Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think you can under-rotate a jump without getting a UR call. Mirai most likely did UR her 3lz-3t and the 3t was only cheated by less than 1/4 turn and so she got credit for it. Julia also under-rotated her flip but judging from the score I think she got credit for it, as likely it was cheated by less than 1/4 turn. Also did Rachael get any downgrades or is Rachael with 3-2 really on a 61 point SP skater? That confused me.

Can't tell without looking at protocals...BUT 61 is actually pretty decent, all things considered. Before the Olympics, Rachael never hit the the 60 point mark. Oddly enough her score of 58.80 only got her a 5th place placement at Cup of China but a 2nd place finish at Skate America. She did the 3-3 at Skate America, but bot a -3 GOE (fell) and only a 3-2 at Cup of China.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Can't tell without looking at protocals...BUT 61 is actually pretty decent, all things considered. Before the Olympics, Rachael never hit the the 60 point mark. Oddly enough her score of 58.80 only got her a 5th place placement at Cup of China but a 2nd place finish at Skate America. She did the 3-3 at Skate America, but bot a -3 GOE (fell) and only a 3-2 at Cup of China.

from IceNetwork:

"Flatt performed well to the fast-paced "Sing, Sing, Sing," but looked a bit tentative, executing a triple Lutz-double toe instead of her usual triple-triple. She also lost ground with her layback spin gained just Level 1 from the technical panel."

miki88

Medalist
Ok my two cents, after reading everyone's.

Everything (in main media) and on this forum for the last while have been suggesting Yuna has this in the bag. And I didn't like that. No skater has anything in the bag. Not even in Dance, anymore. And I also thought it was worrying to read that Yuna was having a hard time getting back to training. And I thought it was even more odd to read that Brian gave Yuna a day off on a practice day in Italy. I've never heard of Yuna taking a day off in competition. That was really odd.

All that said, for the skating fans, this LP will be very very exciting. This is a sport and you have to put them down when they count. I am looking forward to watching everyone.

I would say though, for both Yuna and Mao, Mirai is the most formidable competitor to compete against. For Yuna, Mao of late was an easy competitor. Mao certainly has not been able to compete against Yuna for two years. But Mirai's skating skills, especially spiral and spins are deeply rooted in the best tradition of US Ladies skating, which has a long history akin to the Russian pairs skating - which came undone in Vancouver. The US has been missing that "lady competitor" (Flatt is not one of them) and they have been taken over by Japanese lady skaters and most recently by Yuna. But now they have one in Mirai. When she didn't have the jumps (especially triple lutz and triple toe which only she and Yuna does), Yuna and Mao could compete against her. But if Mirai has all the jumps in LP, she would be hard to beat with her spirals and spins, especially when she is in the first place after SP.

At this point, Best of Yuna could knock off Best of Mao tomorrow but I don't think the Best of Mao can beat Best of Mirai (bettering her SB). Best of Yuna would be hard to press to beat Best of Mirai tomorrow because Yuna is 10 points behind Mirai. Only way Yuna can beat Best of Mirai tomorrow is if Yuna blows the roof off. I don't think Yuna has enough gas in her tank to do that after the Olympics. But I tell you what. That would be fun to watch. But seeing Mirai, I can see her becoming a world Champion tomorrow.

PS: This is strange because I was thinking if Yuna retired, Mao would be denied OGM by Mirai. I didn't think this would play out a month after Vancouver.

It's a bit misleading to say that this is the "best of Mao" because we all know Mao has been struggling for a while. She's coming back to form but still not back to her best form and of course her packaging is not ideal. I do think Mirai has the potential to be a formidable opponent to both Yuna and Mao because I think she has the best aspects of both of their skating (Yuna's speed and Mao's flexibility/posture); however, that doesn't mean Mao has reached her peak yet.

Last edited:

ms9421

Spectator
I think Rachael got low marks for her layback. Other areas of her skating can't compare to Laura, Caro, and some of the other top Ladies. Without a 3x3 why should Rachael get a huge score in her SP?

And her score was pretty good today.

No that not true Judges just hate because she American Born White they hate us friend mind knows the German Judge told so.

ms9421

Spectator
from IceNetwork:

"Flatt performed well to the fast-paced "Sing, Sing, Sing," but looked a bit tentative, executing a triple Lutz-double toe instead of her usual triple-triple. She also lost ground with her layback spin gained just Level 1 from the technical panel."

she doesn't care anymore she told she going to just have fun, and I talk one club mates older sister of club mate who I went to school in South FL I not aloud say who, but way she told me from her sister the way Rachael wanting going Stanford she will probley decide to retire after this year. From what I seen she really been just going school alot . She not been full tilt So that probly why she so far back. But when I tweeted Racheal having fun really work at School towards Graduations that is her main goal now. I also wanted add this she class act more then any person on these boards, she had fun not matter what JUdges dumb fans think of her. To see some want reach goals that so hard to get done l makes as American very proud her.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
from IceNetwork:

Well it validates my point that score is actualy decent. I agree she was tenative and was off. So the fact she got 61 for that means that she got more points in some areas.

seniorita

Record Breaker
So Mao had Ur Axel? pitty...It was on the other corner of the rink to tell, in any case I have concluded that a jump I cant see Ur with naked eye, I dont like when I m informed it was downgraded :x

Anyway i didnt find my book(there is no lost & found place in palavela, i asked in all the possible languages they could understand me!) but there is a lottery inside the arena of some skating products company and I won a little orange notebook to keep noting!:p (old smilies came back?)
So Sarah Meier, that was a sentimental skater for me since stephan isnt here, I always liked her, when she fell people gasped, and she took time to get up, i lost her from my eyes! Her dress is so beautiful and her skate for me is graceful and personal, too bad she didnt qualify!:cry: Korean girl (sorry about names) that has Orser as a coach also, she is fast, fantastic bielman, is she the national champion?Looks still juniorish but I liked her.

I noted for Synthia P. that she has great body, strong feet and nice arms but her dress was a bit...ice dancy, too little left to imagintion(actually i described it differently but cannot write it, lol). I wouldnt believe the sp would have turned that way, so she had a skate good at the end of the competition. I also liked Glebova, even her lemontree dress i liked. Katz and Tugba had nice spirals, Tugba had quite lot of fans in the arena and she is fast. And some oriental music in the middle of the day was uplifting after all piano concertos! She was sad at the end though..Tugba before she competed congradulated very warmly the swedish girl, nice move.

I skipped the next group cause they told me the sun is out in Torino :cool: and I missed the wife of KVDP!!And the spanish girl! Makarova (i saw Mr Petrenko from too close:bow:), I liked her very much, she is tall and spectacular, her dress was very nice, she has nice spins, very strong legs, nice high jumps, she got a huge cheer, I think she will surpass Leonova in popularity soon!

Then there was a canadian girl i dont remember her, only her pink dress, anyway Carolina went out and all the crowd went nuts, there was a school sitting next to us with italian flags that were so loud we went deaf, we all shouted Carolina - Carolina at the end (i m not even a fan but if I shouted Mao - Mao they would have kicked me off the balcony, primary school children are pretty dangerous). Carolina I liked her dress, it was like strawberry vanilla ice cream, she seemed to get nervous from all the people cheering, i think she is by far the most popular among italian team. She is fast, but the rest skate makes me nervous. I ve seen most euro ladies quite few times now, so all I noted for Korpi is that her dress had the same color as the tv crew vests.

Miki's dress is so bad that in warm up I was distracted, I ve seen all her collection live this year(almost all) as well as all Mao's sp dresses. From all ther changes I wish MAo had changed her chocking Lp dress, and not have a whole winter collection for the sp. She was popping the jumps in warm up by the way. And I was thinking how hard was for her to skate after all the cheering for Kostner but then I saw she was wearing ipod and listening to music until she took the ice! For her program i havent much to say, I like Mao, she is light, she is fast (not the fastest but she is) , i like her spins, spirals, her finesse, her stretched legs, I just like watching her skate. The japanese fans want her to marry Kozuka! I want to be the bridesmaid! Many many fans in the audience with japanese flags, when marks were out they didnt like them, neither did I. In any case this was her first axel I saw live of her without falling and I jumped from joy! She rotates it fast! I dont know about Ur, she was far from where i was, i think it is just the camera angle as once upon a time someone else said:biggrin: (joke)

I used to be Miki's fan until i saw her live in rostel cup and lost my spark, she is slow, and a little clumpsy, Morozov was singing in her step sequence, i dont know how is this possible but he did!!!! Lepisto has so beautiful arms, strong skate, very very graceful, I hope she medals tommorow!

Last group, Yuna is Queen Yuna. She reminds me of Plushenko, only she is much prettier. All girls out, but all eyes on her. She was fast in warm up, super power energy crossovers, she has the it factor.
Mirai is lovely, fresh, elegant, her program was great, her skate is joyful, the best spins -spirals I think, lovely dress, what an ina bauer, audience liked her a lot, big cheers!! My favorite performance along with Mao's. When Yuna took the ice, Caroll stopped before going backstage and promt Mirai to watch Yuna's program and while she was skating he was showing her and talking to her. They left when yuna ended. About Yuna what to say, people got so frozen that they forgot to clap a lot at the end. It looked like she had a shoe problem, I dont know what happened. Her SL was not as vivid and she looked upset. But her jumps are so spectacular, she covers ice and has height that many men would dream of. When she was beginning her spiral I told my friends that this is my least favorite element of hers, i hope i didnt jinxed her. Marks were a shock, no reaction from audience.

I read about yuna's weight here, I dont know how she was in Vancouver but she looked pretty thin to me, among the thinnest ladies with small volume but i dont blame her for wanting to eat, she is in Italy, the food, the foooooood is heaven and the ice creams, i think I will manage to taste all flavors by Monday.

Akiko , that was so sad, she is such a joy to watch and she had a breakdown, people encouraged her. I think they were still pretty frozen from yuna score though. Flatt, ok, her dress is so wrong in so many ways I could write a whole page, I really really dont like her jumps, this kick she has is too annoying and painful and she is slow. But good energy and her program plays her personality, audience was so and so though. Julia S., I have a soft spot because she is being around forever, I liked her although she has some issues with posture, but her ending reaction was priceless and I cheered for her. A big BOO for her marks, I booed also of course!

Leonova is cheesy, program is too russian, nice new haircut, I noted she should go to tailor with Flatt, wrong dress also. The talk of the bus was of course Yuna's skate and I met and two elder ladies from NY in the bus who were coming to see Plushy and had been to Wolrds 2001!!! I was also trying to find a free ladies ticket but everything was sold out and then a giirl from GS told me she will give me her pass for free , so wooohoo i ll go in Lp also!

Ren

On the Ice
So Mao had Ur Axel? pitty...It was on the other corner of the rink to tell, in any case I have concluded that a jump I cant see Ur with naked eye, I dont like when I m informed it was downgraded :x

Anyway i didnt find my book(there is no lost & found place in palavela, i asked in all the possible languages they could understand me!) but there is a lottery inside the arena of some skating products company and I won a little orange notebook to keep noting!:p (old smilies came back?)
So Sarah Meier, that was a sentimental skater for me since stephan isnt here, I always liked her, when she fell people gasped, and she took time to get up, i lost her from my eyes! Her dress is so beautiful and her skate for me is graceful and personal, too bad she didnt qualify!:cry: Korean girl (sorry about names) that has Orser as a coach also, she is fast, fantastic bielman, is she the national champion?Looks still juniorish but I liked her.

I noted for Synthia P. that she has great body, strong feet and nice arms but her dress was a bit...ice dancy, too little left to imagintion(actually i described it differently but cannot write it, lol). I wouldnt believe the sp would have turned that way, so she had a skate good at the end of the competition. I also liked Glebova, even her lemontree dress i liked. Katz and Tugba had nice spirals, Tugba had quite lot of fans in the arena and she is fast. And some oriental music in the middle of the day was uplifting after all piano concertos! She was sad at the end though..Tugba before she competed congradulated very warmly the swedish girl, nice move.

I skipped the next group cause they told me the sun is out in Torino :cool: and I missed the wife of KVDP!!And the spanish girl! Makarova (i saw Mr Petrenko from too close:bow:), I liked her very much, she is tall and spectacular, her dress was very nice, she has nice spins, very strong legs, nice high jumps, she got a huge cheer, I think she will surpass Leonova in popularity soon!

Then there was a canadian girl i dont remember her, only her pink dress, anyway Carolina went out and all the crowd went nuts, there was a school sitting next to us with italian flags that were so loud we went deaf, we all shouted Carolina - Carolina at the end (i m not even a fan but if I shouted Mao - Mao they would have kicked me off the balcony, primary school children are pretty dangerous). Carolina I liked her dress, it was like strawberry vanilla ice cream, she seemed to get nervous from all the people cheering, i think she is by far the most popular among italian team. She is fast, but the rest skate makes me nervous. I ve seen most euro ladies quite few times now, so all I noted for Korpi is that her dress had the same color as the tv crew vests.

Miki's dress is so bad that in warm up I was distracted, I ve seen all her collection live this year(almost all) as well as all Mao's sp dresses. From all ther changes I wish MAo had changed her chocking Lp dress, and not have a whole winter collection for the sp. She was popping the jumps in warm up by the way. And I was thinking how hard was for her to skate after all the cheering for Kostner but then I saw she was wearing ipod and listening to music until she took the ice! For her program i havent much to say, I like Mao, she is light, she is fast (not the fastest but she is) , i like her spins, spirals, her finesse, her stretched legs, I just like watching her skate. The japanese fans want her to marry Kozuka! I want to be the bridesmaid! Many many fans in the audience with japanese flags, when marks were out they didnt like them, neither did I. In any case this was her first axel I saw live of her without falling and I jumped from joy! She rotates it fast! I dont know about Ur, she was far from where i was, i think it is just the camera angle as once upon a time someone else said:biggrin: (joke)

I used to be Miki's fan until i saw her live in rostel cup and lost my spark, she is slow, and a little clumpsy, Morozov was singing in her step sequence, i dont know how is this possible but he did!!!! Lepisto has so beautiful arms, strong skate, very very graceful, I hope she medals tommorow!

Last group, Yuna is Queen Yuna. She reminds me of Plushenko, only she is much prettier. All girls out, but all eyes on her. She was fast in warm up, super power energy crossovers, she has the it factor.
Mirai is lovely, fresh, elegant, her program was great, her skate is joyful, the best spins -spirals I think, lovely dress, what an ina bauer, audience liked her a lot, big cheers!! My favorite performance along with Mao's. When Yuna took the ice, Caroll stopped before going backstage and promt Mirai to watch Yuna's program and while she was skating he was showing her and talking to her. They left when yuna ended. About Yuna what to say, people got so frozen that they forgot to clap a lot at the end. It looked like she had a shoe problem, I dont know what happened. Her SL was not as vivid and she looked upset. But her jumps are so spectacular, she covers ice and has height that many men would dream of. When she was beginning her spiral I told my friends that this is my least favorite element of hers, i hope i didnt jinxed her. Marks were a shock, no reaction from audience.

I read about yuna's weight here, I dont know how she was in Vancouver but she looked pretty thin to me, among the thinnest ladies with small volume but i dont blame her for wanting to eat, she is in Italy, the food, the foooooood is heaven and the ice creams, i think I will manage to taste all flavors by Monday.

Akiko , that was so sad, she is such a joy to watch and she had a breakdown, people encouraged her. I think they were still pretty frozen from yuna score though. Flatt, ok, her dress is so wrong in so many ways I could write a whole page, I really really dont like her jumps, this kick she has is too annoying and painful and she is slow. But good energy and her program plays her personality, audience was so and so though. Julia S., I have a soft spot because she is being around forever, I liked her although she has some issues with posture, but her ending reaction was priceless and I cheered for her. A big BOO for her marks, I booed also of course!

Leonova is cheesy, program is too russian, nice new haircut, I noted she should go to tailor with Flatt, wrong dress also. The talk of the bus was of course Yuna's skate and I met and two elder ladies from NY in the bus who were coming to see Plushy and had been to Wolrds 2001!!! I was also trying to find a free ladies ticket but everything was sold out and then a giirl from GS told me she will give me her pass for free , so wooohoo i ll go in Lp also!

Thanks for your report, seniorita! I hope you enjoy the LP. How many hours from now do the last 2 flights skate?

Good luck to all the ladies!

^ Thanks for the great first-hand report! :clap:

(Yes, the smilies are back. Little by little we are getting a handle on the latest software upgrade. :) )

mel66

Rinkside
I know Yuna simply bombed at her sp but I think she deserved more than 60.30. I mean...all of Carolina's jumps were so shaky and even she scored better than Yuna. Oh well.. if it is not the problem with the boots/health, I'm sure Yuna can easily make up 10 points (she will be in the podium for sure it is the matter of color).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know Yuna simply bombed at her sp but I think she deserved more than 60.30. I mean...all of Carolina's jumps were so shaky and even she scored better than Yuna. Oh well.. if it is not the problem with the boots/health, I'm sure Yuna can easily make up 10 points (she will be in the podium for sure it is the matter of color).

Actualy while I don't think Carolina deserved 4th, I think it would have been fine if Carolina was 6th over Yuna. I think Yuna made too many mistakes (downgraded 3F, level 1 spiral and zero points on the spin). the 60.30 is actually pretty good when you consider that 12 of her 30.08 TES score of those points likely came from her 3-3 alone. :) Besides the difference is only 2 points. I think Yuna will easily beat Carolina in the LP.

Seniorita, I love your vivid reports and am thrilled (for both selfish and unselfish reasons!) that you'll get to tell us about the LP. I hope you enjoy every moment of it. You have the gift of drawing me right into the action, and your descriptions make me root for everyone, not just my favorites. I'm sure I'm not alone in this reaction. I was especially pleased to hear about how well Mao and Mirai did. Like you (and the whole arena), I'm shocked at YuNa's meltdown. But she does have the OGM, after all, so if she doesn't make the top of the podium here (or even the podium!), it won't mean anything bad for her career or her reputation. And those of us who love her will still love her!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Re-watched Ms. Kim's SP and she's definitely gained some weight. Most of it went to her breasts and face (?).

Not a surprise at all. She definitely deserves to eat what she wants. Amazing though your breasts grow at 20! :confused::biggrin:

Breasts are mostly made of fat, so when very skinny girls (like some of our favorite figure skaters :) ) start to gain weight, their breasts grow too LOL.

dlgpffps

Final Flight

:laugh: Yes, I thought Yu-na was rather on the pretty side, you know. Thank you for the report :) I wish I had been there with you... or maybe not. So many ladies bombed tonight. Sarah Meier's fall was a shocker. Her fall was so huge that I actually thought she was crying out of pain more than sadness. Also, Yu-na and Akiko are two of my favorite skaters. I couldn't stand watching them struggle, one after the other. I don't see how my little ticker would take it.

ks777

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Mirai!! but her score seems to be too low with a 3-3. I am suspecting a downgrade on 3-3.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Mirai!! but her score seems to be too low with a 3-3. I am suspecting a downgrade on 3-3.

Too low with a 3-3? She got a whopping 70 points, judging that she got a 63 at the Olympics with a 3-2, I am almost sure that 3-3 was ratified. Her score was deserved though. It could have been higher but where she is so young with little senior international experience I wasn't that surprised. If I had to guess she got credit for the 3-3 but probably got an ! call for her flutz.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
Too low with a 3-3? She got a whopping 70 points, judging that she got a 63 at the Olympics with a 3-2, I am almost sure that 3-3 was ratified. Her score was deserved though. It could have been higher but where she is so young with little senior international experience I wasn't that surprised. If I had to guess she got credit for the 3-3 but probably got an ! call for her flutz.

Because her PCS weren't as high as worlds at the Olympics. She got 26.76 in PCS at the Olympics and she got over 30 here at worlds. Plus she got an edge call at the Olympics. So I am not too surprised that Mirai got over 70.

Moxie

On the Ice

I'm not sure she got it ratified. Her TES in Vancouver was 37 and 40 today. She also got the edge call in Vancouver.

Er... what ks777 said.