Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
I like Dai enough not to be sarcastic, but no, he did not really seem to have a quad yet. He had it in the program. This normally means that he would have decent success rates in practices and that's why I guess people are giving a credit for it. But his practice reports never sounded like that for months, even without music.
Today I heard him talk about his former Self before the injury who used to land two quads in the program. To me, he seems to be having difficulty accepting where he is now.
He says that all the quad attemps in the program have been practices for the future events. I think that this strategy works when you have decent success rates but have nerve problems. But attempting what you don't often succeed in practices does not seem a very helpful measure to take. In that stage, I personally prefer Evan's strategy: accept, let it go, and do one's best within one's given capacity.
I hope that he can remain patient a little longer and the day comes when he actaully has it back.
Very interesting. I love Takahashi as well, but I want to ask how realistic it is to try to get back the quad. Physically, is it possible? Takahashi's not exactly in the prime of his figure skating years, and when it comes to Takahashi, I don't mind having a quadless world champion, as he brings so much more to sport. Is it a smart strategy to attempt it every time or should he just "let it go" like you suggest? (Esp. as many people project that he will retire following 2011 Tokyo Worlds).