Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MENS LP and the Results

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    EXACTLY!

He also very publicly complained about the judges' scores whining that he should have earned 9s in PCS for two very flawed and uninspired programs. What an ego and a phony!

All Evan did was congratulate Dai - and that seems to be enough to bring the bashers out.

Nobody here said he was a saint - just some comments that it was a nice thing to do. :sheesh:

Congratulations to all medalists, especially Daisuke and Brian!

I'm sad for Takahiko and Nobunari, but very happy for the other skaters, especially Javier!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Again, the sport is not figure jumping.

GOD... What's wrong with people?
    I know, I know, but it's not like he just did a quad, he did a 4-3-3 and was the only one in the competition to do it, one of the few people to do it in competition ever. That would be like if Mao comes out tomorrow and does 3a-3t-2lo and doesn't beat Yuna. I just feel bad for KVDP because his scores show that even with the 4-3-3 and no falls, he's still 15 points below a guy with no quad and a fall (Chan) in the FS. It must be so frustrating!

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    I'm going to try to ignore all the hate, as I'm also drunk on Daisuke. He really is the total package. I can't believe it took such an amazing skater so long to win a fitting title, but I'm glad the day finally came. It's great that everyone agrees on who owned the night

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Skaters make choices. KVDP and others have chosen to excel in jumping - which is great. However, it is not all that the sport is about. It is about skating, spinning, presentation AND jumping and all of the rest of it. My kid is a skater. He prefers jumping to footwork, but, to be competitive, he has to play in the rules which state that he is measured on all fronts, and work on all of the requirements. We all wish in life that the "rules" would be changed to suit our particular situation ... why not? Or that those people who do what we "like best" would be on top of the heap. Unfortunately, everyone has their own agenda ... and the reality is that not everyone's agenda will be the one that excels, because that is impossible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    I'm going to try to ignore all the hate, as I'm also drunk on Daisuke. He really is the total package. I can't believe it took such an amazing skater so long to win a fitting title, but I'm glad the day finally came. It's great that everyone agrees on who owned the night
    Dai is incredible ! I'm annoyed but I'm not actually surprised that Brezina got low PCS and Chan's score was the way it was, I expected it. Brezina's time hasn't come yet and he looked happy with his scores and to be in 4th, just like Mirai, so that's nice to see. Plus he didn't win the world medal that has eluded Verner for so many years so in some ways that might be a good thing in terms of Verner's confidence, he knows his teammate is wicked good but he also knows that he's equaled Michal's 4th place placement at Worlds twice and has no reason to back down or give up. I want to give a shout out to Adam Rippon too, he was lovely and so elegant, Brian has done wonders with him!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    I am curious. Has the quad flip been landed successfully in competition before by any men's skater?
    Michael Weiss did a very good attempt on a Quad Lutz, which was first recognized but then take away after replay as the referee claimed that he two-footed the jump, therefore, voided the attempt as a failure. That was many years ago when Quads were supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I know, I know, but it's not like he just did a quad, he did a 4-3-3 and was the only one in the competition to do it, one of the few people to do it in competition ever. That would be like if Mao comes out tomorrow and does 3a-3t-2lo and doesn't beat Yuna. I just feel bad for KVDP because his scores show that even with the 4-3-3 and no falls, he's still 15 points below a guy with no quad and a fall (Chan) in the FS. It must be so frustrating!
    Kevin looked happy enough - and I was happy not to see him skating in his lame skeleton costume

For 3 seconds or so Kevin commanded the ice - and was rewarded with what - 19points?
    Not bad for a few seconds. Chan has to skate much longer to score that many points - and he does things Kevin can't do. So Chan can't do a 4-3-3 either - but does that matter?

You are such a big CoP defender and you should recognize that what Chan does to score so many points few others can do. If everyone had Chan's abilities they would skate like him and get big scores too.

Why resent Chan - he just goes out and skates and the judges love his skating.

So ask yourself - why do the judges love Chan's skating? Why don't more guys skate like him?

The answer is because they can't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Kevin looked happy enough - and I was happy not to see him skating in his lame skeleton costume

For 3 seconds or so Kevin commanded the ice - and was rewarded with what - 19points?
    Not bad for a few seconds. Chan has to skate much longer to score that many points - and he does things Kevin can't do. So Chan can't do a 4-3-3 either - but does that matter?

You are such a big CoP defender and you should recognize that what Chan does to score so many points few others can do. If everyone had Chan's abilities they would skate like him and get big scores too.

Why resent Chan - he just goes out and skates and the judges love his skating.

So ask yourself - why do the judges love Chan's skating? Why don't more guys skate like him?

Fair point, I think I just identify more with the jumpers of the sport, I've never been a big Sasha fan because I find her weak in the jump department, but CoP is a points based system and they have to be doing something well to earn all those points. Also Chan is not a bad jumper, he's just better in the other aspects of skating.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    Incredibly happy for Dai! ... I just realized my newfound love for Dai has to do with Morozov, or lack of it. I used to far prefer Oda when he was with Lee Barkell and Dai was with Morozov. Even Cyber Swan which everyone loved left me cold for some reason. But now that Dai's on his own, he has far more pronounced identity on the ice.
    I share the same statement about the 2 Japanese guys. I used to love Oda so much until 2 years ago (more than Dai), but not now,
    I still kinda love him (for the past), but in the same time I have problem to apreciate Morozov's pupils and work, and I'm kind of glad
    that Oda didn't make the LP, rather than finishing 7th or 17th, because I wish he leaves Morozov

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post

Are you for real? Who in the world would want to watch every man at the world championship skate just like Patrick Chan? A world full of Patrick Chan clones surely wouldn't save the state of figure skating. The guys want to have and develop their own individual styles, not skate just like Patrick. For you to suggest that Chan is somehow the standard that all others should aspire to lacks weight and merit because the only ISU championship the guy has ever won is a 4CC title in 2009. His resume is not that glowing and we've all seen him have his share of meltdowns. He's not close to being the male Yu-Na Kim or Michelle Kwan that you are trying to portray him to be.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-25-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Custom Title
    Are you for real? Who in the world would want to watch every man at the world championship skate just like Patrick Chan? A world full of Patrick Chan clones surely wouldn't save the state of figure skating. The guys want to have and develop their own individual styles, not skate just like Patrick. For you to suggest that Chan is somehow the standard that all others should aspire to lacks weight and merit because the only ISU title the guy has ever won is a 4CC title in 2009. His resume is not that glowing and we've all seen him have his share of meltdowns. He's not close to being the male Yu-Na Kim or Michelle Kwan that you are trying to portray him to be.
    He's the male Sasha Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    He's the male Sasha Cohen.
    That made me laugh. Instead of seeing Sasha Cohen, I saw Sasha Baron Cohen. Ahahahaha. Oh man.

Are you for real? Who in the world would want to watch every man at the world championship skate just like Patrick Chan? A world full of Patrick Chan clones surely wouldn't save the state of figure skating. The guys want to have and develop their own individual styles, not skate just like Patrick. For you to suggest that Chan is somehow the standard that all others should aspire to lacks weight and merit because the only ISU title the guy has ever won is a 4CC title in 2009. His resume is not that glowing and we've all seen him have his share of meltdowns. He's not close to being the male Yu-Na Kim or Michelle Kwan that you are trying to portray him to be.
    I said none of the things you implied. I definitely did not say I want eveyone to skate like Chan. I did say most can't skate like him and that the judges love his skating.

I dont care whether you agree or not because I saw Chan skate and saw his score and second Silver medal.

You don't have to like him - just like I don't care much for Joubert. But I understand not everyone can land the big jumps - and I think it would be beyond boring if Joubert's stye - or lack of style was the model for future skaters.

Chan did NOT win - so you can breath a sigh of relief. But your opinions are not quite what the reality of the situation is.

Chan gets big scores because he is a very strong CoP skater. Judges happen to like him alot. You don't. No big deal

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    That made me laugh. Instead of seeing Sasha Cohen, I saw Sasha Baron Cohen. Ahahahaha. Oh man.
    Borat on ice would have been funny.

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast