Ladies - LP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

katymay

Medalist
Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which made ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.

I agree, and I thought Cynthia DID emote, feel the music, AND cover the ice well. Totally disagreed with Tara on Cynthia. The Canadian women could use a new dress designer however-didn't like Cynthia's dress or Joanies Olympic dress.

Ren

On the Ice
Why is Miss skip 98 Worlds Tara Lipinski giving Yu-Na criticism for not having the fire to defend her World title as the Olympic Champion? Hypocrite, much?

Wow, that's rich, coming from her. Considering the pressure Yu-Na was under all season, performing those 2 great skates at the Olympics, having to go home to Korea then back to Toronto within the span of a few days, catching a cold and still having the will to go on... The girl is tired. It's admirable that she's performed as well as she could under the circumstances. Yu-Na should be on a beach somewhere, away from the media and her hectic life, but no, she decides to defend her title and help grab spots for Korea. Really, Tara...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Had Joannie come to worlds I am not so sure after that skate by Cynthia that Joannie would have been the top Canadian here. We have seen Joannie really struggle this year when she does not have the correct training and focus, and I really do not think she would have been able to outskate Cynthia here!

:confused: Cynthia has strugged a lot more than Joannie this season. Have you already forgotten Skate Canada and the Olympics?

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow Cynthia got a clean skate? OMG I can't wait to see that later today. She saved the Canadian ladies. Ah if only Joannie was there and then 3 spots would've been secured.

At least Yuna will finish no lower than 7th.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam not sure Carolina has beaten the score of Cynthia this season, Cynthia may end up beating her in the free, unless she pulls out a good performance. Hope she does not bomb like Olympics though, would be sad if that happend in Italy.

Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.
Agree. I like Tara but sometimes she rubs her dislike in way too hard. It was ironic with Miki because Miki was skating really well, with emotion and lovely smiles!

cooper

Medalist
Yu-na interview on Rai sport right now:

She said it was the hardest tourney of her career because it was so close after the Olys and she is very happy with her result,she knows she missed a few jumps but she did the best she could.

I'm proud of Yuna! It's time to get a rest that you totally deserves and celebrate with your family!

Last edited:

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
If Mirai gets a few DG's or mistakes, or if Mao UR's a 3-a it could mean that Yu-Na will win. How sucky would that be? I mean, Yu-Na, you're great but I don't think she should be winning Worlds in that kind of way, being the best of a splatfest.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Surprised but happy that Cynthia delivered; Canada still has 2 spots! Well done (And no, I remember being totally devestated for her after SC - wasn't it something like 4 falls?)

Final flight having warm up! Good luck everyone!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yu-na interview on Rai sport right now:

She said it was the hardest tourney of her career because it was so close after the Olys and she is very happy with her result,she knows she missed a few jumps but she did the best she could.

I'm proud of Yuna! It's time to get a rest that you totally deserved and celebrate with your family!

I'm proud of her too! At least she had the guts to show up and compete, unlike a certain 1998 Olympic Champion.

ranjake

Final Flight
I'm liking Tara...(hides). I'm sorry if she's dissing your favorites, that stinks. But it's been shocking how likable she has been to me, because I REALLY disliked her when she was skating. She still looks so young, and I think very pretty. She seems like she has a cute personality now. Of course I love Johnny. He cracks me up the way he says "mr. Carruthers". And why does he insist on calling Charlie White "Charles"?

Go final group!

miki88

Medalist
If Mirai gets a few DG's or mistakes, or if Mao UR's a 3-a it could mean that Yu-Na will win. How sucky would that be? I mean, Yu-Na, you're great but I don't think she should be winning Worlds in that kind of way, being the best of a splatfest.

Well, I think they should give 130 even if she makes mistakes or else it's just so unfair. I am hoping either Mao or Mirai win this because if Yuna wins with subpar performances; it's just underwhelming.