Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Angela and NNN Competing this weekend

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Bynx

2. Aanya Reiten, Lakewood Winter Club

5.1 4.7 4.7 4.8 4.7 5.0 5.1 5.0 5.1
    5.3 5.2 5.3 5.2 5.3 5.2 5.2 5.2 5.2

Aanya Reiten skated first, did 3t-3t, 2a, 3z, nice spirals. Placed 2nd & deservedly so.
    Boy, those marks seem pretty harsh for that technical content!

Custom Title
    Angela's tech marks weren't much better, and she won.

Custom Title
    I just hope Angela can hold it together in the FS. She tends to get tired and start doubling her jumps towards the end of her program. She did double a jump in the SP, so that is worrisome.

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Go Angela and Naomi! I am so proud of them both. *grins* :D

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Tiffany Stiegler and Bert Cording also placed first in the SP among the 5 pairs! They are on their way back to Nationals!! :D

Custom Title
    From MKF:
    AJ called from the arena twice. Is with iloveskating, mr.iloveskating, luenatic, and Dolphine. Tifffany and Bert won the Pairs. They have good, interesting lifts, and Tiff fell twice - once on a jump, once on a throw. The tiny arena is full! AJ will call after the ladies who are up next.
    AJ saw: Frank Carroll, Karen Kwan and Peter Ooooh, Studly Scott Williams in a green trench coat looking quite studly. I think his skater is a novice (?) male...not sure.
    Poor Joan Cristobal...did not do well in the SP. Not sure if she has a chance to go to Nats...especially with AN and NNN in the hunt.
    Stay tuned...

I am thrilled for both Angela and Naomi........it seems odd that they have to go through this skating pecking order, but oh well, whatever works.........can't wait to see them at Nationals.....42

Custom Title
    From MKF:
    Brief Ladies report: Angela seems to have won. The official results have not been posted yet.
    Angela had a 3Lutz/2toe then doubled a lot of her jumps. Gisele was lovely, but Angela did not nail it.
    NNN tried 3Lutz = fell. Tried 3Flip = fell. NNN still has a lot of energy and a nice program, but lost concentration (?) NNN probably in 2,3,4th...should go to Nationals. Apparently, none of the Ladies really excelled.
    I couldn't get anymore info...phone connection was bad.
    I'm sorry I don't have more info. I bet iloveskating will have a great report later!

Custom Title
    From MKF:
    I got a call from my friend who got a call from a coach who is there who said that the top 4 are Angela, Aanya, Felicia and Stephanie (tears of joy.) And that Naomi did not make it. But this is very unofficial.

No that is not the exact order of the finish, it is just the top four. It is unofficial because the coach read the results over the phone to my friend, who repeated them to me, so I haven't seen anything in writing yet.
    No, I believe that is the exact order of finish. I had a call from my friend, who told me those results. NNN was 5th, and I hear she was crying.
    Poor Naomi.
    She's been through so much.
    Last edited by Bynx; 11-16-2003 at 02:18 AM.

TriGirl Rinkside
    NNN 5th in free, 5th in final standings. Not what I wanted to see. Hopefully she'll make it to nationals next year.

http://www.usfsa.org/events_results/...adies-free.htm

Bynx, thanks for the posts.

I'm sorry that Naomi didn't make the cut. She could have been one of the greats if she hadn't been injured.

I think that Felicia Beck is one to watch. I hope she skates well at Nationals.

Mathman

Custom Title

NNN

I am disappointed that Naomi did not make it to Nationals. Oh well, at least she is healthy enough that she can try again next year. According to some reports Angela is not in top form either. She needs to go to nationals with all guns firing and not just a pretty costume.

I WANT TO GIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Angela also has at least another month and a half to work on her jumps and consistancy. The biggest hurdle for her right now was to place high enough to get back to Nats and she crossed that for sure. :D And now some hard work begins again and no matter what happens, I am SOOOOO excited I will get to see her at Nats in Atlanta!!! :D :D

CONGRATS ANGELA!!!!

Medalist

NNN

I am very sad that NNN didn't make it to Nationals, but I'm very worried since reports say Naomi is taking it very hard. I think she's very heart broken. I really want her to continue.
    I saw a post at MKF urging Naomi fans to sign her guestbook. I just did. Just take a moment.
    http://www.naominarinamonline.com/guestbook.html

In order to stand on the podium at Nats, Angela will need much higher scores than what she received at Sectionals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast