Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
lol don't go too far ahead lol When Yuna was at her age her jumps were soooo much better and her 3-3 was even better than now. If she can fix her flutz, UR, harsh landing (look at the ice), and shaky edge in a year than that would be great. Oh, and also skating skills and artistic expression.

YUP!! But Yuna's spin was not and is not even close to Mirai's. Mirai's spiral is much superior to Yuna's. Yuna is not and was not goot at footwork either. Yuna is pretty slow and she has proiblem with shifting her weights smoothly. Mirai is has such a great technique with footwork sequence, too. I have been telling you over and over, Yuna is not total package skater. She only has great 3-3. and That is all.She just was lucky that she got all the media hypes about her 3-3. You can see it from Mirai's skating. Mirai is still young, but imagine when she matures, she definitely has a potential to become the best skater ever with great spins, spirals plus 3-3. Just try to compare Yuna's spins, spirals, footworks side by side with Mirai's!! Also putting a little facial expression and a body move, when Yuna is not moving during her program does not mean that she has an artistic expre4ssion. I do not see anything artistic in the overall program. i see a little here and there and the end that is all. Jeremy and Daisuke is real artistic skater. From the beginning to the end of program, they use their head postion , arm position even shoulder to express the music. Not Yuna at all. I think Mirai does have a great potential to be able to express throught the program.

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
I guess the media will eat Yuna alive with that performance. How I wish she didn't go and just celebrate her Olympic win.

Sk8ingQueen

Spectator
Could I just ask exactly why Yu Na Kim always succeeds in making excuses for her mistakes? It's kind of pathetic.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
YUP!! But Yuna's spin was not and is not even close to Mirai's. Mirai's spiral is much superior to Yuna's. Yuna is not and was not goot at footwork either. Yuna is pretty slow and she has proiblem with shifting her weights smoothly. Mirai is has such a great technique with footwork sequence, too. I have been telling you over and over, Yuna is not total package skater. She only has great 3-3. and That is all.She just was lucky that she got all the media hypes about her 3-3. You can see it from Mirai's skating. Mirai is still young, but imagine when she matures, she definitely has a potential to become the best skater ever with great spins, spirals plus 3-3. Just try to compare Yuna's spins, spirals, footworks side by side with Mirai's!!

Well, given your last few posts I think it will be pointless to argue with you but I don't think anyone thinks Mirai has better footwork than Yuna.

some quick notes I took:

Cynthia - Best I've seen in years.
Kwak - a bit too dainty for me but a star in the making.
Glebova - looking very competitive
Hecken - Excellent and to that foreboding music of Prokoviev's R&J
Helgesen - Neat skater with good technique
Markarova - Very nicely done, and a surprise for me.
Mao - Best I've seen her this season. she made that repetitive waltz bearable.
Lapisto - With such fluidity she belongs in a ballet company
Mirai - she confirmed that Vancouver was not a fluke. Go girl!
Yuna - So lethargic to day. Hopes she snaps out of it for the LP
Rachael - good show and sooooo underscored
Leonova - Other than the mishap, she was very musical.

IMO, all these skaters are vulnerable (except Mirai) and present places can easily be changed.

I have spoken.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Maybe Mirai isn't up to where a 16 year old Yuna was on jumps, but I would venture to say everything else is there or better.

Forget 16 year old Yuna - Mirai has better spins and spirals than Yuna has right now. But Yuna is the better skater, she is just great.

But Mirai is closing the gap fast. I suspect Mao or Mirai may win this - whoever is cleaner. For the first time I see Mira's pcs are higher to go with her already high TES.

figuristka

Medalist
Yuna can still win the freeskate, but perhaps still finnish second. Think mao might pull it out, Mirai i would imagine medallng though most likely bronze but will be interesting. Laura looked very happy in her interview.

miki88

Medalist
So the Mao vs Yuna now become Yuna vs Mirai? :sheesh: Let's just be happy for Mirai for doing a great job today. Btw, I think Mirai looks adorable.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Could I just ask exactly why Yu Na Kim always succeeds in making excuses for her mistakes? It's kind of pathetic.

Yuna said it was her falult and she'll fight for the lp. Brian said it was not boots or anything else, she just lost focus. If answering questions = making excuses for you, then I can't say more. It's not like Yuna called a press conference and made excuses for her mistakes.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yuna can still win the freeskate, but perhaps still finnish second. Think mao might pull it out, Mirai i would imagine medallng though most likely bronze but will be interesting. Laura looked very happy in her interview.

Laura and Mirai were my two favorites. Too bad Laura messed up her 2A - otherwise I thought her skating was just so beautiful.

ARipp42014

Medalist
some quick notes I took:

Cynthia - Best I've seen in years.
Kwak - a bit too dainty for me but a star in the making.
Glebova - looking very competitive
Hecken - Excellent and to that foreboding music of Prokoviev's R&J
Helgesen - Neat skater with good technique
Markarova - Very nicely done, and a surprise for me.
Mao - Best I've seen her this season. she made that repetitive waltz bearable.
Lapisto - With such fluidity she belongs in a ballet company
Mirai - she confirmed that Vancouver was not a fluke. Go girl!
Yuna - So lethargic to day. Hopes she snaps out of it for the LP
Rachael - good show and sooooo underscored
Leonova - Other than the mishap, she was very musical.

IMO, all these skaters are vulnerable (except Mirai) and present places can easily be changed.

I have spoken.

Halleluah!

Sk8ingQueen

Spectator
Oh. I wasn't aware of that at all. Thanks, Johnnnn. I just thought that if she was making lace excuses, it would be weird. Just wondering. No antagonism.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
YES! My dream podium of Mao, Mirai, and Laura might come true! (Not very likely though)

Well, my dream podium was Mao, Mirai and Rachael, in any order.I should be happy at least two of them are up there. I just want US to get 3 spots because I know they have great young skaters coming up plus Mirai and Rachael.