Pairs Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program

gold12345

Medalist
I so hope Mukhortova/Trankov can beat this! But the score is ridiculously high with two falls. That should have been behind the Zhangs.

gold12345

Medalist
MAXIM fell on the throw. lol. M/T did nice SBS 3S and the throws were pretty good except for his fall. The only other problem was on the 3T... She did 3T-1T and the 3T was two footed. Sure, they don't have much choreography in that program, but I think they got screwed.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I know very little about Pairs...if the thrower falls on the throw jump, is there more than the mandatory -1 deduction? Like, does it just affect the GOE or do they lose 3 points as if she had fallen? Thanks!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I know very little about Pairs...if the thrower falls on the throw jump, is there more than the mandatory -1 deduction? Like, does it just affect the GOE or do they lose 3 points as if she had fallen? Thanks!

A fall is a fall no matter where it occurs so the -1 deduction happens anytime there's a full out fall. I imagine there was some GOE loss too on that element but we'll have to see the protocols later to see what they did there.

GO ALIONA & ROBIN!!! :clap:

gold12345

Medalist
Ah, Savchenko/Szolkowy were SO GOOD! She doubled the first 3T, but the rest was pretty darn good. Very good presentation. I kind of loved it! If K/S got a 130, this deserves 150. :laugh:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Thanks...I figured there would be the -1 deduction regardless.

Really enjoyed Robin and Aliona despite the couple shaky jumps! Their program just seemed to really gel and felt packed with difficulty. I wanted S/Z to win at the Olys, but I really have enjoyed watching them this year!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
YAY for Aliona & Robin!! I can't wait to watch it later and it sounds like P&T will have to be really perfect to win now. I'm so happy for them to skate so well after the disappointment in Vancouver! :clap:

gold12345

Medalist
I'm slightly horrified that S/S only beat K/S overall by less than a point!

P/T did very well besides her doubled 3T. Congrats to them on winning another World title!

Last edited:

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Pang and Tong...she doubled a jump and the side by side spins looked off to me. S and S should win in my opinion.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
They were almost four points behind after the SP so I'm just thrilled they actually beat them overall. :eek: