Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Custom Title
    Yeah, I forgot that (and I really like G/P).

....ducks and hides

To bridge the gap - Pechalat and Bourzat if they stick around, Cappellini and Lanotte, Zaretskys if they stay, Crone and Poirier, Samuelson and Bates, Bobrova and Soloviev..
    Well Virtue and Moir were Junior world champions in 2006. And this year's Junior World Champion team I/K is extremely talented... B/S are extremely talented too. It will be interesting to see who Russia chooses as their no1 team to really get behind. I hope they choose I/K, but who knows.

I actually don't think Charlie and Merle did enough to overcome Virtue and Moir. I want to clarify and say that I'm not a fan of Virtue/Moir's dance. I think its a little cheesy, although it does have some beautiful moments. There's one moment where they both pose and look at the camera that just no, just no.....But I can't deny that they hit just gorgeous and positions and lines.

However for me in general I think Virtue and Moir are technically the better team. Charlie/Merle's can be a bit sloppy at times, and their lines, posture, extension is no where as good a Virtue and Moir's. And I think things like that need to matter in dance. In fact Charlie/Merle's lines, extensions is actually weaker than several teams. Its just they skated with so much speed, passion and have so many of the tricks down that other teams don't have....It helps them...
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-27-2010 at 12:33 AM.

I am still trying to figure out this new scoring system. How is it that Mr. Moir can muff his STw3 and still get a positive GOE? Heck, four judges gave them a +2 ????????
    I realize the level was downgraded but a muff is a muff.
    Confused in Spokane

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, I forgot that (and I really like G/P).

....ducks and hides
    Lol wally beat me to it!

But that aside, I like your idea.

Coyotechris, I'm bad at judging technique so I'll leave that for the resident experts like doris and wallylutz. But here's the judging criteria for this year: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1442

On Twizzles:
    Execution not simultaneous:
    • one Twizzle 1 grade
    • both Twizzles 2 grades

Execution of turn incorrect: (linked 3 turns, spin): 1 grade
    • by one partner one Twizzle 1 grade
    • by one partner both Twizzle 2 grades
    • by both partners one Twizzle 2 grades
    • three Twizzles incorrect 3 grades
    •by both partners both Twizzles mark as - 3

Increase GOE by 1 grade for each of the following difficult characteristics:
    �� Exit with running edge maintained (no immediate step down)
    �� Twizzles reflect the character of the chosen dance (OD)
    �� Fast rotation of Twizzles
    �� Fast movement across the ice

On Loss of balance or Stumble on Required Element
    Loss of balance without additional support – one partner Reduce by 1 grade

V/M got docked to a L3, probably because the execution wasn't exactly simultaneous on the first set or because he stumbled. IDK about the GOE but you could argue for No 2 at least, and maybe No 3/ 4.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Scott, please dump Jessica and just date Tessa already!
    Is there any proof that Scott and Jessica are actually together?

I always read this gossip on message boards, but I've never actually seen them together.

In the world of dancing either on a ballroom floor or ice, competitively or just for pleasure, the couple should enjoy their dance with each other. V/M have that enjoyment together. I just can't imagine D/W enjoying what they do. For me, I see them going for the points only. D/W are extremely competitive. I am sure they will continue skating and by the tech alone, they will be numero uno and beat out F/S who seem to simply enjoy what they do.

Custom Title
    It's ironic. All the praise and awe over D/W's OD and it turns out V/M beat them by .98 in the OD, the largest margin in the three phases of the competition. Oh well, it was a fantastic season for Meryl and Charlie. They have definitely let the world know how talented they are.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    It's ironic. All the praise and awe over D/W's OD and it turns out V/M beat them by .98 in the OD, the largest margin in the three phases of the competition. Oh well, it was a fantastic season for Meryl and Charlie. They have definitely let the world know how talented they are.
    V/M were overmarked in the OD. D&W should have beaten them. Their dance is actually ORIGINAL too.

Rinkside
    for me V/M heve greater, much profound musical sensibility and are much more sophisticated end elegant couple than D/W - they are great especially in OD, but Phantom is too melodramatic, hectic, and a slightly too conventional. It's pity that Tessa and Scott made a mistake in FD but they diserved gold overall - CD and OD were exuisite.
    Last edited by asunta; 03-27-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Is there any proof that Scott and Jessica are actually together?

I always read this gossip on message boards, but I've never actually seen them together.
    I think there is a picture on Charlie's FB of him, Tanith, Jess and Scott with the caption referencing it being a "double date". That's all I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Interesting imagination...except, Grishuck/Platove already defended their Olympic Gold Medal in Ice Dance in 1998....
    Were they the ones who did that horrendous jitterbug and beat out Torvill and Dean?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Were they the ones who did that horrendous jitterbug and beat out Torvill and Dean?
    And then beat out the fabulous French 'Fred & Ginger' classy routine, of Moniotte and Lavanchy at Worlds 94......after Platov FELL in the FD and M&L were foot perfect - never mind artistically superior! (ah! old Dance judging gripes!!)

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat28 View Post
    I think there is a picture on Charlie's FB of him, Tanith, Jess and Scott with the caption referencing it being a "double date". That's all I've ever seen.
    Charlie & Tanith are an item? (I'm so out of touch with all the goss.)

Custom Title
    Yeah, I heard a rumor that they are going to buy a house and live together after the SOI done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    Yeah, I heard a rumor that they are going to buy a house and live together after the SOI done.
    Are you serious? Is that rumor really out there? That surprises me.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast