Original Dance Start Order | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Original Dance Start Order

wallylutz

Medalist
Didn't think they looked gay, that wasn't the issue (although I know that other posters in other threads and on other forums have discussed that aspect) - I simply didn't see "sailors" doing a "sailor's dance" - I saw holds that seemed to convey, to me at least, traditional waltz male/female dance instead of a folk dance. Part of the problem is perhaps that North American audiences (and myself included in that ) - are somewhat clueless on this type of dance, whereas, we are more familiar with other of the folk dances presented. Thanks for the insight re: what their military dances look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erfs3G3UDpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ski8NznY-w&feature=related

As you can see, the most representative dance hold of this dance is "arm in arm", which this team did emphasize throughout their performance such as the opening. The only exception being the circular step sequence, which is more or less a required adaptation to fit in the ISU rules. As you know, a closed dance hold or Waltz position is considered more technically difficult than an open position. As for the lift, that was appropriate as well, sailors definitely do lift each other in a playful manner. I felt the intepretation was right on character given the necessary adaptations to transfer this dance on ice.

CassAgain

On the Ice
We have kilts, and they were wonderful!

Tanith and Ben doing commentary with Andrea Joyce for Universal Sports.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Why don't the other British pair have a Q for qulaified by their name when the team above them and below them do?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The score they had in the CD held them down too much. The skaters below them had a lesser OD, but their CD+OD scores are higher than the second British team.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
British Eurosport showed the first two groups and then went over to the Biathlon :eek:hwell:.
Promised to be back for the last two groups .... l hope those Biathletes finish their course in record time :scowl:.
I really enjoyed the Japanese Dance by the Reeds, great concept and smart use of props.
Would have loved to see Hoffmann/Zavozin....oh well..

I really dont understand Eurosport scheduling sometimes, they usually broadcast the whole CD event and then only 12 OD and just the final group for the FD. Its nonsense sometimes.

The Kerrs apparently did great. Going back to the Scottish program was a wise decision.

Bonsai

Rinkside
I really dont understand Eurosport scheduling sometimes, they usually broadcast the whole CD event and then only 12 OD and just the final group for the FD. Its nonsense sometimes.

The Kerrs apparently did great. Going back to the Scottish program was a wise decision.

I think so too, I liked their Johnny Cash routine well enough but the Scottish one just fits their style perfectly (and the fact that John looks great in a kilt does not hurt either ;))

Bonsai

Rinkside
White/Davies leading. Must admit did not enjoy it as much as at the Olys. Pandemonium (sp) as the Italianstake take the ice...

Oreo

On the Ice
Has anybody gotten the Universal Sports player to load? It worked great yesterday. Today nothing happens.

sfgirl

On the Ice
Meryl wasn't wearing the earrings that I love. I wonder if she forgot to bring them?

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I wish the Kerrs had done the Scottish OD in the Olys, and Muse their FD from last year as their FD this year and the Olys.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
The scores are even more inflated here than at the Olympics.. Have anyone scored above 70 in the OD ever??? Probably only N&K or maybe VM will be the first.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Either Tanith and Ben are the nicest, most gracious people on the planet, or they are doing a good job of faking it. They could not have been more complementary about Merlie and about B/A's former coaches. They also have informative technical comments. They're doing a great job.