Ladies - LP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

janetfan

Match Penalty
Really? What did she say? I'm relying on play by play right now. Not watching any feeds. :)

Tara wasn't too rough - but Cynthia had no spark - not expressive enough. I disagree and thought she had a pretty good skate.

raress

On the Ice
Hope Carolina will do well , it's time now in front of her crowd!!!:)
Lepisto have big changes to make the podium!!
And MAO will win!:X

Katiekk12

Spectator
awww... big claps for Julia.... is it her last competition? like Cynthia's LP, she really pulled it up

Miki did good job too. like to see her smile.

For Yuna. well she got over 130 when she missed the flip in Paris. So it was predictable. actually thought it might be a little higher

figuristka

Medalist
Shame i never watched Julia too closely, i thought she did not seem too bad. Iam glad Miki and Cynthia both skated well, Miki was more expressive than Cynthia, but iam so pleased at how Cynthia skated. Cannot wait for next group, go Mao, Laura, and Mirai. Hope Ksenia skates well too.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why is Miss skip 98 Worlds Tara Lipinski giving Yu-Na criticism for not having the fire to defend her World title as the Olympic Champion? Hypocrite, much?

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I'm a little tired of Johnny and Tara going on and on how Yuna doesn't makes mistakes. She has made mistakes in the past. Everyone makes them. Her PCS were a little high also. She didn't deserve any 8's.

Sackie

Medalist
Had Joannie come to worlds I am not so sure after that skate by Cynthia that Joannie would have been the top Canadian here. We have seen Joannie really struggle this year when she does not have the correct training and focus, and I really do not think she would have been able to outskate Cynthia here!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Tara was really knocking Cynthia - very strange to me as I thought Cynthia did great

Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
Why is Miss skip 98 Worlds Tara Lipinski giving Yu-Na criticism for not having the fire to defend her World title as the Olympic Champion? Hypocrite, much?

Actually, I think Tara was saying she had done everything she set out to do and she had no motivation to continue. I thought it was rather honest of her.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Tara is someone who strikes me as a person who could not come to grips with success at an early stage. And someone who has been searching for something meaningful for a long time.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which made ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.

Yea, I guess you are right. I like Miki - but not her programs so much this season.
But I thought Miki showed a little more spark today - and tara still said she was flat.