Ladies - LP | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

chachacha

Rinkside
Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.

If mao want to rightfully beat Yuna, she need to have a lot to work on. She need to have more choregraphy, difficult transition in and out of her jump. she need to learn how to interpret the music and acting when she skate. She need to do the real 3A, not the triple salchow with pre-rotation to pretent like a 3A.

Nadia01

Final Flight
whatever, mao won gold was just b/c it's that japanese tech caller cheated and didn't downgrade the double jump in combo. Her spiral should have been level 1 too b/c she did not held the position long enough.

As a Yuna fan, I found the tech caller VERY FAIR, regardless of his nationality. He applied his motto to everyone equally: when in doubt, downgrade.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This is how you know somebody's favorite skater didn't do so well.

And it never happens that everybody are pleased to results. Well, nobody questioned Katarina Witt's or Kristi Yamaguchi's wins in Olympics, but we did not have internet with discussion boards on those times.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Love the Japanese skaters! (that also includes Nobu, Yoshie, Yukina Ota) :love:

Congrats to all the medalists. I am particularly proud of Mao for her accomplishments after such a difficult season. Looking to the future, I hope Mirai and Rachel will look at this as another "learning" experience and build from it.

Good for Cynthia Phaneuf for securing 2 spots for Canada.

ITA - especially about Cynthia. She really held it together and most Canadians appreciate the extra pressure she felt.
Well done for Cynthia!

lavender

Record Breaker
I think Mao will have better programs next season but a great ending for her to win the title. If only Mirai did okay I can be more excited. It's good to see that Mirai still scored pretty good in the pcs.....4th behind mao, miki and yuna.

Last edited:

hellcat

Rinkside
Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.

As a Yuna fan, I think Yuna's much stronger in 2nd and/or 3rd jump in 3/2, 2/3, 3/2/2 combo than Mao. Not just the height and speed. You can even notice the gap between jumps are different. But I liked Mao's 3/2/2 in this LP. That was much better than Olympic's. Not much gap between jumps.

Also, the spread-eagle to 2a. Mao changes her foot to start 2A. In spin, her foot change was too noticable.

miki88

Medalist
I just Mirai's interview. She's so disappointed with her performance and had tears in her eyes. :cry: I hope she doesn't beat herself too much for this; she did really well here.

Sazzy

Rinkside
As a Yuna fan, I found the tech caller VERY FAIR, regardless of his nationality. He applied his motto to everyone equally: when in doubt, downgrade.

haha, I thought the official guideline is: when in doubt, always give the benefit of the doubt for the skaters? ;)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
And Sweden got 2 spots as well, that is a suprise and congratulations to Victoria. This is strange, they have on ly 1 spot in Euros and 2 in Worlds. It is very likely to be Helgerssons' sisters in worlds next year.

chloepoco

Medalist
I'm happy Mao ended her season as a World Champion; and Yuna coming back after her SP, how impressive is that?!

miki88

Medalist
As a Yuna fan, I think Yuna's much stronger in 2nd and/or 3rd jump in 3/2, 2/3, 3/2/2 combo than Mao. Not just the height and speed. You can even notice the gap between jumps are different. But I liked Mao's 3/2/2 in this LP. That was much better than Olympic's. Not much gap between jumps.

Also, the spread-eagle to 2a. Mao changes her foot to start 2A. In spin, her foot change was too noticable.

Well, she was doing a change foot combination. :sheesh:

Nadia01

Final Flight
I just Mirai's interview. She's so disappointed with her performance and had tears in her eyes. :cry: I hope she doesn't beat herself too much for this; she did really well here.

Mirai needs to be tougher. A world medal was hers to lose. She could've easily beaten Yuna and Laura if she'd just skated clean. Obviously being #1 puts too much pressure on her.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think Mao will have better programs next season but a great ending for her to win the title. If only Mirai did okay I can be more excited.

I am sad for Mirai too - but she did not skate well today. Hope she comes back more determined.
Don't forget this was her first Worlds. I see a bright futire for her.

It will be so interesting if Mao and Yuna both stick around - but i have a feeling Yuna is done. And why not? She may decide top start the nest chapter of her life which would be serious Univerity studies.....not to mention a more normal, non-sequestered lifestyle.

If Yuna continues - I say great for her and extra great for skating!

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
But there are sooooooooo many Koreans and Chinese living in Japan and some of them have Japanese name as well. It seems you are one of them AYAYUKI ITUKA? ITUKA?
it combined my name-two of my friends' name.
i know some japanese hate korean. i think you are one of them.
but you shouldn't care that when you are watching any kind of sports.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I am sad for Mirai too - but she did not skate well today. Hope she comes back more determined.
Don't forget this was her first Worlds. I see a bright futire for her.

It will be so interesting if Mao and Yuna both stick around - but i have a feeling Yuna is done. And why not? She may decide top start the nest chapter of her life which would be serious Univerity studies.....not to mention a more normal, non-sequestered lifestyle.

If Yuna continues - I say great for her and extra great for skating!

I don't know if you saw the interview I posted, but Yuna said she's just happy the season's over. She's happier now than she was after the Oly that it's all over.

ks777

Record Breaker
but don't you think that it no fair. She missed it but she went back to it right away, and did a beautiful fast spin. She should earn partial credit for that since she completed it. Not 0 points.

It has nothing to do with the japanese tech caller how Yuna messed up her SP. Are you implying that the tech caller was japanese and therefore Yuna got 0 points for her layback?:think:

I don't know why people in China hate Yuna.. I have to say they are jealous because Yuna has it all.

I hope Yuna can go on a long vacation no that the season is over. Hopefully she will stay in for another 4 yrs.

I am so sad for Mirai. I hope she works harder and come back strong next season!

As for Mao, I am still not liking her programs. I hope she find a really good coach and a choreographer.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yes, but as you said, at least he was consistent across the board!

I like that about him though. That way, the final placement is fair.

I don't care how strict or lenient tech callers are. I just want them to be consistent.