Ladies - LP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

roots

Rinkside
It is amazing that someone who is 6th in the long with 3 triples can win a bronze medal. i think she was overmarked big time.

Why is Lepisto always getting gifted like this, she ONLY landed 3 triples and still gets a respectable score, I'm not buying it!

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Oy, for this I got up early? :p The same top two switch places and some other skater I don't care about taking bronze.

Feel so bad for Mirai. Lot of luuurve to her.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I am sad for Mirai, but happy for Mao. Let's face it, if there are "Skate Gods", they absolutely HATE an undefeated season. I think the last one was Brian Joubert.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Maybe should have sent Ashley...........

That's an awful thing to say. We can say all of this after the fact, but we don't know how Ashley would have done. Mirai earned the spot fair and square at Nationals, and the officials made the right decision to send Mirai. Yes, she made mistakes here, but give her a break.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Well, at least Mao ends this troublesome season with another world championship. Wait, what did you say? She has TWO World Championships? And Yu-Na has one? Yu-Na better stay on for one more season!

figuristka

Medalist
I forgot Miki was not ahead of Laura overall, I loved Laura at Olympics but somehow here seemed strange if she gets -bronze with that free skate.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Well, at least Mao ends this troublesome season with another world championship. Wait, what did you say? She has TWO World Championships? And Yu-Na has one? Yu-Na better stay on for one more season!

Well Olympic Gold >>>World Championships Gold, so lol

mishieru07

On the Ice
I'm not getting Laura's scores. I do like watching her but can someone please explain why she scored so high despite landing only 3 triples? I don't get it.

I hope all the skaters go for a good holiday after this. They look so burnt out.

ryoko

Rinkside
Congrats to Mao, this lp had more fire than the oly one. :agree:
My heart goes to Mirai :cry: don't cry dear, you ARE the bright future and no one will question that.
It was a difficult competition for all.
Oh and Yuna, I hope you finally get some rest you deserve! What a brave moment to step up like that in lp!

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I know Miki was very lucky to move up some spots, but I think Laura shouldn't have been ahead of Miki.

:disapp:

I think Miki deserves that bronze!

Sus

Rinkside
Ok, Makarov's scores were nasty. I'm glad Mao won, because the rest was awful.

CONGRATS MAO!

Jasper

Final Flight
Makarova was great! Gorgeous jumps all around, besides the fall at the end - what a shame.

Also, Nagasu's flow over the ice and stretch and posture are all top notch. To me, it's crazy she lost to Lepisto with just three measly triples.