Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short - Start Order

I've been nailed by a bug this week, of all weeks, so that's why I've been a bit MIA. Anyway...Didn't get to see much of the SP on Bold today due to my body insisting I sleep. I did tape it, but I know I didn't get all of it, but the way I was feeling, I really didn't much care. Anyway...I did get to see Laura Lepsito's SP and good for her. Just something about that young lady I really like and I still can't get over how fast she spins.

Also saw Miki and...Sigh!! What a shame and that fall on the lutz looked like it was one of those hard ones that hurt too. Hope she comes back strong in the LP.

Missed everyone else and didn't find out what had happened until a few minutes ago. Yi yi yi....What a Morning of shockers!!

Congratulations to Mirai and I still can't get over how far she's come since Skate Canada in November. I fell in love w/her skating then, but also thought that Mirai still had a lot of work ahead of her and that since the move to Frank Carroll had only happened a few months before that, this Season would be one of those learning curve ones.

Talk about a fast learning curve.

I'd love to see her take this World Title tomorrow, but in reality, I really want Mirai to go out and have a great skate just for herself. If she does that, then the rest will follow.

Thrilled for Cynthia!!! I hope she also has a great skate tomorrow.

Shocked about Yu-Na. Having problems w/the Flip I can understand, as it's been giving her fits all season long, but problems w/a Layback Spin!?!

Wow...When things start to go wrong...

I also hope she can come back strong tomorrow w/a great skate.

I also hope I'm feeling good enough that I can actually watch it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    My though exactly. I hope Miki can make it to top 6 and retain 3 spots for Japan.
    I wouldn't put it past her. Miki is a competitor and she's not at too much of a points disadvantage to make top 6 besides Mirai and Mao, but I feel like her PCS will help, plus she usually has good TES and skates better in the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Yes, she could. However, the poster I quoted seemed to think somehow Nagasu is the only one who is not vulnerable, which is just crazy talk, hence I had to point out no one is invincible.
    Hey wallylutz, unfortunately my prediction is partly coming true. It had to have been hard for Yuna to maintain focus after the Olympic plus the travel back and forth from Canada to Korea. I think she caught a cold while flying which probably knocked her out of training for at least a week in additiion to lack of motivation. I don't think she'll have a clean long program tomorrow either. I don't know if you can shake off that haze of Olympic victory overnight. I wonder what she'll do after the worlds.

Custom Title
    I predict the podium will be Mao, Yuna, Mirai or Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    I predict the podium will be Mao, Yuna, Mirai or Laura.
    Kostner might be a factor, if she is clean (but how often does that happen?!)

Rinkside
    Re-watched Ms. Kim's SP and she's definitely gained some weight. Most of it went to her breasts and face (?).

Not a surprise at all. She definitely deserves to eat what she wants. Amazing though your breasts grow at 20!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Hey wallylutz, unfortunately my prediction is partly coming true. It had to have been hard for Yuna to maintain focus after the Olympic plus the travel back and forth from Canada to Korea. I think she caught a cold while flying which probably knocked her out of training for at least a week in additiion to lack of motivation. I don't think she'll have a clean long program tomorrow either. I don't know if you can shake off that haze of Olympic victory overnight. I wonder what she'll do after the worlds.
    Well, Adam Rippon went from 7th to 1st in 4CC, nothing says to me Yu-Na isn't capable of that, she is still the world record holder as far as points are concerned. She could easily beat Nagasu by 25+ points in the LP alone, which would make the 10 points difference in the SP look like nothing.

Custom Title
    I think Yuna is the best in the world and is the one to beat. But if Mao can skate clean and Yuna isn't overscored, (which I think she was at the Olympics, but don't get me wrong she deserved her win totally!), Mao can win. I don't think Mirai will place in the top two but she has a great chance at bronze.l

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis View Post
    Re-watched Ms. Kim's SP and she's definitely gained some weight. Most of it went to her breasts and face (?).

Not a surprise at all. She definitely deserves to eat what she wants. Amazing though your breasts grow at 20!
    She still looked pretty skinny to me, I couldn't really tell any difference. Min-Jung looks a little healthier though (thank goodness), she also appears to have worked on her speed, and her salchow seemed improved. I take it she is a huge perfectionist though, she was bawling after her SP where she fell once, poor thing. It's ok MJ you made the FS and can do better tomorrow! I also liked Glebova's performance, I thought the score was a bit low, she did single the axel but also did 3-3, and for the record I think she's maybe even prettier than Kiira Korpi!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I watched the short on universal sports while I was eating lunch today. I think Tara Lipinski is the commentator. Anyway, she said that Yu Na said that it was very hard to find the motivation to skate at worlds since she achieved everything that she wanted to. I have it on DVR and can go back and check it tonight and post what Tara said word for word. Anyway, I guess if you have won nearly every competition, are a world and Olympic Champion, what more is there? I could definitly tell that she was unmotivated and when I watched her I was like "is this a stand in for Yu Na?" She was so expressionless and the mistakes she made were really stupid ones. She seemed to me to be skating very slow and not with a great deal of heart. It's a shame.

I look forward to the long. I bet we are in for some more surprises!

Rinkside
    Wow, this competition is a joke.
    Okay, Mirai went clean, but really? 70?
    How come Mirai is 2 points ahead of Asada?
    Mirai's stroke is rough and she is far from sophistication. Sure, she is bendy like h*ll but she comes nowhere close to Mao's graceful and airy skating.
    Plus Mao had 3A. In what way does Mirai challenge herself like Mao does?

Custom Title
    Oh and Sarah Hecken fixed her spirals, they look sooo much better than they did at SA, she has improved a lot, and she's so pretty. Love her reactions in the Kiss and Cry and the fist pumping

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by motemote92yomi View Post
    Mirai's stroke is rough and she is far from sophistication. Sure, she is bendy like h*ll but she comes nowhere close to Mao's graceful and airy skating.
    Mao's 3a was downgraded so her combination was worth 4.8 points compared to Mirai's combo which was worth 10. I think it's fair that she's 2 points behind considering that large difference in technical base value.

Custom Title
    Marai does (3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A) = total TES base 19.00
    Mao (3A+2T, 3F, 2A) = total TES base 18.4 ( with 3A<+2T,3F,2A) TES is 13.70 The 3A is underrotated!!

Mao is over 5 points deficit in TES base alone. 68.08 with TES of 13.7 is more than fair!!

Unfortunatedly Mao had a downgraded 3A.
    Mirai had a 3x3 and also an Ina Bauer into a 2A. Mao has neither of those. Mirai has spectacular spins and more personality on the ice than Mao.

Mao has a very good chance to win this tomorrow if she can limit her mistakes.
    Yuna has a chance with a great LP to still make the podium.
    Mirai will have to skate clean and outsparkle the other Ladies like she did today.

A clean Laura can be a factor and so could even a clean Caro.
    This was only the SP. Mirai skated very well today. I thought Mao skated very well too - but she did have her 3A dg'ed.

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast