Ladies - LP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Robeye

Final Flight
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! I am DISGUSTED by this unfair scoring.There is somthing wrong with the system here.It is reallysickening. How Yuna can beat Mao with that skating?????????? I just hate this so somuch.

Look, the TES and PCS are one not one and the same. If after watching the entire season you didn't get the message that Mao's program as currently structured would never get the highest nod for "artistic impression", then you weren't paying attention.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Did you see the slowmo? I thought anyone could clearly see it unless they don't know where the 1/4 mark is. She has 3/8 prerotation instead of 1/8 like others (except Lysacek) so even if she lands backward the total revolution in the air is a little less than 3 or little more than 3. The problem is that getting DG on 3A is so severe (8.2 to 3.5 + -GOE) so that's a lot of points left on the table.

That's why I said on the nake eyed .. To need really slow motion footage to scrutinize the slightest UR does not any good to the fairness of the system.

hauteor

On the Ice
Yes, she was hungry. And she looked much more confident than at the Olys. It's too bad she couldn't have put this performance down in Vancouver, but I think she's really improving.

She was hungry at the Olympics too but so was Kim, here Yu-Na was barely even trying. Maybe Yu-Na is depressed, so much success and achievements behind her- she's rich as hell, won every medal they make and she's just 19 years old, I guess that can feel like ones life is sort of over, professionally, while still so young and her entire life still ahead of her. Yu-Na looked bored out of her mind, like a child whose being forced to go to practice by their parents, whereas Mao was enthusiastic, glowing even (not that I like her program, far from it) so I find it strange that she did not beat Kim in the FS. Hope Mao chooses a more organic theme for herself next season. As for Kim- perhaps we're in for some years of rebellion from her?

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Look, the TES and PCS are one not one and the same. If after watching the entire season you didn't get the message that Mao's program as currently structured would never get the highest nod for "artistic impression", then you weren't paying attention.

Even so, I found Yuna's skate problematic in a few of the categories judged in PCS. You, too, need to realize that Program Components are not the same as Artistic Impression...