Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short - Start Order

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Well, Adam Rippon went from 7th to 1st in 4CC, nothing says to me Yu-Na isn't capable of that, she is still the world record holder as far as points are concerned. She could easily beat Nagasu by 25+ points in the LP alone, which would make the 10 points difference in the SP look like nothing.
    Hey wallylutz, I think Mao will be tougher for Yuna to overcome in this situation. If Nagasu includes a 3+3 in the LP tomorrow, she could easily be in the low 130 range if she doesn't get UR's. That would give her around 200+ points. As for Mao, if she goes clean with no UR's, she'll get around 140. That would give her around 208. For Yuna to beat both Mao's best effort tomorrow, she would need about 150 which she achieved at Vancouver. However, I don't know if she can get in the right frame of mind to be able to do this. What more is that I believe she hasn't trained enough for the world championship. Still you would think she could to things like layback spins and sprial sequences in her sleep.

Of course who is to say that Mao or Mirai will go clean tomorrow. Mirai might be getting nervous as this the first time she's leading in a major competition and the technical calller seem to be pretty strict. Mao also may called for UR's tomorrow.

This, unfortunately, has been a competition marred by sub-par performances with couple of exceptions so far. I can't believe how bad skaters like Ando and Suzuki has done. I kind of understand why Suzuki might have done bad since she wasn't really preparing for this competition but who knows what's up with Ando. Maybe they're all suffering from Olympic burn-out.

Usually the short programs tends to be cleaner than the long and this short program had many falls and implosions. I dare not think about how much splatting there will be in thre free program tomorrow. I can only hope for the best.

heh i agree,the second jump didn't have a great landing either,if you'd be realistic she'd have around 65 points alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Hey wallylutz, I think Mao will be tougher for Yuna to overcome in this situation. If Nagasu includes a 3+3 in the LP tomorrow, she could easily be in the low 130 range if she doesn't get UR's. That would give her around 200+ points. As for Mao, if she goes clean with no UR's, she'll get around 140. That would give her around 208. For Yuna to beat both Mao's best effort tomorrow, she would need about 150 which she achieved at Vancouver. However, I don't know if she can get in the right frame of mind to be able to do this. What more is that I believe she hasn't trained enough for the world championship. Still you would think she could to things like layback spins and sprial sequences in her sleep.

Of course who is to say that Mao or Mirai will go clean tomorrow. Mirai might be getting nervous as this the first time she's leading in a major competition and the technical calller seem to be pretty strict. Mao also may called for UR's tomorrow.

This, unfortunately, has been a competition marred by sub-par performances with couple of exceptions so far. I can't believe how bad skaters like Ando and Suzuki has done. I kind of understand why Suzuki might have done bad since she wasn't really preparing for this competition but who knows what's up with Ando. Maybe they're all suffering from Olympic burn-out.

Usually the short programs tends to be cleaner than the long and this short program had many falls and implosions. I dare not think about how much splatting there will be in thre free program tomorrow. I can only hope for the best.
    I think anything could happen. For all we know Akiko could have the SOHL (and she usually does in the long!) again and go up to the top 10. I think that is more realistic, believe it or not, than Miki going up the standings and meadling. (By the way, does anyone think that Miki is like the Japanese version of Z/Z in the pairs?) At least it will be exciting to watch instead of the usual...Yu-na beating everyone by 20 points.

For Yu-na, she is capable of going clean. I think this whole thing put a fire under her. Maybe it taught her something. When you have everyone telling you (maybe not Orser so much) that you're unbeatable, blah blah blah, it's super easy to start beliving it yourself. Now that she has six skaters in front of her, she know she has to bring her A-game.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post

Mirai can't include a 3-3 in her FS tomorrow because she already has two 3t planned in her FS (2a-3t and 3t) so unless she does 3-3lo which I don't think she has ever done, she can't do a 3lz-3t without changing her jump layout.

mylastduchess
    By the way Tracy said Mirai's second triple was underrotated

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I've been nailed by a bug this week, of all weeks, so that's why I've been a bit MIA. Anyway...Didn't get to see much of the SP on Bold today due to my body insisting I sleep.

I also hope I'm feeling good enough that I can actually watch it.
    Sorry to hear that, it's rotten to miss skating due to that sort of thing. Get well!

Rinkside
    Here is YuNa an Brian's brief interview right after the short,

he says:
    although yuna's v fussy about how tight her laces, her boots, they weren't the problems.
    Yuna just lost focus. missed a layback which has never happened before, terrible spiral ..

YUNA's INTERVIEW, she says: - little tired + scared to compete again after the olympics.
    - she's ready to fight now ..
    - wasn't expecting her SP was going to be like this, just want to forget about it,
    and get back to normal!

It's good to see she is back on to fight!! Hope she skates exquisite LP

Custom Title
    This will surely make the ladies lp a very interesting event to watch. I almost didn't want to watch it b/c it was going to be boring. Now, the way things are developing, it's set up to be pretty exciting and interesting I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    This will surely make the ladies lp a very interesting event to watch. I almost didn't want to watch it b/c it was going to be boring. Now, the way things are developing, it's set up to be pretty exciting and interesting I think.
    I totally agree. There will be a lot of movement from group one. There's about a seven point difference between 24th and and 13th. Between 12th and 1st is just under 15 points. This is a competition where the LP will tell the tale, rather than won by the short program.

I found this comment on Phil Hersh's blog about the Ladies SP and I found it sort of interesting to read.

I feel really sorry for Kim. She should be lying down somewhere in a Hawaiian beach with her mom and dad aside getting a nice tan or taking some dance lessons like Lysacek instead of being dragged to another mentally tolling skating competition (probably by Korean skating federation for next worlds' tickets) after all she accomplished. She admitted in post-SP interviews that she was scared of coming for another big competition pressure after what she has gone through around the Olympics. For her to say "scared" of competition, it is unheard of.

Whatever result she gets out of this worlds, I am awfully proud of her for what she has already achieved during this season (and seasons before that) and hope she doesn't take this slight slip-up too seriously. After all, she should be in a beach, not in Torino to begin with.

I hope she does get to go to the beach after this. Maybe sing lots of karaoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    For her to say "scared" of competition, it is unheard of.

I hope she does get to go to the beach after this. Maybe sing lots of karaoke!
    Well, she's been accruing record-setting scores every competition (except at the GPF) since last March. What pressure she must feel to always do at least as well as the last competition.

I hope so too.
    Last edited by Moxie; 03-26-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I screwed up the quote. Bah!

could anyone pls post a link to yuna's sp? i've been having problems finding it on youtube.

Custom Title
    What a drama this has been, Mirai in first, so deserved but i am still thinkin about her 3-3 being UR but now she is being respected by the judges which is great
    Mao skate with so much freedom!, i love her eagle transition into the 2A, and a lot of speed on her program today hope she WINS tomorrow
    And well Yuna i guess all that expectations after the olympics was to much, she will comeback tomorrow, i dont think the judges will likely get her off the podium, but if Lepisto is on, well we all know her marks.

Loocking forward for a great LP competition

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kasia16 View Post
    could anyone pls post a link to yuna's sp? i've been having problems finding it on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpTlrTLCp2Y

Custom Title
    Has anyone got score details? I was hoping Icenetwork to release it but all I found was this.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

This mentions Mao's DG, but no mention of Mirai's. I guess Mirai's 3/3 was ratified? That wouldn't be fair and I'm a Mirai fan.

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast