MENS LP and the Results | Page 29 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

I agree, I don't hate Chan, I think he's a great skater, but when he makes mistakes like that and continues to get really good scores it's just annoying. The same goes for Jeremy, he mosdef did not deserve 150 for his LP in Vancouver and even tonight he was off. I just feel it must be really frustrating for skaters like Brezina who skate a clean program and are still significantly behind an out-of-his element Chan with a few very noticable mistakes. And KVDP doing a 4-3-3 and placing behind tentative Jeremy with 2 falls, please. I know he is not artistic but if he can do a combo like that so well he deserves to be higher than 8th, it's almost like a slap in the face for him, oh you'll never be good enough to be on the World Podium even though you're the best jumper here.
Oh, Silverlake - so many wuzrobbed and I call on those judges to justify the lack of interest in Kevin van der Perrren.
and Big John - Kevin did a total whole package program. It was not just the jumps.

Last edited:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I can't wait for next season! Dice-K's farewell tour, the redemption of Oda, and the emergence of Michal, Adam, Kozuka, Javi, Lil Flo, Crazy Adrian, and D10. Oh and more Chiddy soundbites!

That would be a great title to a movie.

DriedgerC2

Spectator
watchvancouver should be banned. Talking about somebody as cancer and wishing them a misfortune is PATHETIC. Get lost.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I was sad for Jeremy. But this was from his facebook, he said, "I'm not upset! I would like back some of the points that they took from my short, but otherwise I'm 5th :) not 11th!!!!"
So he's fine. I feel better.

ARipp42014

Medalist
That would be a great title to a movie.

I should rename that... The Oda Redemption: Nobu Comes Home

Forgot last season was Oda's redemption after the DUI! Next season, it would be from the atomic bombing of his SP at Worlds!

Glad Jeremy is looking on the bright side of things. He did finished 5th (not 11th), saved the US Team by keeping 3 spots, and look at this as just redemption from Vancouver. His tweets after the Men's event were pretty sad.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So, everybody agrees with the winner? It's rather unusual :)

btw Swede regains second spot, (and lost it for Europeans) Does Kristoffer Berntsson still skate?

Cool about the winner :agree:

Kristoffer is still skating, now even more inspired, I suppose. Competing for the two spots are him, Adrian and Majorov.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO Chan was overmarked (as usual). All of his jumps were a bit off today. He doublefooted the 3A combo, his 3Z landing was on his toe, and he fell on the loop. He's not the world's greatest performer on his best days in terms of personality and connection with the audience, but today he was really buttoned-up and tight throughout his program. Sure, give him 8s on TR and CH, but he sure did not deserve 8s in PE and IN.

OTOH, Takahashi should have received 9s in PE and IN, and his overall skating skills are more than .35 higher than Chan's. On univeralsports.com, Johnny Weir noted how Daisuke skating is "warm", i.e. he brings the audience into his program. Chan is stiff and remote by comparison.

So far we're 2 for 2 on agreeing on the winner (Pang & Tong made everyone happy). I'm sure people would be happy to see Voir or Merlie win tomorrow in the FD but it's the ladies we'll have debates.
The judges of the Ladies, if they all skate clean, may be divided between a 3A and a routine skated with abandon. Let's hope they both do their thing and discuss on another thread.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Dai. I am doing my happy dance. He was just wonderful on the ice today
2 footed quad and all he was the class of the field. :bow::bow:

Patrick skated very well and I feel deserved 2nd place. I am happy for Brian
a little bit of redemption after Vancouver. Well done.

A shout out to Jeremy and Adam for securing 3 spots for the US.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just realized Jeremy Abbott achieved the highest base value of any man in the LP at 79.75 due to his difficulty levels, no under-rotations, and no wrong edge jump entries. :cool:

DriedgerC2

Spectator
OMG. I can't believe all this hating and trashtalking on the skaters. Some people here talk like some bunch of first graders. Oh, that would be an insult to the decent first graders out there. Grow up people. Show a little decency. You're not doing figure skating a favor.

wallylutz

Medalist
I just realized Jeremy Abbott achieved the highest base value of any man in the LP at 79.75 due to his difficulty levels, no under-rotations, and no wrong edge jump entries. :cool:

Actually, Abbott's high base value is due to the inclusion of a fully rotated Quad toe and no under-rotations. He actually failed to score Level 4 in his step sequences and two spins.

no triple/triple for Brezina..he did get credit for his spins. That is surprising!
He's a musical showman and if a 3x3 isn't ready, he won't do one. This was not considered to be his Worlds. Next year will be.

I remember seeing Dai in 2004 Worlds - six years to claim the title, and not much in but one bronze in 2 Olys. It wasn't like he shot up to gold in his first year. Why wasn't it?

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, Abbott's high base value is due to the inclusion of a fully rotated Quad toe and no under-rotations. He actually failed to score Level 4 in his step sequences and two spins.

When I said difficulty levels, I was referring to the difficulty of attempting a 3Lutz+3toe+2loop and a 3Axel+2toe in the 2nd half bonus. His jump layout is very COP savvy and he always takes full advantage of his allotted jump combinations. Smart thinking and understanding of how the code works!

figuristka

Medalist
Iam not a big fan of Kevin Reynold's skating but great skate for him, can you believe he got the second highest TES, he was only second to Dai in the free.