MENS LP and the Results | Page 20 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

Jasper

Final Flight
Brezina's jumps are HUGE. That 3A was the best by far tonight.

Also, his last spin looked faster than his spins at the Olys. He's really attacking this program with great speed so far.

As for Chan, do we think his constant jumping mistakes in the second half of the program are due to mental or physical fatigue??? It might be both. :(

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
***?! Did that really just happen? Patrick in 1st? SERIOUSLY?! None of his jumps looked pretty to me. 3flip+3toe was the best pass, but he made SO MANY errors.

If skating had any bit of credibility left, it just vanished with that placement. UNREAL!

Bonsai

Rinkside
Ok I don't like Brezina's style but boy can he skate..and his jumps are a beauty to behold.

Robeye

Final Flight
Might be too early for this, but given all the splats, is points re-jiggering really a good idea?

Sackie

Medalist
Patrick only had 1 fall and he is about the same TES score as Jeremy who had 2 - so yeah he had to be marked that high because they gave Jeremy high enough marks to keep him up there.

Jasper

Final Flight
Brezina!!!!!!!!!! Amazing. He should be in first by a mile after that, considering the scores given to Chan, Joubert, and Abbott.

Brezina has fantastic stretch on his camels, btw. And one hell of a scratch spin.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The real question is why does Patrick attempt jumps at all. The judges clearly are telling the world Chan can win without jumps. Everyone else should just stay home.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
***?! Did that really just happen? Patrick in 1st? SERIOUSLY?! None of his jumps looked pretty to me. 3flip+3toe was the best pass, but he made SO MANY errors.

If skating had any bit of credibility left, it just vanished with that placement. UNREAL!

I agree, that is why I am going to recommend to the board next monday that we pull our sponsership from international events. It is rigged and the judging is terrible when a skater lands a great technical program, then another one comes right after SPLATS but gets overscored, and is extremly obnoxious about it. It is going to hurt the community, but maybe that is what needs to happen before somebody gets a hint.

DivaDes

Rinkside
It's the offical the sport is dying Pchiddy with a crap performance like that gets first when BRian lands 2 quads, a triple axel, and pcrappy was off more than he was on.

I love when people call a skater's perfomance crap just because it goes ahead of someone they like. I like both Chan and Joubert but if you take the jumps out of Brian's program there is nothing left. Heck I had more transition in my programs at 9 and I choreographer my transitions myself! Patrick doesn't just do skate, jump, skate, jump. Patrick has the overall package of spin, jumps and footwork topped off with performance. Package wins over quads!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Czech Buttle pulled a Jeff Buttle and went clean!

He had a hand down, but for the most part, he was def. cleaner than anyone else in the final flight (unless Dice-K does too, which HE WILLLLLL!)

ETA: Czech Buttle's after PChiddy and Joubert?! Woooooooow. Wuzrobbed.

Last edited: