Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Rinkside
    In my opinion,
    The LP score for Kim is a big joke.
    Mao clearly should have been first in the LP.
    Laura was helped by her short. I would be happy if either Carolina or Cynthia won the bronze medal.

Now I really miss Michelle , Sasha, Irina, and Shizuka. They could just come on the ice, land two 3 toes, and two 3 sals, and one of the other type of triple + lots of 2 axels, then they will definitely have a shot on winning a bronze medal. lol

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by LEESTARR View Post
    i don't understand how last year everyone blamed alissa and now oh its ok. whats up with that.
    Just about everybody got screwed/ bombed this year; Amano is quite possibly the strictest Tech Controller there is. And not just the Ladies, it was the same situation across all the disciplines. Hell, I thought even V/M and D/W seemed tired even though they delivered outstanding skates.

I'll cut the skaters some slack. It's been very underwhelming but they're exhausted, and understandably so.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlining View Post
    Let's look on the bright side.
    Yuna now has the only color that had been missing from her collection of Worlds medals.
    Can't believe I might have just seen Yuna's last performance in competitive skating.

Congrats to Mao and the rest of the girls.
    This must have been a very difficult competition for everyone.
    I think ISU should seriously consider getting rid of the Worlds in Olympic years.
    No way - Worlds go on and sometimes we are surprised by the results. But for skaters not at the Olympics - or skaters looking for redemption it is a good thing having Worlds in an Olympic season

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    "Diana Kim"?

...what is this/I don't even...what?

Dont you know that Kim is considered as perfect as Princess Diana,hence the "title"....

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    "Diana Kim"?

...what is this/I don't even...what?
    Orser once said in interview that being with Yuna in Korea is like traveling with Princess Diana. Since then there has been some sour grapes calling her "Diana" for no reason.
    No fans ever call her "Diana." In fact, there was only one person who started calling her "Diana" in Golden Skate (UM84/Artistry/Watchvancouver... they are same person).
    I am assuming that this might be the same person as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanettetan View Post
    is mao the only person that was placed ahead of yuna during the past few seasons?
    Miki beat Yuna at the Worlds (when Miki won the title).

Also Joannie beat Yuna once when Yuna just started skating sr. grand prix. But yes, Mao is the only one who seems to consistently challenge Yuna.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingmuch View Post
    Dont you know that Kim is considered as perfect as Princess Diana,hence the "title"....
    Yeah, don't you know that Kim is GOD!?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Rinkside
    Mao will not happy with that result...
    Good job the jugdes!You give us the most unbilievable silver medalist!
    So sorry for miki, she should be on the podium!

Custom Title
    OK, I'm done with Johnny and Tara sitting on the couch like it's a sleep over or something!

Custom Title
    i'm happy mao gets this title with 3 times 3A. maybe it is the last time she attempt those jump layout!

Banned
    Mao did a great skate and she was professional enough to show up.

Custom Title
    A huge congratulations to Cynthia Phaneuf — finishing fifth overall and fourth in the LP was a WAY better result than I expected, and an amazing boost for her. I have always thought she could compete with the best in the world, if she just had a little more confidence in her abilities. I hope this is the boost to that confidence that she needed and she comes out flying next season. She was only a point out of third! With Joannie pulling out it all rested on her and she handled the pressure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    lol In your fantasy world
    They probably feel that other skaters are not given the scores they deserve considering the scores yuna is given.

personally, i think mao should get a slightly higher PCS tonight.

Well, I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind Laura's bronze. To me she is the best skater artistically..

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badknees View Post
    OK, I'm done with Johnny and Tara sitting on the couch like it's a sleep over or something!
    Well, to be truthful, I think Lipinski has been sleeping for quite a well, or at least day dreaming by claiming she can compete with these ladies.

Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast