Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Original Dance Start Order

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Top 16 to the free dance?

Arghhh no feed. Stupid stupid ISU.

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post

Arghhh no feed. Stupid stupid ISU.
    God bless CBC! We're still streaming beautifully ...

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    God bless CBC! We're still streaming beautifully ...
    Lucky folks! Rawr!

Oh the joys of living on a tiny island which doesn't give two hoots about figure skating ... Thank heavens for youtube!

Rinkside
    British Eurosport showed the first two groups and then went over to the Biathlon .
    Promised to be back for the last two groups .... l hope those Biathletes finish their course in record time .
    I really enjoyed the Japanese Dance by the Reeds, great concept and smart use of props.
    Would have loved to see Hoffmann/Zavozin....oh well..

Navarro & Bommentre: my skater-son is stating forcefully that the guy looks like an escapee from Ironman II - ! Seriously, I don't like this outfit. The bouncing breastplate is very distracting, and I can see it being a safety issue if she gets "snagged" on it.
    I have to agree. While I love N&B's FD, their OD doesn't thrill me in the same way. It's a bit cheesy, not as bad as Domnina and Shabalin's, but on its way there. I can't wait to see their FD tomorrow though, it's one of my favourites ever and I think they could move up a bit with it.

Loved Hoffman and Zavozin!

Custom Title
    Didn't think they looked gay, that wasn't the issue (although I know that other posters in other threads and on other forums have discussed that aspect) - I simply didn't see "sailors" doing a "sailor's dance" - I saw holds that seemed to convey, to me at least, traditional waltz male/female dance instead of a folk dance. Part of the problem is perhaps that North American audiences (and myself included in that ) - are somewhat clueless on this type of dance, whereas, we are more familiar with other of the folk dances presented. Thanks for the insight re: what their military dances look like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erfs3G3UDpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ski8...eature=related

As you can see, the most representative dance hold of this dance is "arm in arm", which this team did emphasize throughout their performance such as the opening. The only exception being the circular step sequence, which is more or less a required adaptation to fit in the ISU rules. As you know, a closed dance hold or Waltz position is considered more technically difficult than an open position. As for the lift, that was appropriate as well, sailors definitely do lift each other in a playful manner. I felt the intepretation was right on character given the necessary adaptations to transfer this dance on ice.

Any report about the kilt?

Custom Title
    anyone having a livestream lik for me? swedish feed died :(

We have kilts, and they were wonderful!

Tanith and Ben doing commentary with Andrea Joyce for Universal Sports.

Why don't the other British pair have a Q for qulaified by their name when the team above them and below them do?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Why don't the other British pair have a Q for qulaified by their name when the team above them and below them do?
    because thats not the combined results and in the combined thei are behinde and therefore not Q

stream is working again!!!

http://svtplay.se/v/1912473/konstakn...p104182,1,f,-1

Custom Title
    The score they had in the CD held them down too much. The skaters below them had a lesser OD, but their CD+OD scores are higher than the second British team.

Rinkside
    Sinead and John did great . Love that programme!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    Sinead and John did great . Love that programme!
    Good for them! I love that programme too. Hopefully it'll make its way on to Youtube soon!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    British Eurosport showed the first two groups and then went over to the Biathlon .
    Promised to be back for the last two groups .... l hope those Biathletes finish their course in record time .
    I really enjoyed the Japanese Dance by the Reeds, great concept and smart use of props.
    Would have loved to see Hoffmann/Zavozin....oh well..

I really dont understand Eurosport scheduling sometimes, they usually broadcast the whole CD event and then only 12 OD and just the final group for the FD. Its nonsense sometimes.

The Kerrs apparently did great. Going back to the Scottish program was a wise decision.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast