Ladies - LP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

mishieru07

On the Ice
Yeah well congrats to the medallists and great job for those who did a fine job; Caro, Cynthia, Miki!

I've never been more confused by the scoring. Tis been two very underwhelming nights of skating.

nothingmuch

Rinkside
WatchVancouver/Artistry/UM84, is that you again with yet another ID? As long as you're pretending to be someone else, can you at least drop the "Diana"? Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm sorry,but I have to inform you of the fact that I'm brand new here:)
I'm from China,and "Diana Kim" is quite prevailling in our Chinese skating forum....we mostly dislike her,mainly for her overscoring all the time!She disgraces the Figure Skating for henceforth why shant we just award her the gold medal directly.

BTW,Sorry for my English writing,not in very good writing form:)

reynycpr

On the Ice
is mao the only person that was placed ahead of yuna during the past few seasons?

Yes overall. She did loose the LP as SA to Flatt and lost the SP at the GPF to Ando.

Edited...thought you where referring to this season... can't remember off hand that past couple seasons.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Tara said she could have competed with these ladies and that they need to learn how to handle pressure. Lipinski seems to be taking pages from Jamie Sale's book of putting your foot in your mouth. The ego has landed!

Well, if anyone could say such a thing....it's Tara. Her single-minded determination was frankly mind-boggling, especially for a 14-year old.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I overslept and got to see only the final flight - going to watch the rest taped online later on cbcsports. I'm excited Phaneuf got 5th and Canada keeps 2 spots!! 5th was more than I hoped for.. I thought she would just hang on for a top 10. Sucks that the American ladies bombed, poor Mirai, leading after the short and now 7th. I didn't see Yu-Na, but it was impressive and kind of expected that she'd pull up to a podium position. Congratulations to Laura for winning her first world medal. At least she didn't fall. I thought that Makarova had it until that splat near the end of the program. Too bad Miki and Akiko were so far back after the short.. Miki narrowly misses a medal again.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Congratulations to the podium. Thanks for showing up and making the effort at the end of a really long season.

Oh yes, I definetly agree with that.. deespite they all being tired it was so nice to see a ladies field with 28 of the 30 that competed at the olympics.. kudos to the ladies.

Ren

On the Ice
Congratulations to all the medalists! Not the competition I was expecting, but everyone must have been burnt out after Olys.

Congrats, Mao, on your second World title! Well done, Laura!

Congratulations, Yu-Na, for that brave performance and not giving up! Now pack your bags and go somewhere, maybe at the beach. I hope you come back next season. I'm hankering for a Yu-Na and Mao showdown in Japan next year. :)

LEESTARR

Rinkside
i don't understand how last year everyone blamed alissa and now oh its ok. whats up with that.

Sackie

Medalist
With her clean Skate and if she had received the PCS she should have got in the short - Cynthia would have had the bronze here! Still think she should have had it! Just goes to show that how ones skates during the whole season does come into play in the long run. Had she done better early in the season Cynthia would have had a better start number in the short and would have gotten better PCS marks! And who would have thought that Cynthia would be the top NA lady here at worlds!
Also means that Cynthia will be a seeded skater at the GP events next year and Joannie (if she stays in ) will not be! So the 2 of them could end up at the same events!

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm from China,and "Diana Kim" is quite prevailling in our Chinese skating forum....we mostly dislike her,mainly for her overscoring all the time!She disgraces the Figure Skating for henceforth why shant we just award her the gold medal directly.

"Diana Kim"?

...what is this/I don't even...what?

Johnnnn

On the Ice

BTW,Sorry for my English writing,not in very good writing form:)

lol In your fantasy world

mishieru07

On the Ice
:rolleye: Tara said she could have competed with these ladies and that they need to learn how to handle pressure. Lipinski seems to be taking pages from Jamie Sale's book of putting your foot in your mouth. The ego has landed!

Coming from someone who skipped Worlds post Olympics with a whole load of BS excuses? I'd like to see her compete against the current field; how about next year's Worlds?

krln99

Rinkside
Congrats to Mao. She proves she's still great. Yuna's overscoring is ridiculous! Laura's too! As for Mirai? It's another lesson learned. I'm not worried. She's still growing as a skater and has many years ahead of her. She'll bounce back.