Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Not usually in the SP though, so this is shocking. Her mistakes normally happen in the LP with the exception of the Olympics and the 2007 Cup of Russia.

This is true. But in 2008 at Worlds she fell and got like level 1 for a couple spins or for the spiral sequence and was in 5th with a score of 59 and then came back to win the LP and the bronze medal. But hey, if she doesn't win this maybe she'll stick around a little longer?

Johnnnn

On the Ice
I think Yu-Na needs a vacation. I'm sure it's been quite the whirlwind after winning the OGM. I wouldn't have thought ill of her if she didn't want to compete. I hope she bounces back in the long. Even though she's out of the final flight, she's just so good that if she skates her best, she will get rewarded. The long is going to be very interesting. I hope Mirai can hold it together for a medal. I think Mao is going to win this.

If Mao get DG on 3A again and Yuna skates clean I think 8pt difference btw them can be easily turned over. Even if Yuna makes 1 mistake or something like the last year at the worlds, I think she still has chance to win.

Sazzy

Rinkside
Summary of Yuna's SP - I never thought I had to write this up, since for her it's usually like ... amazing SP 'as usual'. Today's one was somewhat more interesting! :think:

3Lz-3T - spectacular as usaul

3F - slightly short on rotation, it appears? but definitely double footed on coming down :cry:

Layback spin - missed entry, think most likely due to the shock on coming down from the F just before - never seen this before :eek:

SpSq - missed the 2nd position completely, came down for re-positioning - never seen this before either! :eek:

2A - completely fine, good flow coming out as well.

FSSp - eeerrm, was ok?

SlSt - eeeerm, something really dodgy? I had no idea what was going on at this point ...

CCoSp - good.

Overall - I was thinking, is everything ok with yuna? :confused:

Last edited:

Tesla

Final Flight
I knew there would be no way the judges would not keep both American ladies in the final group! Need to sell this in the US! Rachael should have been behind Yuna and Cynthia based on that skate! But skating in the last group gave her a pcs bonus.

What? Yu-Na missed a spin, had a flip DG'd, and a level 1 spiral. She smoked Rachael on the PCS. Rachael got her on the TES and is only .5 ahead of Yu-Na. I think the scores are correct.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm going to cut Yu-Na some slack. It's been a long year and a whirlwind. I hope she comes back and kicks butt in the long.

Me too. I think most people want her to rock the LP. We are just shocked at the types of mistakes that happened.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Compared to Yuna, too. Mirai has much better spins and spirals. Her jumps are great, too. She is a total package!!

I wouldn't say she's a great jumper tho. Landings are not so smooth and her edges is kinda wobbly going into jumps

It's hard to understand why Yu Na bothered to come to worlds. She needed a major vacay as Johnny Gaga could have told her.

Great chance for our little sparkler (Mirai) and also for Mao to triumph if she can grab it.

Tesla

Final Flight
I'm stunned Mirai is going to be first after the short. I really hope she can hold it together. I hope she realizes that she has nothing to lose, and it's ok if she doesn't win (or even medal). Just enjoy the experience!

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Mirai has great technique going into jumps, I think it is her exits that can be iffy. Today they looked fine though.

sk8mvn

Rinkside
I'm stunned Mirai is going to be first after the short. I really hope she can hold it together. I hope she realizes that she has nothing to lose, and it's ok if she doesn't win (or even medal). Just enjoy the experience!

I think the "new" Mirai will handle first place just fine! Can't wait to see her long.

Tesla

Final Flight
Memo to ISU: please put the Worlds before the Olympics starting with Sochi!

Why? Because the women aren't doing well? Isn't this par for the course at Worlds? This is just ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with having Worlds after Olympics. All the other disciplines have been fine. Like I said earlier, the women just need to suck it up and deal.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow who would've thought Ksenia makes the final flight, Mirai in the lead, Yuna out of the final flight, Cynthia right behind Yuna, and Miki and Akiko might cost Japan 3 spots!

This might come down to Yuna coming back, Mirai, and Laura skating like it's the Olympics again, and Mao skates like it's 4CC!

mishieru07

On the Ice
HOLY COW the tech controllers today are very strict on DGs and levels! I'm curious about the protocols.

What's up with the ladies? Aside from a handful, they all seem so off!

I just saw on Drudge that a South Korean navy ship is sinking at this very moment, with loss of life - they fear it was caused by attack by N. Korea! Any chance Yu Na heard about it and was rattled?