Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: Strange results in the men's short

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Europe,Moldova
    Posts
    139

    Strange results in the men's short

    I think it's important theme.In my opinion Joubert must be first after the short.But officials think another http://worldskating.blogspot.com/201...t-program.html

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    I'd give Joubert 2nd in the short above Chan, but Takahashi deserved his first place finish, IMO.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    The Americans are in danger of losing their 3rd place for next year.
    That just would not be right.

  4. #4
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    I think so.
    My placement : 1.Joubert 2.Takahashi 3.Kozuka

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,959
    Well Joubert did a combination that was worth 13.80 base points so all things equal, he would have been 4 points above Dai and Chan, but I kinda feel like his lower PCS were deserved. He doesn't really have transitions and I think when you have a silly program like he does it's hard to get a huge score. Plus I think he and Jeremy both got punished a bit in PCS for bombing so terribly at the Olympics, they have to earn their redemption.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,051
    His lower pcs scores were deserved. Actually they could have been lower but he's in a good place. I say good luck with the long because his long isn't nearly as good as his short. I do hope he does well because his country has been kind of mean to him.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    His lower pcs scores were deserved. Actually they could have been lower but he's in a good place. I say good luck with the long because his long isn't nearly as good as his short. I do hope he does well because his country has been kind of mean to him.
    I know how do you possibly be mean to someone so adorable? Glad he redeemed himself though, hoping he keeps it together in the LP!

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    His lower pcs scores were deserved. Actually they could have been lower but he's in a good place. I say good luck with the long because his long isn't nearly as good as his short. I do hope he does well because his country has been kind of mean to him.
    He will attempt 4T again, maybe even two, but only have one 3A so his TES advantage is basically more or less as a skater who attempt 8 triples with 2 tirple 3A. So if Brian wants to hang on to the podium he needs to land all of his jumps. But 2 points back in Men event is nothing, considering they all do 8 jumps and difficult jumps like 3A.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I think it's important theme.In my opinion Joubert must be first after the short.But officials think another http://worldskating.blogspot.com/201...t-program.html
    Yeah... not so much. LOL.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    161
    i know braian had less transitions than daisuke and chan,

    but how can quad jumpers have as much transitions as 3-3 jumpers do in their SP???

    thats why judges are stupid.

    Also, abott are underscored.

  11. #11
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    i know braian had less transitions than daisuke and chan,

    but how can quad jumpers have as much transitions as 3-3 jumpers do in their SP???

    thats why judges are stupid.

    Also, abott are underscored.
    If we could just dump the music and have each skater select 5 jumps and 1 combo to be judged individually we could stop harping on this almighty quad. Diving does that, and they have base values for each of the dives. Scale the jumps from 0-10 and forget about GoEs. Would you pay to see it? I would. It's total sport. Keep the music for the LP.

  12. #12
    Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    615
    I would've had Joubert slightly higher too. At least higher than Chan.

  13. #13
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If we could just dump the music and have each skater select 5 jumps and 1 combo to be judged individually we could stop harping on this almighty quad. Diving does that, and they have base values for each of the dives. Scale the jumps from 0-10 and forget about GoEs. Would you pay to see it? I would. It's total sport. Keep the music for the LP.
    No, and I don't think many casual fans would either. Most viewers cannot tell the difference between between a flip or a lutz or even a salchow and a loop. It's not as obvious as the different dives and I don't think regular people would enjoy watching jump to jump to jump. Plus, sorry but watch someone jump a foot off the ice over and over again is not as exciting as watching someone plunge off the highest diving board.....

    Still .... about Joubert, I'm kind of torn and I haven't even gotten to watch Chan, who is above him. Dai was perfect and I'm in total awe of his footwork. It's so gorgeous and seemless, you totally forget he is trying to get points. But Joubert was really on fire and he did do that huge combination...

    Besides, even though I like watching other skaters more, part me hopes Joubert wins the whole thing just to show his stupid federation. what would they say then?
    Last edited by Layfan; 03-24-2010 at 07:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    No, and I don't think many casual fans would either. Most viewers cannot tell the difference between between a flip or a lutz or even a salchow and a loop. It's not as obvious as the different dives and I don't think regular people would enjoy watching jump to jump to jump. Plus, sorry but watch someone jump a foot off the ice over and over again is not as exciting as watching someone plunge off the highest diving board.....

    Still .... about Joubert, I'm kind of torn and I haven't even gotten to watch Chan, who is above him. Dai was perfect and I'm in total awe of his footwork. It's so gorgeous and seemless, you totally forget he is trying to get points. But Joubert was really on fire and he did do that huge combination...

    Besides, even though I like watching other skaters more, part me hopes Joubert wins the whole thing just to show his stupid federation. what would they say then?
    I thought Patrick did more than Dai today. His skating was like a CoP clinic and I was surprised he didn't score a bit more.

    As Patrick noted, Dai sold it better. I could say Joubert sold it better too - but I am just not buying what Joubert is selling.

    If I want to see that type of action I prefer watching the original - John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever."

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If we could just dump the music and have each skater select 5 jumps and 1 combo to be judged individually we could stop harping on this almighty quad. Diving does that, and they have base values for each of the dives. Scale the jumps from 0-10 and forget about GoEs. Would you pay to see it? I would. It's total sport. Keep the music for the LP.
    what i want to say is that there are differences between getting high score in a high school and in a uni, although sometimes getting a high score in a high school is difficult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •