Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Shame i never watched Julia too closely, i thought she did not seem too bad. Iam glad Miki and Cynthia both skated well, Miki was more expressive than Cynthia, but iam so pleased at how Cynthia skated. Cannot wait for next group, go Mao, Laura, and Mirai. Hope Ksenia skates well too.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Why is Miss skip 98 Worlds Tara Lipinski giving Yu-Na criticism for not having the fire to defend her World title as the Olympic Champion? Hypocrite, much?

Custom Title
    I'm a little tired of Johnny and Tara going on and on how Yuna doesn't makes mistakes. She has made mistakes in the past. Everyone makes them. Her PCS were a little high also. She didn't deserve any 8's.

Custom Title
    Had Joannie come to worlds I am not so sure after that skate by Cynthia that Joannie would have been the top Canadian here. We have seen Joannie really struggle this year when she does not have the correct training and focus, and I really do not think she would have been able to outskate Cynthia here!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Tara was really knocking Cynthia - very strange to me as I thought Cynthia did great
    Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.
    Last edited by hikki; 03-27-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Why is Miss skip 98 Worlds Tara Lipinski giving Yu-Na criticism for not having the fire to defend her World title as the Olympic Champion? Hypocrite, much?
    Actually, I think Tara was saying she had done everything she set out to do and she had no motivation to continue. I thought it was rather honest of her.

LOL, I didn't know what to expect when Peter says, "Johnny has an announcement to make here."

Custom Title
    Who is Tara commentating for?

Custom Title
    Tara is someone who strikes me as a person who could not come to grips with success at an early stage. And someone who has been searching for something meaningful for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which made ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.
    Yea, I guess you are right. I like Miki - but not her programs so much this season.
    But I thought Miki showed a little more spark today - and tara still said she was flat.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Tara was quite negative towards Miki, too, which made ruined Miki's performance for me! I like her but she should learn to be more succinct and brief.
    I agree, and I thought Cynthia DID emote, feel the music, AND cover the ice well. Totally disagreed with Tara on Cynthia. The Canadian women could use a new dress designer however-didn't like Cynthia's dress or Joanies Olympic dress.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Wow, that's rich, coming from her. Considering the pressure Yu-Na was under all season, performing those 2 great skates at the Olympics, having to go home to Korea then back to Toronto within the span of a few days, catching a cold and still having the will to go on... The girl is tired. It's admirable that she's performed as well as she could under the circumstances. Yu-Na should be on a beach somewhere, away from the media and her hectic life, but no, she decides to defend her title and help grab spots for Korea. Really, Tara...

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackie View Post
    Had Joannie come to worlds I am not so sure after that skate by Cynthia that Joannie would have been the top Canadian here. We have seen Joannie really struggle this year when she does not have the correct training and focus, and I really do not think she would have been able to outskate Cynthia here!
    Cynthia has strugged a lot more than Joannie this season. Have you already forgotten Skate Canada and the Olympics?

Wow Cynthia got a clean skate? OMG I can't wait to see that later today. She saved the Canadian ladies. Ah if only Joannie was there and then 3 spots would've been secured.

At least Yuna will finish no lower than 7th.

Iam not sure Carolina has beaten the score of Cynthia this season, Cynthia may end up beating her in the free, unless she pulls out a good performance. Hope she does not bomb like Olympics though, would be sad if that happend in Italy.

Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast