MENS LP and the Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Way to go Ryan! He fell on the 2nd quad and doubled the axel, but still a quad and a 3-3! So proud of him!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Too bad during my favorite part (the pointing part), the camera guy focused on this skates! Darn you, Camera Man! :mad:

Ryan's in 2nd behind the Chinese guy! Jamal's on.

TCAngel18

Medalist
thanks!!!....unfortunately it came AFTER ryans skate lol, but thanks anyways, ur a godsend!!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
man, only a 123.....how did he only a 58.9 in components?

Cuz he skated so early, and you could see he was clearly in pain and tentative. Still, I thought he skated pretty well considering he has a broken foot! His components should have been in the 60-70 range though. Heck, at the Olympics they gave Tomas 67 in PCS and he went first and had a meltdown. Whatever, Ryan looked fairly happy with how he skated, he's gutsy.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Ryan because he obviously was in pain and not really himself. He could have maybe medalled if he wasn't injured. Maybe he'll come back for one more season? lol

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Ryan because he obviously was in pain and not really himself. He could have maybe medalled if he wasn't injured. Maybe he'll come back for one more season? lol

I agree. I mean, considering he went out there and rotated all his jumps and only fell once with a serious injury, it maybe means he's learning how to deal with his nerves. I really hope he doesn't retire just yet.

TCAngel18

Medalist
I agree. I mean, considering he went out there and rotated all his jumps and only fell once with a serious injury, it maybe means he's learning how to deal with his nerves. I really hope he doesn't retire just yet.

i know, and i want him to skate this program next year, fully healthy, this program is genius for him...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Kevin up next! Maybe he can move into the top 10, and if Patrick stays where he is, Canada will have 3 spots for next year. :)

ARipp42014

Medalist
echo this

What's with it with competitions held in Europe? First the Euros now this with the skate fetish? Seriously, I will be mad if they focus more on Adam's (or Daisuke's or Jeremy's... heck any good looking male skater's) skates than his actual skating. They rather put his skates instead of Adam "Ripponing" his lutz. Thank goodness Italian TV reaired that with the actual jump.

After 1 flight...
1) Chinese Dude
2) Ryan :cry:
3) Dude skating to Requiem
4) D-10's teammate
5) Jamal
6) Finnish guy who didn't reach the 24 at the Olympics

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Takahashi, Chan and Joubert on the podium in some order. Abbott or Kozuka might slip on if one of those three implode, but I think it'll be those three.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
i know, and i want him to skate this program next year, fully healthy, this program is genius for him...

I agree. When he gets really into it, it's awesome. And his jumps get so much height, I know he doesn't get the best results but he really is very talented. His quad is huge and to do that with a broken foot...wow. Also 66 in TES is not bad, if he got the PCS he deserved (internationally this season they have been in the mid-high 60s range), he'd have gotten a pretty respectable score.