Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who will jump quad in the Worlds after Plush has withdrawn?

Banned

Who will jump quad in the Worlds after Plush has withdrawn?

Nobody. They do not have to.

Custom Title
    You're probably right. Without Verner, Plush, Lambiel there doesn't seem to be anyone who's certain to attempt a quad at Worlds. Men that may be considering it:
    - Jeremy Abbott; he always said he goes for the quad because 'he can'; I can't remember; did he fell on it at the Olympics?
    - Adrian Schultheiss; landed a perfect one at the Olympics and really, really needs one to be in the running.
    - Daisuke Takahashi; was brave enough to go for it at the Olympics, but it looks like he may not need it to win here.
    - Takahiko Kozuka and Nobunari Oda; known to land it in practice once in a while; Kozuka attempts it in competition sometimes; doesn't look like they'll try it here; though Oda could use it to beat Takahashi and Abbott if the latter two leave the element out.

EDIT: oh yeah; Joubert will definitely go for it (at least very likely); Bradley? I'm not sure.. He *did* break his foot!

JOUBERT , VORONOV, R BRADLEY, K REYNOLDS AND MAYBE J ABBOTT and the Japanese boys.

... and Fernandez ...

.....and maybe Miki will dust off her quad.......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    .....and maybe Miki will dust off her quad.......
    Haha, I would love that . Kevin Reynolds too, he does 4sal and 4toe right? Apparently Brezina lands really nice quads in practice, maybe he will go for it in his LP if he's striving for the podium?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    JOUBERT , VORONOV, R BRADLEY, K REYNOLDS AND MAYBE J ABBOTT and the Japanese boys.
    Yeah. Maybe not Oda, but Dai certainly will go for it in the free. As for the SP probably on Joubert, Bradeley and Reynolds will try them. Who will land them? Who knows? I Say Joubert and Reynolds will land at least one each.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Haha, I would love that . Kevin Reynolds too, he does 4sal and 4toe right? Apparently Brezina lands really nice quads in practice, maybe he will go for it in his LP if he's striving for the podium?
    exactly. I think quite a few of the up and coming or outside-shot guys will attempt it to try to get an edge and push themselves up in the standings.

maybe the quad should be worth a bit more ... but you do already get the extra points for it so I think quite a few guys will go for it.

Custom Title
    I hope Amodio and Brezina go for it. They are in perfect position to afford some risks. I was disappointed Florent didn't even attempt one in Vancouver as Sandra pointed out.

Without Plush and an overdue Lambiel in the mix, one might think a quad is not necessary, but the remainder of the contestants are basically very close to each other in Tech. (Praise to be their styles are different.) However, to put icing on a cake of gold, if they all skate comfortably without a quad, they will still need something to show they are first place material. A number of the skaters have landed quads in some sort of competition, but as we know that a once-in-awhile Quad wont do. It must be right-on for a Worlds.

I would recommend the following to attempt (they have more to merit if they do not land one perfectly): Abbott and Takahashi. Joubert is expected because he has landed quads more than 85% of the time. (I don't count practices.) If the three each land a quad, they will be the podium. The order of placement, I do not know. If one of them falters, he could be replaced by a number of Men waiting in line. Maybe Michal Brezina?

Custom Title
    Exactly. 2010 Olympics will be the last competition a quad was done. Now its all going to be spread eagles and ina bauers into triples or doubles. FUN!!!! So lame.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Nobody. They do not have to.
    Blah, Plushenko, during the time he took off after the 2006 Olympics, we have seen plenty of quads in competitions.

Besides, I could not care less, LOL. I appreciate skaters who have difficult choreography, if they also have a quad, that´s a plus. Plushenko has just jumps, his spins are not really good, footwork is not what it used to be... His choreography is very lacking and boring, IMO. I will not miss his skating at Worlds..., but it would have been interesting to see, if the judges finally are judging his PCS the way it should have been done in Europeans and the Olympics.
    Last edited by Jaana; 03-20-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Exactly. 2010 Olympics will be the last competition a quad was done. Now its all going to be spread eagles and ina bauers into triples or doubles. FUN!!!! So lame.
    That's tad dramatic. There has been no dominant male figure in the last quad precisely because no one had a consistent quad or two combined with quality skating like Yags, Plushenko or even pre-2007 Lambiel.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    but it would have been interesting to see, if the judges finally are judging his PCS the way it should have been done in Europeans and the Olympics.
    Nah, They would probably give him the same reputation marks as past Olympic and past World champion plus the Plushenko bonus, pretty much the same thing that boosted Lysacek's pcs since last year by 10 points. To put the things in its place cause well you have been saying it like everywhere.
    Plushenko was overscored in pcs. I m the first to say it. Now since the judges for all the rest did a great job, I suppose you believe Lysacek is a 82+ pcs material skater. In the planet where Takahashi and Lambiel should have 92 Pcs probably. Cause sometimes we look only in one direction...
    And you forgot about the Goe. It is the new trend.

If you demand good job from all the judges, well, I demand it for all skaters and not for my non favorites only.

They might start with Kozuka pcs to be better for example.
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-20-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Custom Title
    All of you, who crying for quads MUST be an orthopedic surgeon, beeing affraid losing your job without making hip-surgery, and hip-replacement for young people, who used to be figure skaters!!!
    I'm a surgeon. PLEASE, stop to do it.I personally don't like to see consistent injuries, very short carriers because of surgeries, and lame young people, being 30-35, and not able to walk properly because of their former attempts of quad jumps in the training!!
    Please, have a bit more empathy and less attitude of "Panem et circenses"!
    Last edited by bigdeal; 03-20-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast