Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

ARipp42014

Medalist
55.26 for Elene

Cynthia will finish no lower than 10th at this point, pending on Alena, Akiko, and Granny! I'm sure Yuna, Rachael, and Mirai will do okay!

OT: ARGH how many updates Evan is gonna post on my Facebook about his homecoming?!

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
I hate Miki's programs this season.............. I don't know what da heck her coach was thinking when he chose this type of music...... what a waste...

Love Miki but hate her programs this season. I wish she could get someone else to do her programs because N/M does nothing to enhance or advance Miki.

Nadia01

Final Flight
The US skaters have a real chance at a medal here. (My money's on Mirai unless she gets DG'd. Tech panel = strict here)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Mao in first is fair - but I like Laura's program and the way she skated it better today.
Last group should be fun!

ARipp42014

Medalist
11th: six skaters left and she's fifth right now.

Well we'll see! Granny does have a bomb factor. Ditto on Alena.

Back at the loft with Cheesy Peter, Johnny Gaga, and Princess Tara

Thank you Johnny! You must be reading GS during your off time! TAT giving Mao too heavy music! And there he goes, putting his Peggy hat on, gushing over Ksenia again!

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Only if someone in the final group slips up! The only one I see doing that is Julia. Mirai will get a bonus if she skates clean for doing so well at the Olympics! She has now established herself. Not sure they will put her above Laura though. Rachael will depend on downgrades. Akiko can not afford a miss. She can make the top 6 but only if she goes completely clean. She still does not have the rep of the others - nor the style. Alena will get the bonus for being the RUS fav! Look what happened in the pairs.

figuristka

Medalist
not that i would like anyone to bomb but pleased if Cynthia moves higher so she has a chance of top 10 at this competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh my, so I've been gone for awhile!

Min-Jung makes the LP yay! I feel bad for her, but sometimes you just fall, and it sucks when it's in the SP but a lot of people have been falling today, it just happens. I'm proud of her because in her first season of eligibility and no international reputation she makes the LP despite a mistake, also smart girl for adding the 2t to the 3sal. She likely won't make top 12 at this point but I tend to think she can pull up a few slots if she skates like she has been recently.

Mao's 3a was UR? And Miki fell? Did Caro land her jumps? I can't tell from the SP. Oh and Ksenia was awesome :agree:!

Sackie

Medalist
The problem with Cynthia though is that she may place 10th in the short but she will have a few strong skaters behind her who will want to prove themselves in the long - Miki and Kiira for 2!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The problem with Cynthia though is that she may place 10th in the short but she will have a few strong skaters behind her who will want to prove themselves in the long - Miki and Kiira for 2!

Kiira isn't necessarily stronger than Cynthia, they are pretty comparable.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Oh my, so I've been gone for awhile!

Min-Jung makes the LP yay! I feel bad for her, but sometimes you just fall, and it sucks when it's in the SP but a lot of people have been falling today, it just happens. I'm proud of her because in her first season of eligibility and no international reputation she makes the LP despite a mistake, also smart girl for adding the 2t to the 3sal. She likely won't make top 12 at this point but I tend to think she can pull up a few slots if she skates like she has been recently.

Mao's 3a was UR? And Miki fell? Did Caro land her jumps? I can't tell from the SP. Oh and Ksenia was awesome :agree:!

You missed the whole Mao-Taka debate again! Someone said Taka should be with Akiko instead!

Tara & Johnny: the new Uncle Dickie and Peggy, but less bias, less nitpicking, and more insighful!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Kiira almost always skates other program well and another not. So this time she will have better LP.
Maybe Laura lost his focus on 2A, hope she did not start to think medaling too much.