Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Custom Title
    Photographer took the Canadian flag away from Scott, why? any rules against it?

Custom Title
    Only seen the top flight due to cycling overrunning on Eurosport. Was a little bit disappointed with the performances, everything was a little bit down on the Olympics. V/M deserved the gold, that is truly a magical programme. D/W, I'm not their biggest fan they could have skated that programme to any piece of music and you wouldn't know the difference. You can't deny the TES but on PCS I think they are overmarked.

Italians done well to get the bronze, not as good as there performance in the Europeans, but the crowd didn't care. The French done well, deservedly 3rd in the free. Kerrs not slightly dissapointing. I wonder if they and the Italians are going to retire?

Looking at the final score there was more than 25 points between 2nd and 3rd, what teams can bring that gap in between now and Sochi? Looks like it's going to be a US/Canada battle for the next few years.

Dissapointing season for K/N, they have really been dumped by the judges. Where do they go from here?

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    During the twizzles, they got to close and Luca's skate collided with Anna's skate and she fell. At the end, Anna just cried her poor heart out.

Scott, please dump Jessica and just date Tessa already! I think that's more frustrating than trying to hook Takahiko and Mao up!
    Oh no!!! Poor Anna; I hope she's okay! Hope they do better next season!

HAHAHA joining the shipdom? I've given up on those two; I'm just going to wait and watch the chips fall where they may.

Wow...What a great afternoon of skating. Congratulations to Tessa and Scott for getting a full set of Worlds Medals and the World Championship!!!

Funny thing...I was way more emotional for this Medal Ceremony than I was for the one in Vancouver last month. Go figure!!

Great skating. Great podium. Can't ask for more than that!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post

Dissapointing season for K/N, they have really been dumped by the judges. Where do they go from here?
    They go away.

Yes some were alittle flat compared to Olympics. I think D/W get a little gold medal for their free dance don't they? Now V/M and D/W can have gold medals

Looking at the final score there was more than 25 points between 2nd and 3rd, what teams can bring that gap in between now and Sochi? Looks like it's going to be a US/Canada battle for the next few years.
    I predict I/K will. If they keep improving the way D/W and V/M did from 2006-2009, they will be a force to contend with come Sochi.

There, I've said it. Skate gods, be kind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    I predict I/K will. If they keep improving the way D/W and V/M did from 2006-2009, they will be a force to contend with come Sochi.

There, I've said it. Skate gods, be kind!!!
    Who are I/K?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Who are I/K?
    Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov, the jr World Champs

Rinkside
    Only seen the top flight due to cycling overrunning on Eurosport. Was a little bit disappointed with the performances, everything was a little bit down on the Olympics. V/M deserved the gold, that is truly a magical programme. D/W, I'm not their biggest fan they could have skated that programme to any piece of music and you wouldn't know the difference. You can't deny the TES but on PCS I think they are overmarked.

Italians done well to get the bronze, not as good as there performance in the Europeans, but the crowd didn't care. The French done well, deservedly 3rd in the free. Kerrs not slightly dissapointing. I wonder if they and the Italians are going to retire?

Well, to defend D/W, it's not easy to portray weird, obsessive love, or whatever other emotions Phantom has. Although I think V/M have a really specially romantic chemistry, they don't have to go through a range of emotions in their FD.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov, the jr World Champs
    Thanks, have never watched them. I will take a look on YT sometime for them.

chillyfranz
    The emotion D&W go through isnt really done well though at all, i think they should not win the FD.

I think it's unfair to say since D&W have done lots of free dances the same in the past 3 years....technically are quite good. And I hope they can do better because they don't even deserve the 1st here.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Thanks, have never watched them. I will take a look on YT sometime for them.
    They're VERY good for juniors. Caught my attention the way baby D/W and V/M did.

Russian fed should start pushing for them; they're far more talented than any of the current senior teams imo.

Now that all is said and done, can the skate gods convince both D/W and V/M to stay in? And that if they do, they'll experiment with other styles? I'm dying to see a voidy dance from V/M again.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyfranz View Post
    The emotion D&W go through isnt really done well though at all, i think they should not win the FD.
    I think it was better than Vancouver, but I'm just saying that comparing their interpretation to V/M isn't really useful.

Custom Title
    The only problem I have with V/M is that except for last season, they have been playing the same roles for the past 4 years : young couple, deeply in love. I don't think they have challenged themselves out of their comfort zone. And they most likely never will, if they retire as I pretty much expect they will.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast