Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short - Start Order

Yuna can still win the freeskate, but perhaps still finnish second. Think mao might pull it out, Mirai i would imagine medallng though most likely bronze but will be interesting. Laura looked very happy in her interview.

Mashimaro on Ice
    So the Mao vs Yuna now become Yuna vs Mirai? :sheesh: Let's just be happy for Mirai for doing a great job today. Btw, I think Mirai looks adorable.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    What excuses are you talking about?
    Yeah seriously, she's Olympic champion and has won just about everything, she doesn't need excuses. It can't be your night every night.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Mirai beat Mao in TES. You go, girl!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ingQueen View Post
    Could I just ask exactly why Yu Na Kim always succeeds in making excuses for her mistakes? It's kind of pathetic.
    Yuna said it was her falult and she'll fight for the lp. Brian said it was not boots or anything else, she just lost focus. If answering questions = making excuses for you, then I can't say more. It's not like Yuna called a press conference and made excuses for her mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    yeah seriously, she's olympic champion and has won just about everything, she doesn't need excuses. It can't be your night every night.
    ita

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Yuna can still win the freeskate, but perhaps still finnish second. Think mao might pull it out, Mirai i would imagine medallng though most likely bronze but will be interesting. Laura looked very happy in her interview.
    Laura and Mirai were my two favorites. Too bad Laura messed up her 2A - otherwise I thought her skating was just so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    some quick notes I took:

Cynthia - Best I've seen in years.
    Kwak - a bit too dainty for me but a star in the making.
    Glebova - looking very competitive
    Hecken - Excellent and to that foreboding music of Prokoviev's R&J
    Helgesen - Neat skater with good technique
    Markarova - Very nicely done, and a surprise for me.
    Mao - Best I've seen her this season. she made that repetitive waltz bearable.
    Lapisto - With such fluidity she belongs in a ballet company
    Mirai - she confirmed that Vancouver was not a fluke. Go girl!
    Yuna - So lethargic to day. Hopes she snaps out of it for the LP
    Rachael - good show and sooooo underscored
    Leonova - Other than the mishap, she was very musical.

IMO, all these skaters are vulnerable (except Mirai) and present places can easily be changed.

I have spoken.
    Halleluah!

Rinkside
    Oh. I wasn't aware of that at all. Thanks, Johnnnn. I just thought that if she was making lace excuses, it would be weird. Just wondering. No antagonism.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    YES! My dream podium of Mao, Mirai, and Laura might come true! (Not very likely though)
    Well, my dream podium was Mao, Mirai and Rachael, in any order.I should be happy at least two of them are up there. I just want US to get 3 spots because I know they have great young skaters coming up plus Mirai and Rachael.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Mirai... And Mao, as she got more point than Yuna and that's what she wanted to do, I guess

Yuna Kim... Yes, she was kind of not good. She got the points she deserved, as a fan of Yuna, I have no objections at all. She doesn't have to prove anything. It looks like she did less training than she usually does and that's the reason behind it. But she deserved a good rest after what she did at the Olympics and those horrible 2 days after they ended.

So if some of you were saying that Mirai have no chances, then you got it Maybe she will become the World champion tomorrow.
    She really skated incredibly good. I don't think that she is better than Yuna at her age, but she looks like she is the future, at least in USA. So, you guys, must be happy

It was a surprising competition and very interesting.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 03-26-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Tripping on the Podium

Sp

I'm so mad at myself, I missed Mao!! Well, I won't miss the Long Program. She must've skated good though, she's in second. Go Mirai!!!! She's so adorable and a wonderful skater. Her spirals are to die for, and much better than Yuna's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    Even speed, skating skills, expression, and steps? And also sorry to (and i probably shouldn't) mention this but the looks ??
    Mirai looks just as beautiful as Yuna does.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    Well, given your last few posts I think it will be pointless to argue with you but I don't think anyone thinks Mirai has better footwork than Yuna.
    Agreed. Wow, I can't believe that someone thinks Mirai has better footwork and speed than Yuna!!! I agree that Mirai's spins are beautiful, but spins are spins. To be honest, Zhang's spins are better than Mirai's and she's not considered as a top skater. Mirai cheats on her jumps and even Tara said so. I do love Mirai, but she's got a lot to work on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Mirai looks just as beautiful as Yuna does.
    Well it's a personal preference but....... I can't possibly agree with that. Let's stop talking about looks. I feel bad starting this lol

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast