Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

miki88

Medalist
For her program i havent much to say, I like Mao, she is light, she is fast (not the fastest but she is) , i like her spins, spirals, her finesse, her stretched legs, I just like watching her skate. The japanese fans want her to marry Kozuka! I want to be the bridesmaid!

I want to be one too! :biggrin: Mao and Kozuka should start dating~~:love:. Actually, I do hope she finds a boyfriend because it will make her happier. TAT did say that falling in love will help her become more expressive in her skating, and that's the one of the few things I actually think TAT was right on.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I disagree with the judging for Yuna in the following three:
- Three judges gave Yuna's 3F plus GOE (one gave 2).
- Almost all the judges gave her step sequence plus GOE. She made a couple of mistakes and managed to go through with rather shallow edges towards the end.
- Her PE and IN.

evangeline

Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
  • Mirai's layback got ALL GOE +3!!
  • Yuna's PE ranged from 5.5 to 8.5
  • Miki's 3flip did not get DG.

I question the sanity (and competence) of the judges who gave Yu-Na the 8.5 and 8.25 for PE...and then proceeded to give Mirai PE in the 7 range. Were they watching the same event as I was?

Isn't Caroline Z. the only other skater who received all +3GOE for an element (her pearl layback)?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I disagree with the judging for Yuna in the following three:
- Three judges gave Yuna's 3F plus GOE (one gave 2).
- Almost all the judges gave her step sequence plus GOE. She made a couple of mistakes and managed to go through with rather shallow edges towards the end.
- Her PE and IN.
Just what I was thinking. They tried as much as possible to hold her up and keep within striking distance.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I question the sanity (and competence) of the judges who gave Yu-Na the 8.5 and 8.25 for PE...and then proceeded to give Mirai PE in the 7 range. Were they watching the same event as I was?

Isn't Caroline Z. the only other skater who received all +3GOE for an element (her pearl layback)?

Don't know about Caroline Z's layback, but she might as well have! I'm happy the judges were willing to reward Mirai's layback, or any outstandingly done elements. I think there's room for improvement as to how GOE should be given but that's another story.

I think Miki was lucky not to receive an UR call for her flip. So despite being her fan, I feel ok about her not getting a Bronze. On another note, if her 2loop hadn't been DG-ed or she hadn't stumbled on one of her spins (the sit spin?), the Bronze would've been hers!

Yuna had an off night. I think of all the disciplines, PE is where that state should've been reflected, but obviously some judges disagree.