Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Rinkside
    Yuna has been especially overscored since 2009 season.
    Something must have changed since then....really.
    I believe many people ( except Korean people) think her score is overscored. Today , the contradiction came to be much clear, cause it seems only Yuna was extremely over scored today.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Actually, Miki reminds me of Princess Diana with all the emotional ups and downs, dramas, softheartedness, and healing quality.
    Healing quality...? But I thought Yu-Na was God!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Call pretty bonus!! That's the least amount of triples skate and yet manage to win a bronze??? OMGGGGGG

Miki was totally robbed!!! If Laura pull another triple, i wouldn't be upset, but 3 triples???

Whole FS was such a joke!! Too bad for Marai, pressure got to her!!
    I agree partially - Laura did get the "pretty bonus" - but it was for pretty skating!

Miki - I like her - but what dull, disappointing programs from her this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    You are not alone. such a hypocrite.
    What did Weir say?

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    I don't bother to check that out, so take it and shove it in your mouth.
    And can you stop pretending to be Chinese? Why would you do that?
    In fairness to nothingmuch, he/she wasn't lying that Yu Na is occassionally referred to as Diana on the Chinese forums.

I saw the protocol and feel that Mao's PCS was rather low both at SP and LP. Miki has been receiving low PCS lately, too. Mirai dropped in her PCS in LP compared to SP. I would not comment if these are justifiable because I have watched only SP yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcc102 View Post
    Did anyone else just hear all that behind the scenes stuff?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, typical Universal Sports to leave the audio (and sometimes video) feed running even after the program is over. It's interesting, but a little cringeworthy as well (as you never know what someone will say or do, and they don't seem to remember they are being filmed).

I like Peter's idea of this being a continued skating show, though. They can have a lot more guests and rotate people involved and all.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I don't think Mao winning the 2008 World title was "unbelievable". She fell on her 3A in the LP, but she did place 2nd in the LP, 1st overall anyways. Yu-Na, who won the LP, would have won the title if she didn't make a major mistake in her short, which put her considerably back coming into the long (Mao had a clean SP). I think people need to remember that there are in fact two phases of a figure skating competition--to use the old cliche, you can't win a competition in the SP but you can for sure lose one.

Carolina's silver, however, is much more debateable.
    The only problem for me was that Mao spend about 20 sec doing nothing much after that disasterous fall - that was worst fall ever I've seen from her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    Wallylutz,YES. BIG TIME. Yuna messed up some jumps but that is not so importatnt. To me that program was so flat. There is nothing appeling about it. She was skating almost like "Whatever" Her spins were awfully slow and that was terrible footwork. There is no doubt in my mind that Yuna has been overscored. It is RIDICULOUS!!
    Yuna PCS is a joke!! 65+ for program with a fall, tentative and skating like, 'god, it's finished yet!!'
    She totally looks like she doesn't even wants to be in here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Just a thought to those screaming bloody murder re: Kim's scores...first, I am not partial to either Kim or Asada, but can you please tell me how many Triple-Triple did Asada do for you to scream murder and cursing the judges? When you answer that question. Can you then tell me how many triple-triple or double-triple did Kim do? So now that you know one of Asada's Triple Axel is downgraded, which lost roughly 5~6 points on that jump alone, do you still feel Asada was undermarked?
    Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebabe View Post
    Yuna has been especially overscored since 2009 season.
    Something must have changed since then....really.
    I believe many people ( except Korean people) think her score is overscored. Today , the contradiction came to be much clear, cause it seems only Yuna was extremely over scored today.
    Yuna scored 150 w/ perfect LP, and 130 w/ a fall on 3S and a popped 2A. I don't see anything wrong w/ her score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I don't think Mao winning the 2008 World title was "unbelievable". She fell on her 3A in the LP, but she did place 2nd in the LP, 1st overall anyways. Yu-Na, who won the LP, would have won the title if she didn't make a major mistake in her short, which put her considerably back coming into the long (Mao had a clean SP). I think people need to remember that there are in fact two phases of a figure skating competition--to use the old cliche, you can't win a competition in the SP but you can for sure lose one.

Carolina's silver, however, is much more debateable.
    Er, I didn't say that Mao winning 2008 Worlds was unbelievable. I was reacting to Johnnnn's post that 2008 Worlds gold and silver was unbelievable. I do know that there are two parts of a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    In fairness to nothingmuch, he/she wasn't lying that Yu Na is occassionally referred to as Diana on the Chinese forums.
    really what difference does it make..? what's the point?

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0815 View Post
    Totally agree
    The score of Kim's is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig joke
    Really? That's your first post? I expect to see a lot of Yu-na hating after this. I think I'll have to take a break from the forum for a while...

As for the scoring, I also thought it was unfair that Yu-na won Mao in the LP, but I want to see the protocals before saying too much. The PCS doesn't really work. Mao should've received more for two great performances. I have, however, recently joined that group of fans who think scores don't really matter, as long as they make no difference in placing. No one will remember exact scores years from now. What really matters is who got what medal. Mao definitely deserved the gold medal. She was the only highlight (with Mirai's SP) in an underwhelming event. When was the last time she put together two programs as great as those? I'm so glad she ended a supposed slump season on a high note to prove all of her doubters wrong. Now that she's proven she can do heavy music + win, I'm hoping she will return to music that really fits her I think Yu-na deserved silver. Who else should've received it? Laura who doubled almost every jump in her LP? This was a very underwhelming Worlds. Remember, Yu-na did 3Lz-3T, 3Lz, 3F and 2A-3T, which gives her the technical edge over Laura. She got all the big jumps down and did just enough to win in a splatfest. If Yu-na had received gold with those performances, I would've been very upset, but she got silver. Relax. There is some hope to figure skating. I don't really mind Laura winning bronze either. If Miki had done a bit better in the SP, I would've definitely rallied for her bronze, but Laura had the upperhand there. Laura has amazing qualities many current skaters lack. I just love to watch her skate. I probably wouldn't mind watching her performance minus jumps. Actually, I think I would prefer that . Mirai was my other highlight. She is the future. I hope she doesn't beat herself up for the LP. Not everyone medals at their first Worlds. Recently, only Mao and Yu-na did in 2007, and well, you know, they're out of this world when they're on.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Actually, Miki reminds me of Princess Diana with all the emotional ups and downs, dramas, softheartedness, and healing quality.
    Yes,her skating performance has something blue inside and very plaintively consolatory==dont know how to describe literally in English...bUT I would say I totally agree with you...

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast