Ladies - LP | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lepisto also seems to be breaking in - or the judges seem to be breaking her in - to the truly elite level of world skating. With this world medal she can continue to contend for medals in the future, assuming she doesn't pull a Sokolova or something.

In oly's she doubled "only" one jump. Here she had good lutz, at last. Next year she must have them both and include another lutz and she must learn to do to flip. There are so many talented skaters who can jump, Ksenia, Cynthia, Sarah H...for example and there are some girls who are not old enough for example in Russia.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
I don't get what the intention behind this post is.

yeah,many chinese and korean live in japan and have kinda of japanese name.
however taking a good look, their name don't sound like native japanese.
maybe she/he talks about my username is kind of that *sigh*

woshisunnya

Rinkside
yes she did. she did 2A-2t, triple flip, then 2A. She got 0 points at CoR, but not here... Grrr...

NO, she did a 3A2T but the 3A was DG so its 3A< and another 2A is fine.
In COR, her first attemp was way too short as a 3A so it marked as 2A but still short, so she got a 2A<, in this case, her 2A later i the SP didn't count

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Random comment: I was kind of hoping Yu-na would win here, not just because I'm a fan, but because it would be awesome to see a Yagudin-like grand slam of titles. Yu-na was close, winning TEB, SA, GPF and the Olympics, but not Worlds. I wish she had maintained her Olympic level of focus and practice, like Mao had. That would have made this competition so much more interesting. Hoping the Sochi OGM fulfills my little wish (and hoping this OGM is Mirai).

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Random comment: I was kind of hoping Yu-na would win here, not just because I'm a fan, but because it would be awesome to see a Yagudin-like grand slam of titles. Yu-na was close, winning TEB, SA, GPF and the Olympics, but not Worlds. I wish she had maintained her level Olympic level of focus and practice, like Mao had. That would have made this competition so much more interesting. Hoping the Sochi OGM fulfills my little wish (and hoping this OGM is Mirai).

Mao really had something to prove at the Worlds so she was hungier for the title. I don't think Yuna was -- since she won everything out there.

ana

On the Ice
Congratulations to medalist!:clap::)
I think Laura Lepisto was overscored!
I'm wrong?

Sazzy

Rinkside
If mao want to rightfully beat Yuna, she need to have a lot to work on. She need to have more choregraphy, difficult transition in and out of her jump. she need to learn how to interpret the music and acting when she skate. She need to do the real 3A, not the triple salchow with pre-rotation to pretent like a 3A.

I agree. I have to admit the long Yuna-mao 'rivalry' (is it really still?) has kept us fans completely thrilled.

Objectively, here is what I see in them - I mean, thing's I'd like to see in the skaters in the future. Given how technically superb they both are, in their own unique, distinctive ways, I know I'm already asking for far too much. But there you go.

Yuna:
- 3 Loop: I know she included this jump in the past until COR 2007? and I remember it being textbook, just like all other jumps she does in her routines. I know that she had had a massive fall on this jump/going to the boards in the SP in juniors (I remember the 05 world?); and I hear that this is one of her least favourite jumps. I think last time we saw her 3Lo was 4CC 2009, when she fell on it. She then announced that she's going to to leave this jump until after the Olympics, so if she decides to compete for seasons to come, it'd be superb to see the whole range of triples in her FS. This lady already is in the league of her own, as shown in the O, but I'm sure her FS routine can upgrade, technically. PCS will only follow suit. Wow. 150+? Seriously?

Yuna has surprised, well, me in the change of FS jump routine this year (09/10) so I know there always is a chance she'll amaze us yet again next season, which, hopefully will include 3Lo.

- 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T in one programme: To me, she performs the most gorgeous combinations, and it was a shame that we didn't get to see the latter this season. But, I've seen in many practices she does 3F+3T, so she clearly is keeping up with it. Good for her! Unfortunately though, this would mean she'll have to give up her another amazing combo, 2A+3T. But, she had performed 2A+3S in the past, and this should be just as good.

So, in my own little dream world, her new line up for FS looks something like: 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T, 2A+3S+2T (hang on, does 3Lz+2T+2Lo sound better?), 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S, 2A

- lastly, 3A or a quad. I know it sounds insane, but hey, one can dream. To me, she does some of the most powerful, fully-rotated jumps and seeing her 2A (especially in SP) this season, she may just be able to pull it off. As many has pointed out, she has great trajectory and maintains such tight rotations in the air, so if anyone can do it, my bet will be on hers. On a side note, apparently yuna suffered a big anti-climax crash and a lack of motivation following the big O? I mean, these should be enough to motivate her to compete again..

Mao:
- 3A: A shocking number of her 3A's were DG this season, including this very WC. I'm sure she'll work on her jumping mechanisms over the summer to improve upon this.

- 3Lz, 3S: Both toe jumps seemed to have completely disappeared off her routines. Would be good to see them back next season.

- 3-3: Also disappeared from her routines. I remember the time when she pulled off two 3-3 in one programme and going 'woah...'. I'm sure this will, too, be on her agenda over the summer.

Last edited:

sleepymom

Rinkside
I have to confess until yesterday that I was torn between wishing Yuna win and wishing Yuna lose, somewhat so that she wants to come back next season. I know, I am a selfish fan who wants to see Yuna's skating a bit more probably to Sochi, - and anther OGM for her :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai needs to be tougher. A world medal was hers to lose. She could've easily beaten Yuna and Laura if she'd just skated clean. Obviously being #1 puts too much pressure on her.

Well at least she avoids the Meissner curse. Rather rise gradually then come quickly and fall.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Mao really had something to prove at the Worlds so she was hungier for the title. I don't think Yuna was -- since she won everything out there.

See, that is the type of Yuna 'excuses" that are belittling to other skaters.

Mao won her second WC.....good for her. Yuna simply wasn't up to defending her title. That's the way it goes.
But don't try and tell us Yuna didn't care or lost because she had nothing to prove.

Mao won this event and deserves FULL credit. Yuna came second - and also deserves credit.

The excuses don't wash with me. Mao deserves full credit for winning.

sleepymom

Rinkside
chachacha
If it's not triple, then it's a double period, no excuse please.
Now you're just being unreasonable. The rule was changed to allow difference between downgraded triple and double. (And quad and triple) some seasons ago. If you don't like rule, that's your opinion but you can insist competition result should be different by your rule.

Last edited:

samba

On the Ice
I love Laura but I don't think she deserves Bronze for that many mistakes. Poor Mirai, hope she will come back stronger. She has the whole package, just her nerve that kills her.
She needs to believe in herself, hope Frank can fix her. I'm not sure why the judges do not like Mao, those low scores, however, she deserves gold. Congrats to all.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
See, that is the type of Yuna 'excuses" that are belittling to other skaters.

Mao won her second WC.....good for her. Yuna simply wasn't up to defending her title. That's the way it goes.
But don't try and tell us Yuna didn't care or lost because she had nothing to prove.

Mao won this event and deserves FULL credit. Yuna came second - and also deserves credit.

The excuses don't wash with me. Mao deserves full credit for winning.

Well, I do think Yu-na should've spent more time practicing. She said she was lost as to what she wanted to do. She had just accomplished her life goal and was filled with an emptiness, couldn't really practice until a week before the competition (and she admitted to this before she performed her SP, so it's not just a lame excuse). I just wish Yu-na had been as hungry as Mao. She might have lost all the same, but sshe probably would not have made such uncharacteristic mistakes in the SP.

chachacha

Rinkside
Now you're just being unreasonable. The rule was changed to allow difference between downgraded triple and double. (And quad and triple) some seasons ago. If you don't like rule, that's your opinion but you can insist competition result should be different by your rule.

Really, when did that rule change? I thought it suppose to change next season, not this season.

PS: well, same thing for you guys too. If you don't like results, that's your opinion but you can't said that Yuna marks are inflated. That's not fair for Yuna and I don't like that.

wallylutz

Medalist
Skater can include each jump twice in the program, but third attempt to same jump is worth 0. Rules are worth of studying. Edit: Not too many jumps, though, I cannot remember how many.

You can do up to 3 Double Axels in a LP and they don't need to be in combination.