Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Congratulations to Mirai... And Mao, as she got more point than Yuna and that's what she wanted to do, I guess :)

Yuna Kim... Yes, she was kind of not good. She got the points she deserved, as a fan of Yuna, I have no objections at all. She doesn't have to prove anything. It looks like she did less training than she usually does and that's the reason behind it. But she deserved a good rest after what she did at the Olympics and those horrible 2 days after they ended.

So if some of you were saying that Mirai have no chances, then you got it :) Maybe she will become the World champion tomorrow.
She really skated incredibly good. I don't think that she is better than Yuna at her age, but she looks like she is the future, at least in USA. So, you guys, must be happy :)

It was a surprising competition and very interesting.

Last edited:

Jo1

Rinkside
Sp

I'm so mad at myself, I missed Mao!! Well, I won't miss the Long Program. She must've skated good though, she's in second. Go Mirai!!!! She's so adorable and a wonderful skater. Her spirals are to die for, and much better than Yuna's.

figurejennah

On the Ice
Well, given your last few posts I think it will be pointless to argue with you but I don't think anyone thinks Mirai has better footwork than Yuna.

Agreed. Wow, I can't believe that someone thinks Mirai has better footwork and speed than Yuna!!! I agree that Mirai's spins are beautiful, but spins are spins. To be honest, Zhang's spins are better than Mirai's and she's not considered as a top skater. Mirai cheats on her jumps and even Tara said so. I do love Mirai, but she's got a lot to work on.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm just waiting for all the Yu-na haters to get on this board...and just revel in her bad SP. :( UGHHH.
I did a little research and saw that she hasn't had such a low score since....her fifth place finish after the SP in 2008. But Yu-na can easily come back in the long. Those 10 points are not insurmountable.
I think we all should be glad that this happened after the Olympics!

Otherwise great job to Mao, Mirai, Laura and Kensia. I thought Rachael did a solid program, but was a bit bland and slow today. Carolina Kostner should not be in fourth. She gets fourth for a double loop and a bad one at that?! I would say she should actually barely beat Yu-na! If you look at it Yu-na did stroger jumps (3Z-3T; 3F<; 2A) vs (3F-2T; 2L; 2A). I would keep her in front of Yu-na because of the spiral and the layback mistakes, but no higher.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mirai looks just as beautiful as Yuna does.

I agree! Mirai kind of has swimmer's shoulders but she is a hottie too, and looks older than Mao, who looks abotu 12 IMO. Yuna is gorgeous though, no denying that. Also what happened to Miki? How did she only get 55 points? I didn't see her skate.

They're saying half the sailors on that ship are feared dead (over 50). I just hope the S. Korean media didn't speak to Yu Na about it right before she skated.

I still expect her to win, but I'd love to see Mao jump in and do the SOHL. As for Little Miss Adorable - well, she could steal the whole world's heart tomorrow. It should be amazing.

I'm very sad to see Miki and Akiko so low. I wish them both great comebacks tomorrow.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I agree! Mirai kind of has swimmer's shoulders but she is a hottie too, and looks older than Mao, who looks abotu 12 IMO. Yuna is gorgeous though, no denying that. Also what happened to Miki? How did she only get 55 points? I didn't see her skate.

Miki fell on her opening jump. The rest was like Olympics - a little slow and not most exciting program to watch.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzE7bh8Wa-Q I'd say that SP was pretty comparable. Also, did you see her SA LP this year? That had quite a few errors

Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to watch those. I'm rather upset. I've seen her mess up on jumps, but there must be something very wrong for her to miss out on her spirals and spins. I'm guessing we won't see a two-time champion... or maybe it's just me being pessimistic. If she could pull an Olympic Gershwin... but maybe I'm asking too much of Yu-na. She just won everything the sport has to offer. At the very pinnacle of your career, it must be hard to keep fighting.

I have to confess though, I'm hoping a loss here will encourage her to compete for another year so she can end her career on a high note. I know I shouldn't wish that, but I can't help myself.

janetfan

Match Penalty
They're saying half the sailors on that ship are feared dead (over 50). I just hope the S. Korean media didn't speak to Yu Na about it right before she skated.

I still expect her to win, but I'd love to see Mao jump in and do the SOHL. As for Little Miss Adorable - well, she could steal the whole world's heart tomorrow. It should be amazing.

I'm very sad to see Miki and Akiko so low. I wish them both great comebacks tomorrow.

Sorry to hear the bad news from Korea. If Yuna heard it I am sure it could have effected her.

Anyway - I hope Yuna skates a terrific LP tomorrow. Mao too. I am for Mirai but hope they all skate good LP's.

Nadia01

Final Flight

Miki botched her opening combo.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
What's up with Akiko's score BTW? It looks like they were expecting Yuna to nail her short and gave mirai 70+ but Yuna didn't and ended up in 6th and the judges felt so bad that everyone after Yuna was scored lower than they could've been.

ARipp42014

Medalist

You mean Little Miss Sparkle? Besides that, Mirai's other nicknames are Nosebleed, Mini Kristi, The Future, Carmencita, World Champion?

ranjake

Final Flight
I think Dick Button called Mirai "cupcake"! I love her and I'm worried for her-that's a lot of pressure.

Johhnnn--(sorry, spelling) Akiko had a really hard Bambi fall on the first jump. It threw off the rest of the program, it looked like she was actually crying as she finished. It looked like maybe she knocked the wind out of herself. I think it caused her physical pain.

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Nosebleed :laugh: What a cute nickname for such a cute lady.

That's after what happened at the SP in Vancouver. I blame Scott and Sandra on that!

Starting order is now up!

13 Elene
14 Miki
15 Yuna (just like the Olympics but an earlier flight :frown: )
16 Viki (the Swedish girl)
17 Cynthia
18 Granny

19 Caro
20 Mao
21 Reliable Rachael
22 Lovely Laura
23 Mirai
24 Johnny's Angel (and Russia's savior)

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yuna interview http://kr.news.yahoo.com/sports/golf/view?aid=2010032702084981801 In Korean so I'll translate the pertinent part:

I don't know what happened. I'm confused and shocked that I made mistakes on non-jumping elements (spin & spiral)... Jump mistakes do happen, so though I make a mistake on 3F, I wasn't shocked or shaken by it. When I went into layback spin, I put too much power (?) into it, and I couldn't hold onto it... I'm not sick or in bad condition... My left leg felt a little shaky, but I did a good warmup so I don't understand what happened / could've caused it.... I didn't think 3F got DG, but I thought my score could be the worst ever b/c the next element could've received 0... I only practiced for 1 week for the competition. I procrastinated for a long time. I thought I would be okay because I already had the basics (I think here, she meant how she already knew how to skate her routines really really well b/c she's done them so many times)... I was afraid of doing another competition after the Vancouver Games... I'll forget what happened on the ice today. There's another chance to skate tomorrow... I've made mistakes at other competitions. I think I can overcome today. (But the way she put it is a bit ambiguous; or maybe it's the reporter, but I don't think she means she will win, but that maybe she'll do better tomorrow to redeem herself)

mishieru07

On the Ice
I'm guessing we won't see a two-time champion... or maybe it's just me being pessimistic. If she could pull an Olympic Gershwin... but maybe I'm asking too much of Yu-na. She just won everything the sport has to offer. At the very pinnacle of your career, it must be hard to keep fighting.

I have to confess though, I'm hoping a loss here will encourage her to compete for another year so she can end her career on a high note. I know I shouldn't wish that, but I can't help myself.

I can still see Yu Na winning. Doing poorly in the SP might light a fire under her and she might just skate the heck out of her LP tomorrow. V/M had 2 major slips in their OD at SC and came back with a fabulous FD. It depends on how she takes it.

If she DOES lose ... well I imagine she'll be motivated to train harder than ever. Either that or just give up and retire, but I don't see that happening.

Nadia01

Final Flight
What's up with Akiko's score BTW? It looks like they were expecting Yuna to nail her short and gave mirai 70+ but Yuna didn't and ended up in 6th and the judges felt so bad that everyone after Yuna was scored lower than they could've been.

She botched 2 jumping passes, IIRC.