Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Original Dance Start Order

Custom Title
    Meryl and Charlie finished behind their music. It was not as sharp a performance as Vancouver. V/M were sharper, technically, than in Vancouver, if not as theatrical.

Banned
    Just found out that V/M changed part of their OD only hours before the competition.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...at-worlds?bn=1

How amazing is that they were able to pull it off without even a skate through...

The USA is dangerously close to losing 3 spots. in dance. Davis and White will place at least second, but Samuelson and Bates NEED to finish 11th or higher. This might be a nailbiter..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Just found out that V/M changed part of their OD only hours before the competition.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...at-worlds?bn=1

How amazing is that they were able to pull it off without even a skate through...
    These two are pretty much as good as ice dancers get. Too bad, I loved that part when she twisted in the air. So done with no practice ever done on ice... to get a world record. Impressive seems like an understatement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    True, but if both are clean and strong, V/M will win. D/W had the OD of the season, but V/M have the FD of the season.
    It is a matter of taste. I like more V/M flamenco is a very sophisticated and difficult dance, D/W is difficult, but more commercial.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    That was pretty blissful. V/M & D/W cannot be touched . Both richly deserve to be where they are.

The only complaint I have is that I think S/B were somewhat undermarked.

My sister and I are in agreement that one of the best moves in ice dance is Tessa placing her hand on Scott's thigh in their OD. ..just sayin'...

Edit ; Originally ,I described the move as s---y.Didn't know it wasn't allowed.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 03-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    The USA is dangerously close to losing 3 spots. in dance. Davis and White will place at least second, but Samuelson and Bates NEED to finish 11th or higher. This might be a nailbiter..
    When Tanith and Ben announced they were not going to Worlds, I asked if anyone else was concerned about the US losing one of their dance spots. Everyone seemed to think it was automatic that the top 2 US teams would get 13. I was worried the judges have not been that impressed with S&B and wouldn't give them high marks. This is way too close for me. S&B were 10th after the compulsory and are now 11th. They can't drop any more.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    2010 worlds OD small medal award ceremony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHW57mths9c

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    [/url]
    Wow. Just ... holy moly. That said, what is up with all the "behind the grapevine" talk this year? It's getting seriously annoying. Can all the judges and TCs get together and be consistent in deeming things illegal or not (Joubert anyone?).

I have faith in S/B. They certainly have the potential to move up if they skate well. D/W and V/M are locks for the top 2; S/B just need to maintain their placing, which they are more than capable of.

Canada, USA and Italy on track to get 3 spots next year! Good luck to all the dancers for the FD!

Can V/M and D/W ever top their programmes? I really hope both teams stay in for the next quad and push each other artistically and technically. It just won't be the same of either of them retire imo ....

Custom Title
    It would be a tragedy if either team retired.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    It would be a tragedy if either team retired.
    I agree. At this age ? I wasn't even working yet, never mind retired

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Can V/M and D/W ever top their programmes? I really hope both teams stay in for the next quad and push each other artistically and technically. It just won't be the same of either of them retire imo ....
    Don't you look so forward to them trying? These teams have made dance go from being my least favorite discipline to being my favorite. Can't wait to see D&W at SoI next month.

On the Ice
    Watching replays one day behind... D/W and V/M not fiery? For me that was smouldering enough. I always find them inspiring, and after olympics this wasn't a self-evident outcome (as we saw with the poor tired Yu-na today).

The Czech pair danced to Finnish folk music! I don't know anyone to have done that after Rahkamo/Kokko, so they are my new favourites of course.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Why were they so low after the OD? Did they not get the levels? The performance looked like one of the best for them all year and considering most of the other team's mistakes on the twizzles I was shocked they were so low.

Rinkside
    Do you imagine D/W performing V/M flamenco routine I don't, especially Charlie with his childish face would be funny, but I imagine V/M performing bollywood routine quite well

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7