Pairs Long Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Warmup group on the ice...
Bazarova/Larionov first up in this group. It's great for them to be doing as well as they are after the whole suspension thing. They just got right back into it.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I wish someone would do a costume intervention with Denny and Barrett. There are taste issues there.[/Nina Garcia]

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The young Russians are doing pretty great. Nice landings on both throw jumps. And beautiful lift positions. Good synchronicity for the most part on the side-by-side spins.

Bazarova is quite pretty.

Edit:

And a score of 112.26 (with one deduction included) for a total of 172.04, and into first.

Zhang/Zhang up now.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nice jump combo by the Zhangs, if out of unison. Couldn't tell if it was fully rotated or not, but no falls.

That was a pretty low down death spiral. If I ever had to do that, I think I would freak out.

Should get a pretty decent TES score here.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
The young Russians are doing pretty great. Nice landings on both throw jumps. And beautiful lift positions. Good synchronicity for the most part on the side-by-side spins.

Bazarova is quite pretty.

Yeah, they were good. Her jumps are very very small and low, but their throws looked better than usual. Very pretty lifts.

Bazarova is scary thin though. I hope it's just because she hasn't hit puberty yet and not because she's starving herself. She makes Dan Zhang look almost normal size!

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Only 126??? That was low thou, maybe downgrade on 2A+3T<??? Looks like the Zhangs will be off the podium even if they skated clean!!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah, they were good. Her jumps are very very small and low, but their throws looked better than usual. Very pretty lifts.

Bazarova is scary thin though. I hope it's just because she hasn't hit puberty yet and not because she's starving herself. She makes Dan Zhang look almost normal size!

I'd think she's probably hit puberty...she's 17. If she hadn't gone through it yet, it would be a bit odd. She might just be naturally small.

Great skate by the Zhangs, 126.58 and into first by a lot.

Good luck to Dube/Davison! Here's to hoping not another meltdown!

gold12345

Medalist
Only 126??? That was low thou, maybe downgrade on 2A+3T<??? Looks like the Zhangs will be off the podium even if they skated clean!!

Yeah, they almost scored that at the Olympics with a fall. The Olympic scoring was insanely high in general, but still... Not a great score for what they did.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Decent skate by the Canadians...

So hard to believe that Dube is 5 months younger than my older sister!

gold12345

Medalist
I'd think she's probably hit puberty...she's 17. If she hadn't gone through it yet, it would be a bit odd. She might just be naturally small.

Yeah, you're probably right. She looks the same as when she was 14 though. Maybe even thinner!

Not a bad skate from Dube/Davison. Only a 2S from her but the rest was pretty nice. He stumbled a little in the pair spin.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
seems the judges decides to score down z/z now. well, if you don't skate well all season, this is bound to happen sooner or later.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And Dube/Davison into second. They'll move up at least one place, by beating Bazarova/Larionov...

Go Caydee and Jeremy!

Fall by Jeremy on the side-by-side triples. :eek:hwell:

But a good throw triple (lutz, I think) and a double axel sequence. Beautiful, low death spiral.

Side by side camel spins always scare me.

And I really like that spin they did with him in a sit spin and her with her arms up and out to the sides (the first part of the combo spin thing they did at the end)

Last edited:

Lissy

Medalist
I wish she would do something with her hair. I really dislike when ladies hair is flying all over the place. It's really distracting.