Ladies - LP | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

mishieru07

On the Ice
Whole post.

ITA. Placements are what ultimately matters so as long as the marks don't affect them, fine. Yu Na deserved to win over Lepisto though imo.

This has been utterly underwhelming, although we did witness a few skaters rising to the occassion and delivering relatively clean performances. I hope the Gala is much more relaxed and fun!

Speaking of which, when's the Gala?

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well, congratulations to Mao!!! Finally her quality triumphs. But Mirai... those little slips add up. I was hoping she would throw another jump in somewhere to make up those points, but I guess she didn't think she could. I'm afraid she'll beat herself up over the loss of that third spot.

So disappointed for Miki too. She did so well tonight and wasn't rewarded for it.

She couldn't as she already use up three combonations!! 3Lz+2T, 2A+3T, and 3Lo-2A seq. if she add it another 2T some where, the entire jump will get zero point.

Too bad the first 3LZ screw her big time. Is she land it the 3Lz+2T+2Lo combo, the bronze will be her!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's about right but i would switch Laura to 8th instead of Flatt and Flatt to 10th for free.

I can live with that. The thing is I really like Laura, but she should have been nowhere near the podium with a LP lacking so much technical content. 3 triples at this level is unacceptable.

Sazzy

Rinkside
Yuna:

(SP: 3F< + misses a spin + misses a position in SpSq) + ( FS: falls on 3S with no < + misses a 2A)
= still comes out top in FS
= comes out 2nd OVERALL.

I mean, Wow, what a lady --- Seriously, what chance does this lady leave for any other of her fellow skaters?

Btw, she got +2.2O (GOE) for her 3Lz+3T (FS); +2.00 for 3F (FS); 2A+3T (FS); and +1.80 for 3Lz+3T (SP).

Also a very BIG hand for Miki and Carolina, so good to see them giving so much more solid FS than in the olympics.

Well done for coming back from last year's performance for mao. Though, if she decides to compete next year, she'll have to address the 3A< issue.

figuristka

Medalist
I can live with that. The thing is I really like Laura, but she should have been nowhere near the podium with a LP lacking so much technical content. 3 triples at this level is unacceptable.

Laura is wonderful when she is on, but as i said before i would have been the happiest with Cynthia with bronze, would have really celebrated then. Miki could have deserved it too.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
OMG....Why should I bother pretending to be Chinese?I am Chinese indeed.
I think you can stop pretending to be Holmes right away....Diana Kim is a perfect nickname for her already in here,it's just you dont know this....

Hi I live in China. I was always wondering why Chinese figure fans hate Yu-na so much. Right after Yu-na won the OGM, my Chinese friends said, "But she got plastic surgery" and showed me movies on Tudou. When I asked one friend, she just said "Well, she's Korean. I don't like Koreans." It was disgraceful. Yu-na gets the most hate in Japan and China. I understand that some Mao bots probably do all the malicious stuff in Japan (just like Yu-na bots in Korea), but I don't understand why some Chinese hate her so much.

nothingmuch

Rinkside
Your English is fine but don't you see an inherent problem with the Chinese posters' hatred for Yuna? The whole thing about Yuna being over-scored is debatable to begin with as some people feel that judges are too hard on her at times. So if anything, you should hate the judging/judges not the skater. And I bet you anything if it was a Chinese skater getting "over-scored," y'all would be loving it.

First of all,thank you,LOL
I know my English is not bad,but sometimes I write in a very confusing style as many of my foreign friends has tole me/
And then,I have to say YES,she is innocent in front of the scores,but I cannot control other Chinese skating fans' mounths...BTW,I'd like to add one detail to this "Hatred"issure...it's more like an entertaining thing/You know,I also go to some other sports forums such as tennis,gymnastics(some sports similar to figure skating),and people just love nicknaming those players who wins not so fair and square,like Liukin,Ponor,and some tennis players who pretends to be injured to apply a break,while after that his/her forms are getting still better...
And it's just kind of a fashion to express their attitude and passion for them,I guess....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mao. Very nice performance. Mirai and Rachael what can I say pressure.
Mao's LP and Cynthia's LP were the highlights for me. The other ladies imo were lackluster today.

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
Congratulations Mao for winning the title with her best performances this season.

Congratulations for Yuna's bravery to show up after her peak and take the 4th consecutive worlds medal.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Quick Yuna interview http://kr.news.yahoo.com/sports/golf/view?aid=2010032801074035401

In Korean so I translated roughly:

I've been waiting for the season to be over. I'm happier now than at the end of the Olympic Games...

This season was so difficult....

I'm just glad I was able to overcome my difficulties here regardless of the result....

After the rehearsal, I felt like it was going to be impossible today as well. I was thinking about withdrawing after 2008 Worlds SP, and I felt the same way today after the dress rehearsal. I wasn't confident that I could perform my LP the way I wanted....

I started to feel better during warmup. I still have no idea what happened during the short program. Maybe I wasn't adjusted to the main rink? Anyway, I didn't have any problem w/ that...

I didn't have any physical problems or lacked stamina...

I'm just happy the season's over now.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well Olympic Gold >>>World Championships Gold, so lol

Well to be hornest it's the performance that counts!! Yuna deliver @ Olym and Mao deliver at this world and both performance are memorable. The only reason O might seem more glitterly is coz the whole world is watching!!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Miki lost her father as a little girl, often suffers from psychological issues, and shows great sympathy for others. She dedicated the requiem SP to a little boy with whom she promised to give a gold medal; he passed away.

Wow. What a woman. I will go rewatch her SP. Thank you for shedding new light on it! I think I might tear near the end. I'm rather on the mawkish side.

enlight78

Medalist
Cynthia need to work on her levels; her low levels and spin and footwork hurt her in the sp and lp; she could hav been easily third; miki just bomb the short

figuristka

Medalist
With the American ladies, and men not medalling , hope it does not hurt the sports popularity in USA, after the Olympics Evan and Johnny seemed to get alot of attention so looked more promising for the sport.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Well to be hornest it's the performance that counts!! Yuna deliver @ Olym and Mao deliver at this world and both performance are memorable. The only reason O might seem more glitterly is coz the whole world is watching!!

Also Oly happens every 4 yrs, while the Worlds happen annually. I think that has something to do w/ it too.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well, the problem is that if Yuna was scored relatively to her Olympic score, then the other skaters should have also been scored that way. Mao made two obvious errors at the Olympics and gets higher than she does now with a DG, which doesn't really seem right. :eek:hwell:

Mao got < on 3F (2 point) and pop 4T (zero)
Mao only get < on 3A (but still rack up 3.5) and she earns higher levels and GOE on her non jumps elements. But she did get lover PCS mark.