Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short - Start Order

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Mirai also has superior spins, spirals and tremendous speed compared to Makarova.
    Compared to Yuna, too. Mirai has much better spins and spirals. Her jumps are great, too. She is a total package!!

Custom Title
    I think Yuna is pressured to do the world, but metally and physically is not ready after the oly and the long break, too bad she can't finish on a high note, maybe she will come back next season?

Sebestyen scored 56.10

Custom Title
    Sebestyn- nice combo-wonky( a bit) 2nd jump- her music sounds like it's malfunctioning; could just be my tv. 56.10-10th place.

56.10 for Granny!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Not usually in the SP though, so this is shocking. Her mistakes normally happen in the LP with the exception of the Olympics and the 2007 Cup of Russia.
    This is true. But in 2008 at Worlds she fell and got like level 1 for a couple spins or for the spiral sequence and was in 5th with a score of 59 and then came back to win the LP and the bronze medal. But hey, if she doesn't win this maybe she'll stick around a little longer?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I think Yu-Na needs a vacation. I'm sure it's been quite the whirlwind after winning the OGM. I wouldn't have thought ill of her if she didn't want to compete. I hope she bounces back in the long. Even though she's out of the final flight, she's just so good that if she skates her best, she will get rewarded. The long is going to be very interesting. I hope Mirai can hold it together for a medal. I think Mao is going to win this.
    If Mao get DG on 3A again and Yuna skates clean I think 8pt difference btw them can be easily turned over. Even if Yuna makes 1 mistake or something like the last year at the worlds, I think she still has chance to win.

Rinkside
    Summary of Yuna's SP - I never thought I had to write this up, since for her it's usually like ... amazing SP 'as usual'. Today's one was somewhat more interesting!

3Lz-3T - spectacular as usaul

3F - slightly short on rotation, it appears? but definitely double footed on coming down

Layback spin - missed entry, think most likely due to the shock on coming down from the F just before - never seen this before

SpSq - missed the 2nd position completely, came down for re-positioning - never seen this before either!

2A - completely fine, good flow coming out as well.

FSSp - eeerrm, was ok?

SlSt - eeeerm, something really dodgy? I had no idea what was going on at this point ...

CCoSp - good.

Overall - I was thinking, is everything ok with yuna?
    Last edited by Sazzy; 03-26-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
    I knew there would be no way the judges would not keep both American ladies in the final group! Need to sell this in the US! Rachael should have been behind Yuna and Cynthia based on that skate! But skating in the last group gave her a pcs bonus.
    What? Yu-Na missed a spin, had a flip DG'd, and a level 1 spiral. She smoked Rachael on the PCS. Rachael got her on the TES and is only .5 ahead of Yu-Na. I think the scores are correct.

Leonova down

Mashimaro on Ice
    I must say I am very surprised at the results! Wow Mirai, your future starts now!

Splat for Leonova!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I'm going to cut Yu-Na some slack. It's been a long year and a whirlwind. I hope she comes back and kicks butt in the long.
    Me too. I think most people want her to rock the LP. We are just shocked at the types of mistakes that happened.

Custom Title
    Two stepout for Leonova! Everyone bombs or struggle, except Marai and Mao! =(
    This is dissapointing!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    Compared to Yuna, too. Mirai has much better spins and spirals. Her jumps are great, too. She is a total package!!
    I wouldn't say she's a great jumper tho. Landings are not so smooth and her edges is kinda wobbly going into jumps

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast