Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

usethis

Rinkside
Re-watched Ms. Kim's SP and she's definitely gained some weight. Most of it went to her breasts and face (?).

Not a surprise at all. She definitely deserves to eat what she wants. Amazing though your breasts grow at 20! :confused::biggrin:

wallylutz

Medalist
Hey wallylutz, unfortunately my prediction is partly coming true. It had to have been hard for Yuna to maintain focus after the Olympic plus the travel back and forth from Canada to Korea. I think she caught a cold while flying which probably knocked her out of training for at least a week in additiion to lack of motivation. I don't think she'll have a clean long program tomorrow either. I don't know if you can shake off that haze of Olympic victory overnight. I wonder what she'll do after the worlds.

Well, Adam Rippon went from 7th to 1st in 4CC, nothing says to me Yu-Na isn't capable of that, she is still the world record holder as far as points are concerned. She could easily beat Nagasu by 25+ points in the LP alone, which would make the 10 points difference in the SP look like nothing.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I think Yuna is the best in the world and is the one to beat. But if Mao can skate clean and Yuna isn't overscored, (which I think she was at the Olympics, but don't get me wrong she deserved her win totally!), Mao can win. I don't think Mirai will place in the top two but she has a great chance at bronze.l

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Re-watched Ms. Kim's SP and she's definitely gained some weight. Most of it went to her breasts and face (?).

Not a surprise at all. She definitely deserves to eat what she wants. Amazing though your breasts grow at 20! :confused::biggrin:

She still looked pretty skinny to me, I couldn't really tell any difference. Min-Jung looks a little healthier though (thank goodness), she also appears to have worked on her speed, and her salchow seemed improved. I take it she is a huge perfectionist though, she was bawling after her SP where she fell once, poor thing. It's ok MJ you made the FS and can do better tomorrow! I also liked Glebova's performance, I thought the score was a bit low, she did single the axel but also did 3-3, and for the record I think she's maybe even prettier than Kiira Korpi!

sillylionlove

Medalist
I watched the short on universal sports while I was eating lunch today. I think Tara Lipinski is the commentator. Anyway, she said that Yu Na said that it was very hard to find the motivation to skate at worlds since she achieved everything that she wanted to. I have it on DVR and can go back and check it tonight and post what Tara said word for word. Anyway, I guess if you have won nearly every competition, are a world and Olympic Champion, what more is there? I could definitly tell that she was unmotivated and when I watched her I was like "is this a stand in for Yu Na?" She was so expressionless and the mistakes she made were really stupid ones. She seemed to me to be skating very slow and not with a great deal of heart. It's a shame.

I look forward to the long. I bet we are in for some more surprises!

motemote92yomi

Spectator
Wow, this competition is a joke.
Okay, Mirai went clean, but really? 70?
How come Mirai is 2 points ahead of Asada?
Mirai's stroke is rough and she is far from sophistication. Sure, she is bendy like h*ll but she comes nowhere close to Mao's graceful and airy skating.
Plus Mao had 3A. In what way does Mirai challenge herself like Mao does?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh and Sarah Hecken fixed her spirals, they look sooo much better than they did at SA, she has improved a lot, and she's so pretty. Love her reactions in the Kiss and Cry and the fist pumping :laugh:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mirai's stroke is rough and she is far from sophistication. Sure, she is bendy like h*ll but she comes nowhere close to Mao's graceful and airy skating.

Mao's 3a was downgraded so her combination was worth 4.8 points compared to Mirai's combo which was worth 10. I think it's fair that she's 2 points behind considering that large difference in technical base value.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

Marai does (3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A) = total TES base 19.00
Mao (3A+2T, 3F, 2A) = total TES base 18.4 ( with 3A<+2T,3F,2A) TES is 13.70 The 3A is underrotated!!

Mao is over 5 points deficit in TES base alone. 68.08 with TES of 13.7 is more than fair!!

janetfan

Match Penalty

Unfortunatedly Mao had a downgraded 3A.
Mirai had a 3x3 and also an Ina Bauer into a 2A. Mao has neither of those. Mirai has spectacular spins and more personality on the ice than Mao.

Mao has a very good chance to win this tomorrow if she can limit her mistakes.
Yuna has a chance with a great LP to still make the podium.
Mirai will have to skate clean and outsparkle the other Ladies like she did today.

A clean Laura can be a factor and so could even a clean Caro.
This was only the SP. Mirai skated very well today. I thought Mao skated very well too - but she did have her 3A dg'ed.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Well, Adam Rippon went from 7th to 1st in 4CC, nothing says to me Yu-Na isn't capable of that, she is still the world record holder as far as points are concerned. She could easily beat Nagasu by 25+ points in the LP alone, which would make the 10 points difference in the SP look like nothing.

Hey wallylutz, I think Mao will be tougher for Yuna to overcome in this situation. If Nagasu includes a 3+3 in the LP tomorrow, she could easily be in the low 130 range if she doesn't get UR's. That would give her around 200+ points. As for Mao, if she goes clean with no UR's, she'll get around 140. That would give her around 208. For Yuna to beat both Mao's best effort tomorrow, she would need about 150 which she achieved at Vancouver. However, I don't know if she can get in the right frame of mind to be able to do this. What more is that I believe she hasn't trained enough for the world championship. Still you would think she could to things like layback spins and sprial sequences in her sleep.

Of course who is to say that Mao or Mirai will go clean tomorrow. Mirai might be getting nervous as this the first time she's leading in a major competition and the technical calller seem to be pretty strict. Mao also may called for UR's tomorrow.

This, unfortunately, has been a competition marred by sub-par performances with couple of exceptions so far. I can't believe how bad skaters like Ando and Suzuki has done. I kind of understand why Suzuki might have done bad since she wasn't really preparing for this competition but who knows what's up with Ando. Maybe they're all suffering from Olympic burn-out.

Usually the short programs tends to be cleaner than the long and this short program had many falls and implosions. I dare not think about how much splatting there will be in thre free program tomorrow. I can only hope for the best.

ordinary person

On the Ice
heh i agree,the second jump didn't have a great landing either,if you'd be realistic she'd have around 65 points alright.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey wallylutz, I think Mao will be tougher for Yuna to overcome in this situation. If Nagasu includes a 3+3 in the LP tomorrow, she could easily be in the low 130 range if she doesn't get UR's. That would give her around 200+ points. As for Mao, if she goes clean with no UR's, she'll get around 140. That would give her around 208. For Yuna to beat both Mao's best effort tomorrow, she would need about 150 which she achieved at Vancouver. However, I don't know if she can get in the right frame of mind to be able to do this. What more is that I believe she hasn't trained enough for the world championship. Still you would think she could to things like layback spins and sprial sequences in her sleep.

Of course who is to say that Mao or Mirai will go clean tomorrow. Mirai might be getting nervous as this the first time she's leading in a major competition and the technical calller seem to be pretty strict. Mao also may called for UR's tomorrow.

This, unfortunately, has been a competition marred by sub-par performances with couple of exceptions so far. I can't believe how bad skaters like Ando and Suzuki has done. I kind of understand why Suzuki might have done bad since she wasn't really preparing for this competition but who knows what's up with Ando. Maybe they're all suffering from Olympic burn-out.

Usually the short programs tends to be cleaner than the long and this short program had many falls and implosions. I dare not think about how much splatting there will be in thre free program tomorrow. I can only hope for the best.

I think anything could happen. For all we know Akiko could have the SOHL (and she usually does in the long!) again and go up to the top 10. I think that is more realistic, believe it or not, than Miki going up the standings and meadling. (By the way, does anyone think that Miki is like the Japanese version of Z/Z in the pairs?) At least it will be exciting to watch instead of the usual...Yu-na beating everyone by 20 points.

For Yu-na, she is capable of going clean. I think this whole thing put a fire under her. Maybe it taught her something. When you have everyone telling you (maybe not Orser so much) that you're unbeatable, blah blah blah, it's super easy to start beliving it yourself. Now that she has six skaters in front of her, she know she has to bring her A-game.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Mirai can't include a 3-3 in her FS tomorrow because she already has two 3t planned in her FS (2a-3t and 3t) so unless she does 3-3lo which I don't think she has ever done, she can't do a 3lz-3t without changing her jump layout.

M

mylastduchess

By the way Tracy said Mirai's second triple was underrotated

QuadLutz

Rinkside
I've been nailed by a bug this week, of all weeks, so that's why I've been a bit MIA. Anyway...Didn't get to see much of the SP on Bold today due to my body insisting I sleep.

I also hope I'm feeling good enough that I can actually watch it.

Sorry to hear that, it's rotten to miss skating due to that sort of thing. Get well!

xx_hugme_xx

Spectator
Here is YuNa an Brian's brief interview right after the short,

he says:
although yuna's v fussy about how tight her laces, her boots, they weren't the problems.
Yuna just lost focus. missed a layback which has never happened before, terrible spiral ..

YUNA's INTERVIEW, she says: - little tired + scared to compete again after the olympics.
- she's ready to fight now ..
- wasn't expecting her SP was going to be like this, just want to forget about it,
and get back to normal!

It's good to see she is back on to fight!! Hope she skates exquisite LP:)

wallylutz

Medalist
This will surely make the ladies lp a very interesting event to watch. I almost didn't want to watch it b/c it was going to be boring. Now, the way things are developing, it's set up to be pretty exciting and interesting I think.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This will surely make the ladies lp a very interesting event to watch. I almost didn't want to watch it b/c it was going to be boring. Now, the way things are developing, it's set up to be pretty exciting and interesting I think.

I totally agree. There will be a lot of movement from group one. There's about a seven point difference between 24th and and 13th. Between 12th and 1st is just under 15 points. This is a competition where the LP will tell the tale, rather than won by the short program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I found this comment on Phil Hersh's blog about the Ladies SP and I found it sort of interesting to read.

I feel really sorry for Kim. She should be lying down somewhere in a Hawaiian beach with her mom and dad aside getting a nice tan or taking some dance lessons like Lysacek instead of being dragged to another mentally tolling skating competition (probably by Korean skating federation for next worlds' tickets) after all she accomplished. She admitted in post-SP interviews that she was scared of coming for another big competition pressure after what she has gone through around the Olympics. For her to say "scared" of competition, it is unheard of.

Whatever result she gets out of this worlds, I am awfully proud of her for what she has already achieved during this season (and seasons before that) and hope she doesn't take this slight slip-up too seriously. After all, she should be in a beach, not in Torino to begin with.

I hope she does get to go to the beach after this. Maybe sing lots of karaoke! :)