Pairs long - placements 2-4 | Golden Skate

Pairs long - placements 2-4

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
So everyone has ideas on what placements 2 - 4 should have been. Some believe S&S were held up, others that M&T were held down... Let's bring the discussion "in" a bit. The link here is to a table comparing specific elements and components of those three teams: http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/48286.html. Underlined elements are the ones performed with that 2nd half bonus. Which SPECIFIC marks do you disagree with? Which SPECIFIC levels you think were too high/ too low? Where do you think the CoP levels are unfair?

Last edited:

Big Deal

Final Flight
Very good post. I will have a closer look soon.
For the first sight, I trhink that K-S got much higher PCs, than they worthed compare to M-T, who I always prefer to them ( and still do)

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
S&S deserve to be in 2nd place. They had a terrific free skate. K&S wouldn't be in top 10 if they skated for Japan as she did a decade ago.

A fall on throw 4S or 3A should get more deductions. In singles, it generally is not a problem since UR call usually accompanies a fall on a quad jump, the actual points a single skater can garner for a quad jump with a fall are close to ZERO. However, in pairs, men can generally throw female partners around for sufficient rotations, K&S and I&B always got some ridiculously high scores on failed 4thS and 3thA.They need to change that.

The technical controllers also need to start downgrading triple twists. I've never seen a 3twist getting downgraded even many of those attemps were clearly URed. K&S' 3twist has a chronic UR problem but they continue to garner those ridiculous +goe.

K&S' lifts and spins are also inferior, and they shouldn't get +goe.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
K/S 73 in SP 125 in LP = 198
M/T 69 in SP 128 in LP = 197
S/S 65 in SP 130 in LP = 195

K/S 2nd
M/T 3rd
S/S 4th

bekalc

Record Breaker
K/S 73 in SP 125 in LP = 198
M/T 69 in SP 128 in LP = 197
S/S 65 in SP 130 in LP = 195

K/S 2nd
M/T 3rd
S/S 4th

Oh please that you would give S/S who had the best long performance of the night. only a 130.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
A fall on throw 4S or 3A should get more deductions. In singles, it generally is not a problem since UR call usually accompanies a fall on a quad jump, the actual points a single skater can garner for a quad jump with a fall are close to ZERO.
I agree there. Then again, remember Buttle's silver with that almost planned fall on the quad?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Oh please that you would give S/S who had the best long performance of the night. only a 130.

The Zhangs should have been in front of S/S as well now that I think about it.
S/S = Patrick Chan when it comes to unfair judging.