Ladies - LP | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really, when did that rule change? I thought it suppose to change next season, not this season.

PS: well, same thing for you guys too. If you don't like results, that's your opinion but you can't said that Yuna marks are inflated. That's not fair for Yuna and I don't like that.

People can say whatever they want. I'm looking through the rules and it doesn't really say anything about a 3A<-2T being invalid because she did a 2A.

Robeye

Final Flight
We could have said the same back in '07 when Yuna had the lead after her SP and then had a shaky, subpar LP.
You are basing Mirai's character and competitive abilty on what - 2 skates?
Before you start with the Yuna excuses - Mirai has a sick mother - she feels pressure too. She hasn't even been with her coach for a year yet.

I think Mirai messed up - but like the other girls said - she was really tired trying to train for this event. Yuna was not her best and either was Mirai. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I am not going to make a determination now that Yuna can't handle success - just as I won't decide Mirai can't handle it either.

This was kind of a no brainer for me. After the SP I was sure Mao had this championship. I knew Mirai would have to skate well to keep 3rd - and she didn't. I refuse to label her with anything yet. It is too early in her senior career.

I realize you're perhaps being ironical to prove a point, but to say "I am not going to make a determination now that Yuna can't handle success" and equate it with Mirai's case unecessarily harms the credibility of your basic premise. The girl only won the final Worlds before the Olys (which is probably second only to the Olympics itself in terms of hype and pressure, because it establishes the frontrunners), then proceeded to go undefeated with a perfect win record in the GPs including the final, culminating the season with about as perfect an OGM campaign as anyone has ever seen. What in the world are you talking about?

I do agree that Mirai is still too young to firmly stick a label on as of yet, but let's not go overboard with the false equivalencies.

Last edited:

wallylutz

Medalist
Urgh. 3A< is different from 2A. On CoR, she just rotated upto 2A, entirely different situation. Stop your trolling.

Regardless, up to three 2A is allowed in a LP and since they are not Triples, they don't need to be in combination in order to be repeated.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, I do think Yu-na should've spent more time practicing. She said she was lost as to what she wanted to do. She had just accomplished her life goal and was filled with an emptiness, couldn't really practice until a week before the competition (and she admitted to this before she performed her SP, so it's not just a lame excuse). I just wish Yu-na had been as hungry as Mao. She might have lost all the same, but sshe probably would not have made such uncharacteristic mistakes in the SP.

I think it is what it is. It's SO hard in any career to keep up to a high level of ability. People have off-nights. I think it's OK. And really if it was anyone else but Yu-na Kim, people would not make such a fuss about a program that was otherwise pretty clean. And really, if I could do that with such a lack of motivation in my job, I would find that inspring!

chachacha

Rinkside
People can say whatever they want. I'm looking through the rules and it doesn't really say anything about a 3A<-2T being invalid because she did a 2A.

then why you guy attack me for troll this and troll that when I say whatever I want. that's no fair either.

chloepoco

Medalist
Really, when did that rule change? I thought it suppose to change next season, not this season.

PS: well, same thing for you guys too. If you don't like results, that's your opinion but you can't said that Yuna marks are inflated. That's not fair for Yuna and I don't like that.

The difference is, you're saying Mao won only because the JAPANESE tech caller was in her favor.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
then why you guy attack me for troll this and troll that when I say whatever I want. that's no fair either.

How am I attacking you?! I'm just saying that people in this forum can say what they want and what I read on the ISU rules.

cooper

Medalist
Yuna's press interview is up on the web

It was a mentally difficult time, so I'm happy I was able to overcome my difficulties....

I was 1st in LP, and this is the 1st time winning silver at the Worlds, so I'm happy...

Oly was my biggest goal, and after I got the OGM I had nothing else I wanted / wished for, and physically and mentally I wasn't sure if I could do it again. Still I told myself to do the competition with a relaxed attitude. But when I actually got here it didn't go so well. (Yuna laughs)

I thought if I'm going to do it [competition], I should do it right. So though it wasn't perfect, I think I did okay.

There was a chance to win every competition this season, but I won't mind too much about silver at the Worlds....

No athlete can compete in the same condition all the time. You never know what's going to happen. So I can accept the result here. Gold isn't everything. I have no regrets....

When we [Mao & I] were in the jr circuit, everyone called us rivals. I didn't think at that time that this rival relationship would last this long. I believe the stress was very big for Mao and me both, but I think we overcame it well. So I think that's a great accomplishment....

The season just ended. I want to think about my future after I get some rest.

-------------------------

You can rest now Yuna! You earned it!

lavender

Record Breaker
I agree janetfan.

People are saying Yu na didn't practice as much. I heard she did but it was basically hard to get into it.

Last edited:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
i am still very upset about unfair judging of Mao's LP and Us could not recover 3 spots. But i really admire those two young american skaters, Rachael and Mirai. They accomplished so much. I see a lot of maturing in their skating, especially Mirai. Mirai will be one of the best next season. She is the whole package. If she poslishes her landing of jumps a little more, she will be the next world and Olympic champion. Some may say she needs to become stronger mentally, but I am sure that will come as she experiences more competitions. She has such a delightful character on ice and I am looking forward to see her next season. As for Rachael, I heard that she might devote herself in education. If so, I wish the best for her. Just like she became the best skater in the US. I am sure she can be the best scholar or doctor in US or in the world. If she still stays competing, I would be happy to see her develop a little speed and keep on smiling on the ice. I just loved her SP of this year. I enjoyed it very much.
Good Job and thank you ladies!! And please have a good rest with your family and friends you love!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it is what it is. It's SO hard in any career to keep up to a high level of ability. People have off-nights. I think it's OK. And really if it was anyone else but Yu-na Kim, people would not make such a fuss about a program that was otherwise pretty clean. And really, if I could do that with such a lack of motivation in my job, I would find that inspring!

It's very reminiscent of how the masses would react to a Michelle Kwan loss circa 1997-1999. As Dick Button was famously quoted, "anyone else can fall and you don't think twice about it, but when Michelle Kwan falls, it's headline news."

wallylutz

Medalist

You don't need to look any further, I can tell you with 100% certainty a downgraded jump is treated as the intented jump prior to its downgrade, not the value which it was assigned to. So a 3A< is considered a Triple Axel for all intented purpose. It is NOT count as a Double Axel as someone else falsely alledged.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yuna's press interview is up on the web

It was a mentally difficult time, so I'm happy I was able to overcome my difficulties....

I was 1st in LP, and this is the 1st time winning silver at the Worlds, so I'm happy...

Oly was my biggest goal, and after I got the OGM I had nothing else I wanted / wished for, and physically and mentally I wasn't sure if I could do it again. Still I told myself to do the competition with a relaxed attitude. But when I actually got here it didn't go so well. (Yuna laughs)

I thought if I'm going to do it [competition], I should do it right. So though it wasn't perfect, I think I did okay.

There was a chance to win every competition this season, but I won't mind too much about silver at the Worlds....

No athlete can compete in the same condition all the time. You never know what's going to happen. So I can accept the result here. Gold isn't everything. I have no regrets....

When we [Mao & I] were in the jr circuit, everyone called us rivals. I didn't think at that time that this rival relationship would last this long. I believe the stress was very big for Mao and me both, but I think we overcame it well. So I think that's a great accomplishment....

The season just ended. I want to think about my future after I get some rest.

-------------------------

You can rest now Yuna! You earned it!

Yes, I think Yu-na actually enjoys the rivalry. I mean it's funny how fans of both are so disrepectful of each other yet Yuna and Mao, in general, are very kind when they talk about the other. And quite frankly for us figure skating fans, it's amazing to see this rivalry over the years and the paths they have taken.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You don't need to look any further, I can tell you with 100% certainty a downgraded jump is treated as the intented jump prior to its downgrade, not the value which it was assigned to. So a 3A< is considered a Triple Axel for all intented purpose. It is NOT count as a Double Axel as someone else falsely alledged.

Yes, I agree with you. I just like reading the exact rules and getting the attribution. :)

ETA: But it is a problem though if she pops the jump to the 2A right? ala Cup of Russia?

chachacha

Rinkside
The difference is, you're saying Mao won only because the JAPANESE tech caller was in her favor.

I apology for that and I take it back then. I just felt so angry that many people bashing Yuna and said she didn't deserve the mark she got. But I kinda calm down now. However, I still do believe that Yuna can still win this world title if the judge give her partial credit for her spin.