Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short - Start Order

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Is Mao's interpreter the one they used for Daisuke? I thought that she was pretty good and seemed to get the nuances of translation.
    She should be. Idk. I like her though. She seems to know what she's doing and gives good translations (but I don't know Japanese, so ... yeah).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Is Mao's interpreter the one they used for Daisuke? I thought that she was pretty good and seemed to get the nuances of translation.
    I believe she was the same one, and she was excellent!

Tara was watching on a TV screen same as we were... she had the exact same angle. Tara's doing nothing more than what we are...

that being said I think she's done a fantastic job so far.

Medalist
    Does anybody know if there is any review possibilities about the press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Fin View Post
    Does anybody know if there is any review possibilities about the press conference?
    What's a review possibilty?

I thought Mao's 3A rotated. I am sorry that they had strict callers tonight. Two of the commentators, Tracy and another guy (who is that?), didn't get that, either, after seeing the jump twice in slow-mo. This is frustrating. But I am happy that she did well. Her spins looked a lot slower than Mirai's, but overall, a great program with class.

Yuna's mistakes were really bizarre. Her spins --- I can understand that sometimes it can happen when you miss it at the entry. But her mistake on spiral was very strange. What happened? She also had some mistakes in step sequence. Something looked really off and odd throughout after the brilliant opening.

Tracy was talking about double penalty for missing the spin and redoing an extra element. I do not know what that is. But there seems to be some rule.

Her 3F could have been ratified by another set of tech panel? I dunno. She did two-foot, but it did not look terribly URed.

Mirai was great. As for programs, I liked her previous ones better, esp. the delightful classical music with which she won the junior Nationals. The ballet piece next year was really cute and beautiful and Charles Chaplin was fantastic and entertaining, too. I think that these programs had more characters. But as for execution, she did a brilliant job here. Extremely fast spins, fantastic 2A from beautiful ina bauer.

I thought that her 3-3 looked like more cheated than Mao's 3A. I mean, I just didn't see any cheat on her 3A. If the tech panel does not like the way she takes off, she may continue to get dinged in FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I thought Mao's 3A rotated. I am sorry that they had strict callers tonight. Two of the commentators, Tracy and another guy (who is that?), didn't get that, either, after seeing the jump twice in slow-mo. This is frustrating. But I am happy that she did well. Her spins looked a lot slower than Mirai's, but overall, a great program with class.

Yuna's mistakes were really bizarre. Her spins --- I can understand that sometimes it can happen when you miss it at the entry. But her mistake on spiral was very strange. What happened? She also had some mistakes in step sequence. Something looked really off and odd throughout after the brilliant opening.

Tracy was talking about double penalty for missing the spin and redoing an extra element. I do not know what that is. But there seems to be some rule.

Her 3F could have been ratified by another set of tech panel? I dunno. She did two-foot, but it did not look terribly URed.

Mirai was great. As for programs, I liked her previous ones better, esp. the delightful classical music with which she won the junior Nationals. The ballet piece next year was really cute and beautiful and Charles Chaplin was fantastic and entertaining, too. I think that these programs had more characters. But as for execution, she did a brilliant job here. Extremely fast spins, fantastic 2A from beautiful ina bauer.

I thought that her 3-3 looked like more cheated than Mao's 3A. I mean, I just didn't see any cheat on her 3A. If the tech panel does not like the way she takes off, she may continue to get dinged in FS.
    Ditto what you said about Mao's 3A. It looked fully rotated to me too & I thought Mirai's 3/3 was UR.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    What's a review possibilty?
    I meant is it possible to look somewhere in youtube for example

What a pain to watch ladies' short. Lots of mistakes, not only in jumps, but also in spins, steps and spirals. I am afraid we will see much of the same today. Tired girls.

Mirai was the highlight. Great overall Also Mao, Laura and Ksenia were enjoyable. And the "lower" ladies that skated clean: Manouk, Anastasia, Cheltzie, Sarah H, Yan-Liu and Viktoria(not many, did I forget someone?) Carolina was OK, but she makes me nervous.

According to the swedish commentator(who had the protocols), Mirai's 3-toe-loop was downgraded, but she got huge! points for her spins. Yuna got zero for her spin, which she aborted, then did it again.

Well, if the problem for Yuna was her boot, she will fix it and come back being her old self today. If the problem is that she is exhausted and unfocused, I don't blame her.

GO all girls. The ones who can focus and squeeze out their last strength in this final competition will medal

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Fin View Post
    LADIES POST-SHORT PROGRAM CONFERENCE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn8xMjOWc3w
    It was on the page before this one.

On the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    What a pain to watch ladies' short. Lots of mistakes, not only in jumps, but also in spins, steps and spirals. I am afraid we will see much of the same today. Tired girls.

Mirai was the highlight. Great overall Also Mao, Laura and Ksenia were enjoyable. And the "lower" ladies that skated clean: Manouk, Anastasia, Cheltzie, Sarah H, Yan-Liu and Viktoria(not many, did I forget someone?) Carolina was OK, but she makes me nervous.

According to the swedish commentator(who had the protocols), Mirai's 3-toe-loop was downgraded, but she got huge! points for her spins. Yuna got zero for her spin, which she aborted, then did it again.

Well, if the problem for Yuna was her boot, she will fix it and come back being her old self today. If the problem is that she is exhausted and unfocused, I don't blame her.

GO all girls. The ones who can focus and squeeze out their last strength in this final competition will medal
    Oh, I see. Yeah, I think Mirai's 3-3 URed. If it were in the Olympics, it would have been ratified. They were very relaxed there whether it was deliberately or not.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    LADIES POST-SHORT PROGRAM CONFERENCE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn8xMjOWc3w
    It was on the page before this one.
    Thank you and sorry, I tried to look all posts but I was irresponsible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by joy k.k View Post
    A Japanese commentator said Mirai's 3-3 was downgraded, too. Even more impressive that she got 70+!!! I don't really understand what people mean by her 'juniorish skating' because to me she's just so phenomenal. Fast, crisp, beautiful lines and posture, so quick to reach optimum positions like Cohen, her ina bauer is much more than just a transition feature, not to mention her spins and fire!

Her interview response with her cute broken Japanese was so charming!
    Last edited by hikki; 03-27-2010 at 06:37 AM.

I thought Caro gained weight, which I initially thought just my thinking, but my mom also said so. Is that why her jumps were not very high? I love her old costume back. Could also be due to gained weight, but I still love it.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast