Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

ARipp42014

Medalist
A little low but hopefully that's a 10th place finish for them.

Oh no it's Adagio! The Il Divo version!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Samuelson and Bates seem to be getting lower scores here than at the Olympics, but I don't notice any difference in their skating.

Oh no - Carron and Jones are skating to Adagio.. sick of this music.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Samuelson and Bates seem to be getting lower scores here than at the Olympics, but I don't notice any difference in their skating.

Oh no - Carron and Jones are skating to Adagio.. sick of this music.

Well we're getting that one more time with Katia & Dmitri on the next flight. But theirs are really nice.

I wonder if Pern & Lloyd are channelling Albena and Max with their look

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Well we're getting that one more time with Katia & Dmitri on the next flight. But theirs are really nice.

I wonder if Pern & Lloyd are channelling Albena and Max with their look

Their costumes look like Bourne & Kraatz's 2003 Adagio costumes. Strange, because their OD was a lot like Riverdance 1998.

ARipp42014

Medalist
SB for Albena & Max 2.0 but in 2nd! Tanith said the costume was so distracting that she took notice more of Lloyd's flaws!

Nora & Max is on!

apple123

On the Ice
anyone finds the flashlights from the stands quite annoying? they could distract the skaters

ARipp42014

Medalist
H/Z had a mistake in the twizzles. Let's see how costly that will be.

Well one thing for sure the level is going to drop.

I have to admit, the Uni Sports coverage is really refreshing without having Tom, Scott, and Sandra around. Nice to hear insights from Tan & Ben, Tara, and Johnny throughout the week. And of course always nice to hear Paul Wylie on the booth, but Peter needs to stop being so cheesy!

Close to SB and in 2nd! Brunette Katia & Ivan are up!

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Barring utter disaster for Meryl & Charlie, the three spots for the US are safe. It is now impossible for both of Samuelson & Bates and Navarro & Bommentre to finish outside the top eleven.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Barring utter disaster for Meryl & Charlie, the three spots for the US are safe. It is now impossible for both of Samuelson & Bates and Navarro & Bommentre to finish outside the top eleven.

That's a relief since it seems the judges low-balled S/B. Interested in seeing the protocols on that one.

Sackie

Medalist
Wonder if it is a trade off - low ball S/B and High ball D/W! Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened!

ARipp42014

Medalist
smoochies between Katia & Ivan! Nice recovery on her skirt and nice performance! Prefer the baby Russians but I doubt they will keep their 3 spots next year.

4th for them, go Kim & Brent!

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I've really enjoyed Tanith and Ben's commentary so far. They do the one thing good commentators should do- tell me how to watch this sport and what to pay attention to so I enjoy it more.