't be scored well just because of their reputation. That's what I mean by travesty I guess. C&J do have some work to do on other aspects of the PCS but there are some things they do well too. Just judge the event fairly and I'll be content, especially if both US teams skate very well. :)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Amanda & Mark got 108.22 for their LP. Did anyone happen to see how they skated? I couldn't watch at work today. That's still pretty good for them but not quite as good as they did at the Olympics.

CassAgain

On the Ice
They each had a problem during different jumps. She bobbled a landing a little on a throw. The lifts were gorgeous.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Amanda & Mark will officially stay in the top ten after all the pairs that have skated so far! I'm so proud of them. :clap:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Foot down by Langlois on a throw triple (Salchow, maybe?) and then she fell on a side-by-side. Too bad.

apple123

On the Ice
any1 finds the belt of Cody HAY distracting? at first I thought it's a hole on the costume...