Ladies - LP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Bennett

Record Breaker
I saw the protocol and feel that Mao's PCS was rather low both at SP and LP. Miki has been receiving low PCS lately, too. Mirai dropped in her PCS in LP compared to SP. I would not comment if these are justifiable because I have watched only SP yet.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did anyone else just hear all that behind the scenes stuff?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, typical Universal Sports to leave the audio (and sometimes video) feed running even after the program is over. It's interesting, but a little cringeworthy as well (as you never know what someone will say or do, and they don't seem to remember they are being filmed).

I like Peter's idea of this being a continued skating show, though. They can have a lot more guests and rotate people involved and all.

hellcat

Rinkside
I don't think Mao winning the 2008 World title was "unbelievable". She fell on her 3A in the LP, but she did place 2nd in the LP, 1st overall anyways. Yu-Na, who won the LP, would have won the title if she didn't make a major mistake in her short, which put her considerably back coming into the long (Mao had a clean SP). I think people need to remember that there are in fact two phases of a figure skating competition--to use the old cliche, you can't win a competition in the SP but you can for sure lose one.

Carolina's silver, however, is much more debateable.

The only problem for me was that Mao spend about 20 sec doing nothing much after that disasterous fall - that was worst fall ever I've seen from her.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Wallylutz,YES. BIG TIME. Yuna messed up some jumps but that is not so importatnt. To me that program was so flat. There is nothing appeling about it. She was skating almost like "Whatever" Her spins were awfully slow and that was terrible footwork. There is no doubt in my mind that Yuna has been overscored. It is RIDICULOUS!!

Yuna PCS is a joke!! 65+ for program with a fall, tentative and skating like, 'god, it's finished yet!!'
She totally looks like she doesn't even wants to be in here.

chloepoco

Medalist
Just a thought to those screaming bloody murder re: Kim's scores...first, I am not partial to either Kim or Asada, but can you please tell me how many Triple-Triple did Asada do for you to scream murder and cursing the judges? When you answer that question. Can you then tell me how many triple-triple or double-triple did Kim do? So now that you know one of Asada's Triple Axel is downgraded, which lost roughly 5~6 points on that jump alone, do you still feel Asada was undermarked?

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yuna has been especially overscored since 2009 season.
Something must have changed since then....really.
I believe many people ( except Korean people) think her score is overscored. Today , the contradiction came to be much clear, cause it seems only Yuna was extremely over scored today.

Yuna scored 150 w/ perfect LP, and 130 w/ a fall on 3S and a popped 2A. I don't see anything wrong w/ her score.

Ren

On the Ice
I don't think Mao winning the 2008 World title was "unbelievable". She fell on her 3A in the LP, but she did place 2nd in the LP, 1st overall anyways. Yu-Na, who won the LP, would have won the title if she didn't make a major mistake in her short, which put her considerably back coming into the long (Mao had a clean SP). I think people need to remember that there are in fact two phases of a figure skating competition--to use the old cliche, you can't win a competition in the SP but you can for sure lose one.

Carolina's silver, however, is much more debateable.

Er, I didn't say that Mao winning 2008 Worlds was unbelievable. I was reacting to Johnnnn's post that 2008 Worlds gold and silver was unbelievable. I do know that there are two parts of a competition. :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Totally agree
The score of Kim's is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig joke

Really? That's your first post? I expect to see a lot of Yu-na hating after this. I think I'll have to take a break from the forum for a while...

As for the scoring, I also thought it was unfair that Yu-na won Mao in the LP, but I want to see the protocals before saying too much. The PCS doesn't really work. Mao should've received more for two great performances. I have, however, recently joined that group of fans who think scores don't really matter, as long as they make no difference in placing. No one will remember exact scores years from now. What really matters is who got what medal. Mao definitely deserved the gold medal. She was the only highlight (with Mirai's SP) in an underwhelming event. When was the last time she put together two programs as great as those? I'm so glad she ended a supposed slump season on a high note to prove all of her doubters wrong. Now that she's proven she can do heavy music + win, I'm hoping she will return to music that really fits her :) I think Yu-na deserved silver. Who else should've received it? Laura who doubled almost every jump in her LP? This was a very underwhelming Worlds. Remember, Yu-na did 3Lz-3T, 3Lz, 3F and 2A-3T, which gives her the technical edge over Laura. She got all the big jumps down and did just enough to win in a splatfest. If Yu-na had received gold with those performances, I would've been very upset, but she got silver. Relax. There is some hope to figure skating. I don't really mind Laura winning bronze either. If Miki had done a bit better in the SP, I would've definitely rallied for her bronze, but Laura had the upperhand there. Laura has amazing qualities many current skaters lack. I just love to watch her skate. I probably wouldn't mind watching her performance minus jumps. Actually, I think I would prefer that ;). Mirai was my other highlight. She is the future. I hope she doesn't beat herself up for the LP. Not everyone medals at their first Worlds. Recently, only Mao and Yu-na did in 2007, and well, you know, they're out of this world when they're on.

nothingmuch

Rinkside
Actually, Miki reminds me of Princess Diana with all the emotional ups and downs, dramas, softheartedness, and healing quality.

Yes,her skating performance has something blue inside and very plaintively consolatory==dont know how to describe literally in English...bUT I would say I totally agree with you...

Cerulean

Rinkside
I'm sorry,but I have to inform you of the fact that I'm brand new here:)
I'm from China,and "Diana Kim" is quite prevailling in our Chinese skating forum....we mostly dislike her,mainly for her overscoring all the time!She disgraces the Figure Skating for henceforth why shant we just award her the gold medal directly.

BTW,Sorry for my English writing,not in very good writing form:)

Your English is fine but don't you see an inherent problem with the Chinese posters' hatred for Yuna? The whole thing about Yuna being over-scored is debatable to begin with as some people feel that judges are too hard on her at times. So if anything, you should hate the judging/judges not the skater. And I bet you anything if it was a Chinese skater getting "over-scored," y'all would be loving it.

miki88

Medalist
Well, the problem is that if Yuna was scored relatively to her Olympic score, then the other skaters should have also been scored that way. Mao made two obvious errors at the Olympics and gets higher than she does now with a DG, which doesn't really seem right. :eek:hwell:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I saw the protocol and feel that Mao's PCS was rather low both at SP and LP. Miki has been receiving low PCS lately, too. Mirai dropped in her PCS in LP compared to SP. I would not comment if these are justifiable because I have watched only SP yet.

I thought Mao's PCS was on the low side (on PE and IN, perhaps), even I don't like her LP--she really sold the heck out of her program. Mirai definitely deserved a PCS drop--her LP definitely lacked the exuberance and sheer joy that her SP had in spades. Plus her mistakes really detracted from the overall performance.

I missed Miki's LP, so I'll reserve my opinion until I see it on Youtube.

Makareva - a bit stiff legged (shades of Butryskaya), and all Tech (shades of Slutskaya) I think, however, that will be ironed out by next season.
Flat - needs to get more pizazz. That can take awhile.
Phaneuf - Wow, back in the saddle again. Can she increase her jump level?
Nagasu - a bad hair day, She'll either learn from this or go deeper down the drain.
Ando - Fine. just never been interested in that posture.
Lepisto - Lovely skater with great musical feeling, but she needs more gumption.
Kim - get with it. ya cant do that at worlds.
Asada - all tricks and no style, but a good win in this lackluster field.

Overall - just not the most interesting Ladies worlds I've seen

Bennett

Record Breaker
Healing quality...?

Miki lost her father as a little girl, often suffers from psychological issues, and shows great sympathy for others. She dedicated the requiem SP to a little boy with whom she promised to give a gold medal; he passed away.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Er, I didn't say that Mao winning 2008 Worlds was unbelievable. I was reacting to Johnnnn's post that 2008 Worlds gold and silver was unbelievable. I do know that there are two parts of a competition. :)

Oh, I was replying to Johnnnn's post too, but must have accidentally quoted yours. Sorry!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Carolina's bogus '08 silver changed Yukari's career - but still I blame JSF for that....

I agree. Yukari deserved a medal, and that could've changed her international results. I don't get how JSF is involved though. Could you please explain?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Gutted for Mirai, but it really was a lot to ask of her, considering that even a few months ago, she was self-destructing in programs. She probably feels horrible right now; not just for herself but for the fact that she wasn't able to get a third spot for the US next year. It's not the end of the world; they can make it up next year. But still, that's got to hurt.

Her score was so, so, so low; I imagine that she got multiple DG's? That's the only way I can figure that out. I don't understand how Yuna scored thirty points higher with a fall and single, but her other jumps must have been better.

It's okay, Mirai...so the future didn't start today. Be happy with what you've been able to accomplish this season, and go in with confidence and fight to the next!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well, Laura got 106 in euros with 2 triples, now she gets 114 with 3 triples and one is lutz and propalby it was the first time good lutz of few she has done it. So the "line" has been quite similar all time. Ksenia propably suffered in the SP because of being nr2 skater in Russia, they left room for Alena. I would have ranked also her ahead of Laura.