Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

skatemom1122

Final Flight
You've got to be insane. Robbed? Hardly. They are a beautiful team and I don't want to take away from their accomplishments, but they are definetly NOT as polished as the French and Italians...I think the sport is hardly going down the toilet with the performances of the top two teams. In fact, I think international dance is the better now that it has ever been.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Victory ceremony has started. Hope the teams find the right places at the podium and don't get puzzled like Chan and joubert. :p

mishieru07

On the Ice
What happened to C/L? They finished 14th in the FD! Italy lost out on getting 3 spots by 1 placement!

Yay bravo to USA and Canada - 3 spots each! Hopefully that means W/P or P/I next year at Worlds!! :)

Congratulations to the medallists! Haven't seen anything so no comments. To the person I was quibbling with after the OD; SEE I told you nothing in FS is for certain! :p Thankfully for V/M, that deduction didn't cost them the way it did the Italians at J.Worlds. Does anyone know why they were deducted? (Extended lift?)

Tanith is dating Charlie. It's totally public.

11 10s? Will we see a day when we'll have all 10s the way we have all 6.0s? :p

Ituriel

On the Ice
This is a perfect podium!!! Thanks for this lovely night Tessa, Scott, Mery and Charlie. Grazie Fede e Massi. Finally on the podium, and Nathalie & Fabian and the Kerrs marvelous too!!! so sad for Anna & Luca and Jana & Sergei, but it was a wonderfull competition. Congratulations to the New Champions of ice dancing...

ARipp42014

Medalist
What happened to C/L? They finished 14th in the FD! Italy lost out on getting 3 spots by 1 placement!

During the twizzles, they got to close and Luca's skate collided with Anna's skate and she fell. At the end, Anna just cried her poor heart out. :cry:

Plus Charlie is the shizzle for not only getting a medal but having Barbie Tanith as your gal pal!

This is a perfect podium!!! Thanks for this lovely night Tessa, Scott, Mery and Charlie. Grazie Fede e Massi. Finally on the podium, and Nathalie & Fabian and the Kerrs marvelous too!!! so sad for Anna & Luca and Jana & Sergei, but it was a wonderfull competition. Congratulations to the New Champions of ice dancing...

I think almost everyone predicted that as the podium!

Scott hugged Tessa from behind...

Scott, please dump Jessica and just date Tessa already! I think that's more frustrating than trying to hook Takahiko and Mao up!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Only seen the top flight due to cycling overrunning on Eurosport. Was a little bit disappointed with the performances, everything was a little bit down on the Olympics. V/M deserved the gold, that is truly a magical programme. D/W, I'm not their biggest fan they could have skated that programme to any piece of music and you wouldn't know the difference. You can't deny the TES but on PCS I think they are overmarked.

Italians done well to get the bronze, not as good as there performance in the Europeans, but the crowd didn't care. The French done well, deservedly 3rd in the free. Kerrs not slightly dissapointing. I wonder if they and the Italians are going to retire?

Looking at the final score there was more than 25 points between 2nd and 3rd, what teams can bring that gap in between now and Sochi? Looks like it's going to be a US/Canada battle for the next few years.

Dissapointing season for K/N, they have really been dumped by the judges. Where do they go from here?

mishieru07

On the Ice
During the twizzles, they got to close and Luca's skate collided with Anna's skate and she fell. At the end, Anna just cried her poor heart out. :cry:

Scott, please dump Jessica and just date Tessa already! I think that's more frustrating than trying to hook Takahiko and Mao up!

Oh no!!! :cry: Poor Anna; I hope she's okay! Hope they do better next season!

HAHAHA joining the shipdom? I've given up on those two; I'm just going to wait and watch the chips fall where they may. :p

Tigger

Final Flight
Wow...What a great afternoon of skating. Congratulations to Tessa and Scott for getting a full set of Worlds Medals and the World Championship!!!

Funny thing...I was way more emotional for this Medal Ceremony than I was for the one in Vancouver last month. Go figure!!

Great skating. Great podium. Can't ask for more than that!! :)

figuristka

Medalist
Yes some were alittle flat compared to Olympics. I think D/W get a little gold medal for their free dance don't they? Now V/M and D/W can have gold medals ;)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Looking at the final score there was more than 25 points between 2nd and 3rd, what teams can bring that gap in between now and Sochi? Looks like it's going to be a US/Canada battle for the next few years.

I predict I/K will. If they keep improving the way D/W and V/M did from 2006-2009, they will be a force to contend with come Sochi.

There, I've said it. Skate gods, be kind!!!

hitchem

Rinkside
Only seen the top flight due to cycling overrunning on Eurosport. Was a little bit disappointed with the performances, everything was a little bit down on the Olympics. V/M deserved the gold, that is truly a magical programme. D/W, I'm not their biggest fan they could have skated that programme to any piece of music and you wouldn't know the difference. You can't deny the TES but on PCS I think they are overmarked.

Italians done well to get the bronze, not as good as there performance in the Europeans, but the crowd didn't care. The French done well, deservedly 3rd in the free. Kerrs not slightly dissapointing. I wonder if they and the Italians are going to retire?

Dissapointing season for K/N, they have really been dumped by the judges. Where do they go from here?

Well, to defend D/W, it's not easy to portray weird, obsessive love, or whatever other emotions Phantom has. Although I think V/M have a really specially romantic chemistry, they don't have to go through a range of emotions in their FD.