Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingmuch View Post
    I'm sorry,but I have to inform you of the fact that I'm brand new here
    I'm from China,and "Diana Kim" is quite prevailling in our Chinese skating forum....we mostly dislike her,mainly for her overscoring all the time!She disgraces the Figure Skating for henceforth why shant we just award her the gold medal directly.

BTW,Sorry for my English writing,not in very good writing form
    Your English is fine but don't you see an inherent problem with the Chinese posters' hatred for Yuna? The whole thing about Yuna being over-scored is debatable to begin with as some people feel that judges are too hard on her at times. So if anything, you should hate the judging/judges not the skater. And I bet you anything if it was a Chinese skater getting "over-scored," y'all would be loving it.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Well, the problem is that if Yuna was scored relatively to her Olympic score, then the other skaters should have also been scored that way. Mao made two obvious errors at the Olympics and gets higher than she does now with a DG, which doesn't really seem right.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I saw the protocol and feel that Mao's PCS was rather low both at SP and LP. Miki has been receiving low PCS lately, too. Mirai dropped in her PCS in LP compared to SP. I would not comment if these are justifiable because I have watched only SP yet.
    I thought Mao's PCS was on the low side (on PE and IN, perhaps), even I don't like her LP--she really sold the heck out of her program. Mirai definitely deserved a PCS drop--her LP definitely lacked the exuberance and sheer joy that her SP had in spades. Plus her mistakes really detracted from the overall performance.

I missed Miki's LP, so I'll reserve my opinion until I see it on Youtube.

Makareva - a bit stiff legged (shades of Butryskaya), and all Tech (shades of Slutskaya) I think, however, that will be ironed out by next season.
    Flat - needs to get more pizazz. That can take awhile.
    Phaneuf - Wow, back in the saddle again. Can she increase her jump level?
    Nagasu - a bad hair day, She'll either learn from this or go deeper down the drain.
    Ando - Fine. just never been interested in that posture.
    Lepisto - Lovely skater with great musical feeling, but she needs more gumption.
    Kim - get with it. ya cant do that at worlds.
    Asada - all tricks and no style, but a good win in this lackluster field.

Overall - just not the most interesting Ladies worlds I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Healing quality...?
    Miki lost her father as a little girl, often suffers from psychological issues, and shows great sympathy for others. She dedicated the requiem SP to a little boy with whom she promised to give a gold medal; he passed away.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Er, I didn't say that Mao winning 2008 Worlds was unbelievable. I was reacting to Johnnnn's post that 2008 Worlds gold and silver was unbelievable. I do know that there are two parts of a competition.
    Oh, I was replying to Johnnnn's post too, but must have accidentally quoted yours. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I would have ranked this LP as:

1. Asada
    2. Kim
    3. Phaneuf
    4. Ando
    5. Kostner
    6. Suzuki
    7. Makarova
    8. Flatt
    9. Nagasu
    10. Lepisto
    That's about right but i would switch Laura to 8th instead of Flatt and Flatt to 10th for free.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Carolina's bogus '08 silver changed Yukari's career - but still I blame JSF for that....
    I agree. Yukari deserved a medal, and that could've changed her international results. I don't get how JSF is involved though. Could you please explain?

Gutted for Mirai, but it really was a lot to ask of her, considering that even a few months ago, she was self-destructing in programs. She probably feels horrible right now; not just for herself but for the fact that she wasn't able to get a third spot for the US next year. It's not the end of the world; they can make it up next year. But still, that's got to hurt.

Her score was so, so, so low; I imagine that she got multiple DG's? That's the only way I can figure that out. I don't understand how Yuna scored thirty points higher with a fall and single, but her other jumps must have been better.

It's okay, Mirai...so the future didn't start today. Be happy with what you've been able to accomplish this season, and go in with confidence and fight to the next!

Medalist
    Well, Laura got 106 in euros with 2 triples, now she gets 114 with 3 triples and one is lutz and propalby it was the first time good lutz of few she has done it. So the "line" has been quite similar all time. Ksenia propably suffered in the SP because of being nr2 skater in Russia, they left room for Alena. I would have ranked also her ahead of Laura.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Whole post.
    ITA. Placements are what ultimately matters so as long as the marks don't affect them, fine. Yu Na deserved to win over Lepisto though imo.

This has been utterly underwhelming, although we did witness a few skaters rising to the occassion and delivering relatively clean performances. I hope the Gala is much more relaxed and fun!

Speaking of which, when's the Gala?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Well, congratulations to Mao!!! Finally her quality triumphs. But Mirai... those little slips add up. I was hoping she would throw another jump in somewhere to make up those points, but I guess she didn't think she could. I'm afraid she'll beat herself up over the loss of that third spot.

So disappointed for Miki too. She did so well tonight and wasn't rewarded for it.
    She couldn't as she already use up three combonations!! 3Lz+2T, 2A+3T, and 3Lo-2A seq. if she add it another 2T some where, the entire jump will get zero point.

Too bad the first 3LZ screw her big time. Is she land it the 3Lz+2T+2Lo combo, the bronze will be her!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Oh, I was replying to Johnnnn's post too, but must have accidentally quoted yours. Sorry!
    Oh, ok!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    That's about right but i would switch Laura to 8th instead of Flatt and Flatt to 10th for free.
    I can live with that. The thing is I really like Laura, but she should have been nowhere near the podium with a LP lacking so much technical content. 3 triples at this level is unacceptable.

Is it top 4 or 5 at Gala?

Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast