Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3 Skaters for Next Season - CANADA and USA

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If Kevin Reynolds can have a long overdue coach change and work with people who can actually groom him into a more complete skater, with his Quads, he could be a force. But first, I think he needs to leave Joanne MacLeod because she is not maximizing his potential.
    It still looks like he hasn't hit puberty, there's a possibility his jumps could abandon him once he fills out, he is beyondd thin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    It still looks like he hasn't hit puberty, there's a possibility his jumps could abandon him once he fills out, he is beyondd thin.
    Believe it or not, Kevin Reynolds is actually older than Patrick Chan by a few months. He most definitely hit his puberty already and yes, he is no longer a boy, even though he looks youngish. Also, he is actually quite tall. Look can be deceiving sometimes.

Custom Title
    Believe it or not, Kevin Reynolds is actually older than Patrick Chan by a few months. He most definitely hit his puberty already and yes, he is no longer a boy, even though he looks youngish. Also, he is actually quite tall. Look can be deceiving sometimes.
    Oh, ok. I assumed he was 16, but if he's 19, then yeah he won't likely grow much. I just looked on icenetwork, it says he's 5'10", I assumed he was shorter because he has a very tiny frame. Likely he will stay so slight, but it seems to work for him as his quads are great.
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-25-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Maybe K-Rey should move down to Cali and be coached by Frank! I mean Frank already had one quad king (Timothy) and one very consistent skater who just Gold in Vancouver (Evan). With some guidance, better constructed programs, and a "manover" (I'm sure Evan can help him make Kevin look more like a man and not a prepubescent girl), Kevin can be a threat to Chiddy.

You think Mroz has a chance for the 3rd spot should Evan and Johnny don't return?

Custom Title
    What about Joey Russell for Canada's third spot? I think Mroz does have a shot at the third spot for USA.

Custom Title
    Plushenko has to come back next year for Russia. One spot can't be trusted to Borodulin or Voronov. How does a skate blade break? And Voronov even though he just had a week to prepare bombed at Euros fully prepared.

Canadian Nationals is gonna get interesting next season! I can't believe I forgot Russell and J10!

As for Russia, Plushy should step aside and let Shaggy Artem have a chance (and redeem himself for the skate blade). Plus, Plushy at Worlds=no repeat for Daisuke!

On the Ice
    I forgot about Joey Russell. He could definitely fight Jeremy Ten for the third spot. However,there may be someone from Quebec that we haven't seen yet that will get that third spot. It is pity that Canada doesn't groom up and coming skaters as they do elsewhere.

Custom Title
    I wonder what would happen to Reynolds' quads if he went to Carroll. What is Carroll just going to stop saying quads are unnecessary?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Canadian Nationals is gonna get interesting next season! I can't believe I forgot Russell and J10!

As for Russia, Plushy should step aside and let Shaggy Artem have a chance (and redeem himself for the skate blade). Plus, Plushy at Worlds=no repeat for Daisuke!
    uh...Takahashi's scores in Torino would have beaten Plushenko comofortably... I don't understand why everyone just assumes Plushenko would win if he enters a competition.

uh...Takahashi's scores in Torino would have beaten Plushenko comofortably... I don't understand why everyone just assumes Plushenko would win if he enters a competition.
    Because he's Plushenko!

Another suggestion for Reynolds... go to Morozov! Then again he already have Oda and Javi (not to mention the lovely Miki).

Custom Title
    Takahashi would have beaten Plushenko by one point like Lysacek. Not really comfortable and of course Plushenko skipped worlds because he injured himself training for the second quad he was going to do in the long and even though he tried the quad flip Takahashi did not do it. Of course there is no guarantee that Plushenko would have landed his second.

Yeah, Canadian Nationals will be interesting next year. Chan and Reynolds have kind of set themselves up as 1 and 2, although Reynolds is not SURELY number 2. Chipeur said he was coming back next season and Sawyer didn't rule it out. I read an article that said he wasn't staying until Sochi, body can't take it, but didn't know if he would come back next season or not. If neither of them actually do come back my money's on Joey Russell. Jeremy Ten maybe, but he's been inconsistent lately and he has an injury too. I think the US team will be Abbott (if he's staying), Rippon and Mroz unless Bradley decides not to retire, which is unlikely. If Bradley comes back it would probably be Abbott, Rippon, and Bradley. Of course, if Evan or Johnny come back it's a whole other story. I think Evan is safe but Adam and Ryan could possibly beat Johnny.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by SK8LUVR View Post
    I agree, Kevin needs to leave Joanne MacLeod!!!! He has some much potential.....
    I think the exact same thing - we do not need another triple axel head case like Emanuel Sandhu....in fact, none of her skaters seem to have good axel jumps (i.e. Mira Leung, Emanuel, and Kevin's is not that great....Jeremy Ten's is probably the least yucky). I have also found her skaters to be a bit rough around the edges, even down to Mira's dirty skates and grey skate laces....

Custom Title
    I dont think Johnny or Evan are coming back, they have competed long enough , had very succesful carreers, and are now too busy enjoying the little fame spotlights they are getting post olys, why bother going back to hard and expensive training where you can appear in reality tv shows/contests??

That said, the 3 US men for next year will more likely be Abbott, Rippon and Mroz, with perhaps Miner, Dornbush or Mahbanoozadeh as dark horses.

For Canada, Its gonna be Chan, Reynolds and one of Ten or Russel. Sawyer and Chipeur are skaters of the past IMO.

For Japan, the team is locked already, though It kills me that Machida and Hanyu wont get their time to shine until another 2 -3 years..

For Russia, damn this sucks soo much, while they are not top of the field there plenty good enough russian boys that need the expeirence. I say, send Borodulin again, he's been improving and could crack the top 10 next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast