Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Strange results in the men's short

Custom Title

Strange results in the men's short

I think it's important theme.In my opinion Joubert must be first after the short.But officials think another http://worldskating.blogspot.com/201...t-program.html

Custom Title
    I'd give Joubert 2nd in the short above Chan, but Takahashi deserved his first place finish, IMO.

Custom Title
    The Americans are in danger of losing their 3rd place for next year.
    That just would not be right.

Rinkside
    I think so.
    My placement : 1.Joubert 2.Takahashi 3.Kozuka

Custom Title
    Well Joubert did a combination that was worth 13.80 base points so all things equal, he would have been 4 points above Dai and Chan, but I kinda feel like his lower PCS were deserved. He doesn't really have transitions and I think when you have a silly program like he does it's hard to get a huge score. Plus I think he and Jeremy both got punished a bit in PCS for bombing so terribly at the Olympics, they have to earn their redemption.

Custom Title
    His lower pcs scores were deserved. Actually they could have been lower but he's in a good place. I say good luck with the long because his long isn't nearly as good as his short. I do hope he does well because his country has been kind of mean to him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    His lower pcs scores were deserved. Actually they could have been lower but he's in a good place. I say good luck with the long because his long isn't nearly as good as his short. I do hope he does well because his country has been kind of mean to him.
    I know how do you possibly be mean to someone so adorable? Glad he redeemed himself though, hoping he keeps it together in the LP!

My placements:
    1. Daisuke
    2. Brian
    3. Takahiko

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    He will attempt 4T again, maybe even two, but only have one 3A so his TES advantage is basically more or less as a skater who attempt 8 triples with 2 tirple 3A. So if Brian wants to hang on to the podium he needs to land all of his jumps. But 2 points back in Men event is nothing, considering they all do 8 jumps and difficult jumps like 3A.

Custom Title
    Any news on what happened with Oda? I imagine something had to be very, very wrong.

Custom Title
    The only thing that was strange about this competition so far is Oda's losing it and not skating in the long program.

Wanted to add that i do hope Joubert skate well but I do hope better skating and choreography make the podium.
    Last edited by lavender; 03-24-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I know how do you possibly be mean to someone so adorable? Glad he redeemed himself though, hoping he keeps it together in the LP!
    Yes, Joubert is very adorable in some ways, but he had a dirty mouth at the Olmypics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I think it's important theme.In my opinion Joubert must be first after the short.But officials think another http://worldskating.blogspot.com/201...t-program.html
    Yeah... not so much. LOL.

Custom Title
    i know braian had less transitions than daisuke and chan,

but how can quad jumpers have as much transitions as 3-3 jumpers do in their SP???

thats why judges are stupid.

Also, abott are underscored.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    i know braian had less transitions than daisuke and chan,

but how can quad jumpers have as much transitions as 3-3 jumpers do in their SP???

thats why judges are stupid.

Also, abott are underscored.
    If we could just dump the music and have each skater select 5 jumps and 1 combo to be judged individually we could stop harping on this almighty quad. Diving does that, and they have base values for each of the dives. Scale the jumps from 0-10 and forget about GoEs. Would you pay to see it? I would. It's total sport. Keep the music for the LP.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast