Original Dance Start Order | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance Start Order

mishieru07

On the Ice
Either Tanith and Ben are the nicest, most gracious people on the planet, or they are doing a good job of faking it. They could not have been more complementary about Merlie and about B/A's former coaches. They also have informative technical comments. They're doing a great job.

Seems like they're really good as commentators from Tony's pbp, able to point out the technical stuff. I'd like to hear their commentary some time!

missysays

On the Ice
Awww- Fabian looks shafted. Tough to have a mistake right at the end.

I agree with all of the other comments- I really like Tanith and Ben's commentary. They don't yell and I like how their commentary gives you hints at how a move is performed. Ben's comment about how P/B are good at moving not just down the ice but side to side because their edges are so deep gave me something else to notice.

Nice job.

apple123

On the Ice
F/M are way over scored. D/W seem lack the fire a bit today, dunno why. Horrible camera work.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Kerrs and C&P did well. I miss the Kerrs' Johnny Cash OD but like the Scottish one, too. Too bad about the mistakes for F&S and P&B. PJ Kwong on Bold was really criticizing P&B's music choice and character, but I personally like their program. D&W were great, but for some reason I can't completely get into this particular OD.

Bonsai

Rinkside
Really don't like P/B s programme. Lovely skaters but the programme does nothing for me.... Virtue/ Moir are just lovely on the ice..could watch them for hours :love:

sfgirl

On the Ice
I thought if D/W would score higher in any phase of the competition it would be in the O/D. They didn't though. Close, but V/M beat them.

figuristka

Medalist
I also didn't like the program for P/B, I prefered the Kerr's doing their Scottish OD. Not that fond of S/B's OD, guess i just don't like the cowboy OD too much lol. D/W and V/M were both wonderful, though there was alittle more intensity from both at Olympics i think. F/S with their mistake were lucky to get as high.

Hikaru

Final Flight
I thought if D/W would score higher in any phase of the competition it would be in the O/D. They didn't though. Close, but V/M beat them.

I thought the same thing, they actually did throughout the season, except in the Olympics, and again here. I just love their OD and I think it is the best one this season.

sfgirl

On the Ice
Really don't like P/B s programme. Lovely skaters but the programme does nothing for me.... Virtue/ Moir are just lovely on the ice..could watch them for hours :love:

I agree. I am torn because I have a feeling that if V/M win Gold here, they will retire from competitive skating, and they are so lovely to watch.:)

CassAgain

On the Ice
2 little mistakes for K/N--we'll see how it's reflected in the scores.

I feel like D/W deserved to be ahead after the OD--I think the Indian program will be remembered for years when many of the others are long forgotten. I think at least in this catagory they are the class of the field.

Bonsai

Rinkside
Poor Jana and Sergei.. its really not their season .Not sure if this OD did them any favours though (the costumes certainly did not).
Agree with the Kerrs being underscored (or rather F/S and P/B overscored). Sigh, it's ice dance after all :rolleye:

apple123

On the Ice
the judges keep D/W and V/M close, so the ones go clean and strong in FD will leave with the gold.

figuristka

Medalist
K/N i knew watching this OD they would drop placements , just could not get into it. The baby italians had quite a fun dance.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
True, but if both are clean and strong, V/M will win. D/W had the OD of the season, but V/M have the FD of the season.